Sneaker Collecting is dead and is a FAD

it's been a lot tougher....and a lot worse......but i don't get hurt over missing a pair....just better luck next time as a collector.....can't have em all

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Yes I said it. Agree or disagree? All these line ups, marked up prices with bad quality, limited hyperquickstrikes, re-sellers, and bandwagon idiots killed it along with all the stupid sneaker cakes, sneaker gas mask, Galaxy, elephant print, glow in the dark, on EVERYTHING is dead. I don't wanna stick around and find out what happens in the future... Gone are the good ol days and those who are 30 years old or older can relate.
you'll change your mind by winter time. probably sooner

I too have decided to retire from the game and start wearing all my old deadstocked retros/AF1s if I don't get anyone asking about them. Everything about the shoe game is just depressing to me anymore. Might as well start killing it with a different colorway a day and at least enjoy them.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Originally Posted by LBCOL

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

Then get out of this "SNEAKER COLLECTING" website.
Good bye.

couldn't agree more, if all you people hate the game so much then quit, please.
laugh.gif
 I love the "game" talk. 

shamu
laugh.gif

I don't think it's dead yet...but it's getting there. It's been said for years now...and every year it's truer. With any luck the hysteria will run its course within the next few years. I probably won't even be interested by then...  
Child Please! I got the shamus, the red space jams & some dope son of mars. looking mad flossy
wink.gif

In summary. us old heads are mad at these wack 90s baby "sneakerheads". They are now old enough to want/purchase the shoes that their favorite rapper is wearing. They weren't back in the early 00s.edit: Furthermore, the spread of social media has made EVERYTHING hot. I.e. when nelly made af1s hot in 02. Everything is hot like that now: foams, Lebrons, Jordans. etc. It's making the diehards of each upset.

NOW THAT I COPPED MY SHAMU 12'S AND OREO SPACE JAM 11'S I AM GOOD. I PROB RETIRE THIS AFTER I COP 3 PAIRS OF THE WHITE DMP PACK, BLACK MARS 4'S, THE YANKEE 6'S, THE OLYMPIC HARE 7'S, THE BLACKOUT BORDEAUX'S, THE PENNY 9'S AND THE ARMY 9'S

Spoiler [+]
THESE ARE ALL NICKNAMES I HAVE HEARD PPL USE...SMH AND THIS IS I AM RETIRING!

BUT THIS IS MY LAST YEAR SO I WILL BE GOING OUT ON TOP!

its not dead its just an easy way for people to make money, so resellers rule. I been collecting since 2003, and if you dont have a strategy by now when copping your just not trying hard enough. granted i cop almost everything online now. if i dont get through from the usual websites, i go to the mall. the mall i go to opens at 8am. 4 stores that get everything. i have a 100% percent chance of getting anything thats not limited.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

As a 13 year collector i have to say yes. the sneaker culture sucks now. you cant even buy the kicks you want without going above and beyond and out of your way. i think its officially time to throw in the towel

I've been trying to determine if I want to stay in the game or not lately and I think im gonna sell a quarter of my collection soon. With the amount of f*@#ery I've been seeing lately at these releases I am completely turned off from collecting. While standing in line at the "Playoff XII" release I personally seen a whole family buy majority of the store stock right before my eyes and that infuriated me. How daddy and mommy,Sarah and Kate gonna buy all big sizes to flip smh and Kate(8 yr old) took my size 13 smh I'm tripping at work right now so please excuse me but like I said i'm about to hang it up guys the state of the game is too crazy right now.

Since this is a thread about the current state of shoes, anybody remember these days

30t6p3b.gif
If only it were this simple now.

I agree but WHILE these lames are making it harder to cop Jordan Retros and Special/limited foams and lebrons etc…Nike is releasing Diamond Turf IIs, huarache trainers, huarache frees, roches, and the upcoming Nike Trainer I chlorophyl's and speed turfs. These are easy cops for me. These young mofos can't wrap their heads around these old nike sportswear joints and thats great, I hope they buy all the jays! Because thats where I'm going with my collecting/hoarding.

Im 12-13 years deep so Ive copped what jordans i've wanted over the years, so this new generation can wait in line for these low quality jordan retros. Ill be copping new innovative product and classic sportswear stuff from the 90s.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

OP couldnt get the js huh?

You shoulda tried harder. I got mines.

I got J's homie.. That's not the issue.. It's the state of sneaker collecting all together... Used to be fun when it was only "us"..

I don't know if it's dead quite yet, but I definitely agree that it's a trend right now among a lot of people. Eventually, I believe that sneaker "collecting" is going to die out and people will move on to the next big thing. But that's okay with me, because after it's all said and done, the people who actually appreciate the shoes and the culture will stick around.

The problem is , these youngins are calling themselfs "shoeheads" (?) and copping every OG shoe they see on ebay, as well as copping the most recent releases from their "hook ups at flight club". Each retro of an OG color since around the BC 3s in November has gotten progressively worse. I feel as though social media has played one of the largest parts. its a place where these kids can be accepted, and respected by their peers because of "all the heat they cop". Nothing will be changing in the near future, so maybe we'll have to adapt. Or nike could learn how to satisfy us all. More shoe produced and distributed = more people copping = more $$$ for nike, and more happy people. Smdh

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

OP couldnt get the js huh?

You shoulda tried harder. I got mines.

I got J's homie.. That's not the issue.. It's the state of sneaker collecting all together... Used to be fun when it was only "us"..

Blame the rise of the internet sneaker websites.
& people wanting to 'fit in' after seeing celebs wearing them.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

NOW THAT I COPPED MY SHAMU 12'S AND OREO SPACE JAM 11'S I AM GOOD. I PROB RETIRE THIS AFTER I COP 3 PAIRS OF THE WHITE DMP PACK, BLACK MARS 4'S, THE YANKEE 6'S, THE OLYMPIC HARE 7'S, THE BLACKOUT BORDEAUX'S, THE PENNY 9'S AND THE ARMY 9'S

Spoiler [+]
THESE ARE ALL NICKNAMES I HAVE HEARD PPL USE...SMH AND THIS IS I AM RETIRING!

BUT THIS IS MY LAST YEAR SO I WILL BE GOING OUT ON TOP!

don't forget about the blue playoffs!

It is what it is.....I collect,but I've been doing the same thing since I was a freshman in college in '95.  I don't and won't let anyone tell me what I should have or shouldn't have. I became a man when I had my oldest son, who turns 15 in a few months.  I've been deployed a few times, with countless firefights, not that Call of Duty s**t.  Things like that make you realize shoes are just what they are. Shoes. I have no significant bearing on the resell market. People will buy, people will sell. And I'll continue to treat it as something I do when all the family's things are paid for first.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Everything is cyclical. What once was, will be again. This is how jersey collectors felt years ago when rappers started wearing nothing but. And then all of the sudden you could get pro cuts for $15.

All the old timers and real deal fellas need to do is sit back, and stay calm.
This. Why would I cop the Playoff XII's now when I'll be able to get them below retail on here/eBay when the fashionistas get tired of them. You can already occasionally score Chicago X's below retail, I'm sure it will be the same with nearly every release.

I'm just buying a bunch of non-Jordan stuff that sits and goes on sale. Bargains to be had everywhere.

These.

Back
Top Bottom