SMH @ Paypal x eBay

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That 21 day hold sucks...
But when you provide a tracking number and ship with speed, its really not that bad.

so much BS between both companies.

Sell an item following e-bay/paypal and you are out nearly 13% of your sale value.

and then you gotta pay for shipping costs too... WHICH THEY ALSO COMMISSION NOW 
indifferent.gif

not to mention anything over 250$ requires signature confirmation 

sold my DS black laser IVs and only did normal delivery confirm (not signature) 

USPS number read shoes were delivered and buyer denies it... and its his confirmed address 
indifferent.gif

and they are like we only cover up to 250$ for just normal delivery confirm, so I'm like well, 

I been your custy for 10+ years so give me 250$ and they are like nah 
indifferent.gif

but at the same time they "understand my frustration....."  hmmmm 

so much to say about them it's not even funny.  yeah i'm mad 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What I always found suspicious was the fact that eBay owns Paypal. So not only do they dip into your funds for selling items on ebay, but they also take an extra for using paypal...

I just sold a pair of kicks on eBay and since I've passed the probationary period of 21 days they say I'm lucky enough to get my % of my $ three days after the expected delivery date of my shipment. I understand from a buyer's POV, but damn, it's almost not worth selling unless you sell 20-25% over market rate.

i use my friends ebay account for this very reason. i tried selling on my ebay and they pulled that 21 day hold crap. i contacted the buyers and told them i had no access to the funds until they got the shoes or left positive feedback and i wasn't comfortable shipping under those options. i gave them 2 options. 1. i refund them, we agree to cancel the transaction and i gave them a $5 discount since i didn't have to pay ebay fees. i gave them my cell number and told them to contact me directly and each buyer was cool with it, 1 of the dudes i contacted buys from me regularly now. or they had choice 2. which was i refund them and we cancel the deal altogether if they didn't feel comfortable dealing outside of ebay. either way i wasn't shipping stuff without access to the funds beforehand,

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

It's my money, and I need it now!

Originally Posted by zyr12

What's this 21 day thing? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

paypal holds the money that they buyer sends you for 21 days to make sure you didn't scam the buyer,
eyes.gif

don't really mind the 21 day hold but the fees man
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

they locked my account once when i had 4 grand in there 
tired.gif

cause a dude in france said he didn't get the CD he bought from me 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

paypal sucks for sellers

exactly.   it just doesn't make sense to hold money like that and expect a seller to ship the item out without having access to the funds.    i don't go to stores and tell them i want a pair of shoes and that i'm going to take them home and once i wear them and i'm satisfied or in 21 days i'll give them the money. it just don't work like that and as a seller i refuse to do business like that.

I just sold 8 XBOX games on Ebay last week and the money's already in my Bank account... Not sure what yall got going on that they're holding it.

Originally Posted by Vinod869

Sell an item following e-bay/paypal and you are out nearly 13% of your sale value.

indifferent.gif

USPS number read shoes were delivered and buyer denies it... and its his confirmed address 
indifferent.gif

and they are like we only cover up to 250$ for just normal delivery confirm, so I'm like well, 

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
first, its the same company. i dont care how they present it, its owned by one,

secondly, 13% is being modest. i sold an iphone a while back fro 350 , i only saw 290 of the money. $60 off $350 is not 13%

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Vinod869

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
first, its the same company. i dont care how they present it, its owned by one,

secondly, 13% is being modest. i sold an iphone a while back fro 350 , i only saw 290 of the money. $60 off $350 is not 13%

from a realistic perspective, i can accept seller fees on ebay, just not at what they currently are.  i feel what they offer me as a seller is flat out unacceptable.  

i can have my perfect feedback ruined by a stupid impulsive buyer who doesn't bother to read an entire auction or ask questions before hand that leaves negative feedback over their own stupidity, and i can't do anything about it or leave negative feedback in return to warn other sellers of this toxic buyer.  (i got the negative feedback removed by some internet vigalante justice, calling dudes house and getting all his personal info usually gets people shook up) but i shouldn't have to do all that to begin with.

aside from that, i refuse to do anything other then buy it now with immediate payment required on ebay when i sell.   it's way too many deadbeat buyers and the system is set up where they can flake and treat your auction like a toy and there's no accountability for them. again i can't leave them the feedback they deserve and i have to wait an uneccesary amount of time to get my final value fees refunded and im still out for what i paid in listing fees and my time was wasted.   hell some niketalker on here posted in a foamposite thread a while ago how he won an auction on some shoes only to find them cheaper later and he flaked out on the first person.   it's a scumbag move on his part but i'm more disgusted at ebay because they don't hold buyers like that accountable.

what they charge in fees is a joke and a slap in the face to sellers considering ebay caters way more to buyers  even though sellers are the ones taking it on the chin by paying those rediculous fees.  i hope ebay someday gets legit competition that forces them to shape up.

again i don't mind paying fees but i expect better services as a seller from them.  their crappy set up is why i mainly use them just for exposure rather then selling on there.    all my auctions say in the listing that it's expensive to sell on ebay and i have to factor fees into my pricing, i also encourage potential buyers to contact me directly so we can work a deal outside of ebay that's benifical to both me and them.  i'd say around 75% of the stuff i list on ebay ends up being sold outside of ebay.

if they're holding your money for 21 days....you're not doing it right. All you have to do is upload the tracking number. 

ditto on what ijapino said....double dip
grin.gif

I used to sell EVERYTHING on ebay back in the early-mid 2000's. Had a good time doing it too. Member since March of 2000. Only way I'll sell something on there anymore is if it's expensive and I'm hurting for cash. OG members should be immune from these new charges.

Back
Top Bottom