Single Of The Decade

I defff dont think it was in da club lmao

yeah on the other hand could be one...EVERYBODY knows that song

pimp.gif
OP gets it right.

why would Billboard add digital downloads when they weren't as prominent in the early 2000's?

imo, it would be Hey Ya. !#*% was on damn near every music station. ages 6 to 60 knew the song.

guess stats show otherwise.

I agree with In Da Club but you can't go wrong with Hey Ya. Like Jomitm said, ages 6 to 60 knew that song.

1a: In Da Club
1b: Hey Ya
2: Yeah!

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I give up with Billboard...I liked the Mario song,but the 8th best single of the decade?
Yeah $@%% Billboard but "Let Me Love You" easily deserves a top 10 slot. That song was huge, one of the biggest R&B hits of thedecade.

"Low" at #3 is just comedic.

Originally Posted by jomitm

why would Billboard add digital downloads when they weren't as prominent in the early 2000's?
B/c the decade didn't end until now and whatever sales they accumulated, by whatever means, count towards the total.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I give up with Billboard...I liked the Mario song,but the 8th best single of the decade?
Yeah $@%% Billboard but "Let Me Love You" easily deserves a top 10 slot. That song was huge, one of the biggest R&B hits of the decade.

[h2]Flo Rida's "Low" Crowned The Top-Selling Digital Song Of Decade[/h2]http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/flo_ridas_low_marks_top-selling_digital.html

im not sure there were so many songs i liked but dont think in da club was number 1

In Da Club and Yeah are the top two for me, in terms of Rap/R&B.

For pop music it'd have to be Bye, Bye, Bye or possibly a Britney Spears song

Out of these choices it would have to be hey ya.
I love hov and all but hey ya really did some things when it came out
And people cover it wayyy too much which says alot LOL

Originally Posted by johngotty

B/c the decade didn't end until now and whatever sales they accumulated, by whatever means, count towards the total.

dvdjamm5150 wrote:

Yeah $@%% Billboard but "Let Me Love You" easily deserves
a top 10 slot. That song was huge, one of the biggest R&B hits of
the
decade.

[h2]Flo Rida's "Low" Crowned The Top-Selling Digital Song Of Decade[/h2]http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/flo_ridas_low_marks_top-selling_digital.html

Flo-rida cheated to win that title though. They paid to stay at the top of itunes. Like Def jam buying their own albums.

ehhh Yeah brings up a good argument that I didn't think about when I opened the thread...

But instead of In Da Club by a longshot I say it barely squeeks out the victory over Yeah.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Yeah $@%% Billboard but "Let Me Love You" easily deserves a top 10 slot. That song was huge, one of the biggest R&B hits of the decade.

Yup. Althought I will say this. Flo has had two of the biggest singles in a while, but when people only like your first singles, you fail. Hisbody of work does not create as much popularity as his singles. I don't think both his albums have even gone platium though. However I will say this, bothhim and the record labels generate millions from the digital singles so Im sure they are making up for it

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

In Da Club

Dirt off your Shoulder

Yeah!

Hey Ya.

Im in love with a Stripper.

and maybee air force 1s...i remember everybody singin that joint

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

In Da Club

Dirt off your Shoulder

Yeah!

Hey Ya.

Im in love with a Stripper.

and maybee air force 1s...i remember everybody singin that joint
that song came out when i was in 7th grade. (im a soph in college now)

i remember walkin into class with a fresh pair of forces.
pimp.gif

it was a good decade
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom