Should Derek Fisher's Jersey be retired by the Lakers?

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

CP17--you really think Shaq should get his jersey retired by LA?....I only ask this because he didn't stay very long...just wondering your reasons...

He played 8 years there, and brought us a 3 peat, with 3 finals MVP's. His jersey will hang in staples.

Kinda off topic, but why isn't Mikan's number retired? I know he played in Minneapolis, but it's still the same organization.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Kinda off topic, but why isn't Mikan's number retired? I know he played in Minneapolis, but it's still the same organization.
Good question. But I doubt anyone would have the balls to dawn on the number 99 though. It's one of those numbers that you just don'ttouch in respect to Mikan.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

if they do this......they have to retire Horry/Fox/ Michael Cooper/ Byron Scott/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

not really

if they didn't retire Michael Cooper.......then NO

Lakers only retire NBA all-time great players.......not just great Laker players

Coop, Fish, Rambis, Green, Scott, Horry will not be retired because they are not NBA HOF'ers

You gotta understand man, those jerseys hanging up from Staples Center, are the jerseys of LEGENDS and HOF's.

how can you say NO when the dude bailed them out so many dang times. if he didnt hit the shots then they would have lost.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by CP1708

Wilt
West
Baylor
Magic
Worthy
Kareem
Shaq someday
Kobe someday
Fisher
Horry

Which of those names don't belong?

Now I wish we could do somethin for both Horry and Fish, but we aren't the typical NBA franchise just retire any ol scrubs jersey.
Fixed

wait WHAT?

No chance. Role players don't get their numbers retired with the Lakers. A nice front office job will suit him just fine though.

If you retire Fisher's number, you might as well hang Pacific Division and Western Conference Champions banners as well. The Lakers aren't just yourrun of the mill franchise, it's one of the premier franchises in all of sports.

With the cast of retired jerseys they have, Fishers name wouldn't belong. He was a key part in the success to the championships wins, but not a big enoughplayer in the history of the franchise to get his name up in the rafters.

Good question. But I doubt anyone would have the balls to dawn on the number 99 though. It's one of those numbers that you just don't touch in respect to Mikan.

I think that they have a special banner for the minneapolis lakers with all their retired jerseys

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Good question. But I doubt anyone would have the balls to dawn on the number 99 though. It's one of those numbers that you just don't touch in respect to Mikan.

I think that they have a special banner for the minneapolis lakers with all their retired jerseys

If that's true, then I'm happy.

But if not, Mikan HAS to be put up there ASAP.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Maybe the Heat will.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by CP1708

Wilt
West
Baylor
Magic
Worthy
Kareem
Shaq someday
Kobe someday
Fisher
Horry

Which of those names don't belong?

Now I wish we could do somethin for both Horry and Fish, but we aren't the typical NBA franchise just retire any ol scrubs jersey.
Fixed

?????
Fixed? The point of those names being there was for the question that followed. If anything you should have said answered or something.

Love what's he done for the Lakers but ABSOLUTELY NOT! It already looks weird having Goodrich's jersey in the rafters...no disrespect to dude buthe's the obvious odd man out when you look up there...

No. He's hit a few big 3's just been in the right place at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom