should this be a cause for concern?

for the record, i have a doctors appointment this week....

well anyways me being a %+$@*!$, i was hopping up the stairs in my house (which are hard wood) with socks on... i got to the top and i SLIPPED and landedSTRAIGHT on my knee... well around that area i think the tibia tuberosity
tibia_fibula.jpg
... within seconds it got swollen to the size of my knee... maybe even larger (sorry no pics, i was in too much pain).. so it looked like i had 2kneecaps on my leg
laugh.gif
but yeah it got a little numb and until now (it happened on the 16th) it's still kind of numb.

i searched it on webmd and i think i might have nerve damage... it was an acute injury.
i also think i might have dented my bone a little bit
frown.gif

has this happened to anyone before? should i be concerned? and yes i'm alread going to the doctors.

i was playing baseball, practicing b4 a game and the coach hit this fly ball that was like 100 some feet high, !%#@ was REAL high.... and it came down, hit theside of my glove and flew into my shin.... hurt like piss...... b4 i went up to bat i felt my shin, and there was like an actual DENT in the muscle/bone..... Iwas shocked/concerned.... It healed within a day or 2

Good luck man, only story/exp. i can share

You'll be fine in a week or 2, trust me

Can you put weight on the leg?

You probably got a bone bruise I'm guessing.... Ice + elevate + aspirin (if you're old enough) and don't put too much weight on it for a coupledays.

damn dude...props on the research and pic
laugh.gif

seriously tho, yeah def. something the doc needs to look at. i wouldnt be too concerned about it...but if its still numb, doc needs to check it out.

you should be fine. i fell hard on my knees last snowboarding season. it was hurting for days. smh at me not going to the doctor but it healed nicely. youmight feel a dent where you made contact with the ground. it'll go away. for me it did anyway.

I got the same thing due to a kneecap to kneecap during bball practice...

Mine felt just like a bruise, so I ignored it and its healing pretty well...damn near 100% now

...might be just a bruise like mine..

i can walk on it fine run on it fine.. most of the time, when i run up the stairs it hurts sometimes. but idk i might just be over reacting.

i know i've had my share of bruises and what not but this is the first time something like this has happened
ohwell.gif

Same thing happens when you bang knees, you may have to get it drained but you should be fine.

dont take any advice from any nters!!! yur going to the doctor so let him diagnose it, jus stay off it until then. u dont want to damage it more than italready is. and fyi, knee injuries suck, they take hella long to heal

Originally Posted by sole lovely

i can walk on it fine run on it fine.. most of the time, when i run up the stairs it hurts sometimes. but idk i might just be over reacting.

i know i've had my share of bruises and what not but this is the first time something like this has happened
ohwell.gif

At least you made a doctors appointment. Ive been told you don't really realize your knees are messed up until your older.

Originally Posted by sole lovely

Originally Posted by TeePeso

Same thing happens when you bang knees, you may have to get it drained but you should be fine.

DRAINED WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My cousin got it. The doctor had a big needle that the filled up like 2-4 times full of blood
laugh.gif

You should be fine, if there is some nerve damage its not a huge deal, should be fine after some time.

my knees and shins are bumpy like nobodies business from soccer, no permanent issues.

Back
Top Bottom