So are we still in the "Remastered" era?

black & cement III's wit N/A just dropped b.
I know fam but seriously what happened with molds and quality materials that required the increase in price? Has it been like they proclaimed or is remastered just nike air slapped on the shoe now?

Last edited:
"Remastered"

nick-cage-lol.gif

The fact they even had to come out with a "Remastered" campaign just admits fault. When we buy a Jordan shoe for say 200 dollars were essentially buying a 80 dollar sneaker with a 120 dollar name brand mark up. To me the whole Remastered idea is just a big middle finger to the consumers.

"Hey we know weve been releasing a poor product with massive profit margins so were gonna fix it by launching this bogus ad campaign and charging you more money"

What even happened to the Remastered movement anyways? Has anyone even heard anything about it since 2015?

Just a way for Jordan to save face when the consumers actually started to get a grip. Now were all just back to buying Jordans no matter what the cost is. Im no better than anyone else here, I still pick up a couple Jordans a year but as every year passes I feel worse giving JB my money. Thats one of the reasons I hate the resell market so much. Jordan sells a $80 sneak for $200, then Billy and his bots eat them up and now your paying $400 for the same product.

The sneakerhead community is so backwards as it is. We only want it if its limited but then we complain when we cant get our hands on them. If a sneaker doesnt sell out instantly than its no longer sought after. Take these OVO 8s that just came out, threads got a million views, dudes going crazy for the sneaker, then everyone gets a pair, price drops and so does their lust for the kick.

Dudes dont even wear their stuff these days either, on here complaining about leather and stitching on a sneaker theyll never even put on their feet. They just want the perfect pair for when they sell it on the aftermarket.If you actually plan on wearing your pair a small glue stain or stitch isnt going to kill your vibe. People think theyre stunting because they copped a kick for double retail just so they can take a pic here and there and get likes on a message board or social media.

Just a whole bunch of collectors and resellers these days and less and less "sneakerheads".

/rant

They can execute certain models perfectly then others they think because they throw in Nike air or use a certain shade of colors we suppose to ignore everything else wrong with the shoe

Honestly, I don't think this mold is ever coming back.
nike-air-jordan-3-og-true-blue-2016.jpg

The curved toe box allows a more natural motion when you walk which is why most running/walking shoes you see nowadays have that same curved toe box. Also, JB has already started lowering prices with the Black Cement 3s (200 instead of 220).

idk, if the tb3's that recenlty released looked like those I would've copped. I don't walk around all day in them, let alone even wear them for a few hours

Ehh, didn't buy into that "remastered" sales pitch. To be honest, they're not going to put in the greatest efforts on remaking an old shoe. Like many have said, as long as consumers keep on buying them like this, why should they change? Ya they'll make some improvements along the way. Nike is a tycoon in the sportswear industry. Making new products and innovating new technology for their products is what they're all about. They'll keep making these retros as long as people keep buying them, IMO.

The fact they even had to come out with a "Remastered" campaign just admits fault. When we buy a Jordan shoe for say 200 dollars were essentially buying a 80 dollar sneaker with a 120 dollar name brand mark up. To me the whole Remastered idea is just a big middle finger to the consumers.

"Hey we know weve been releasing a poor product with massive profit margins so were gonna fix it by launching this bogus ad campaign and charging you more money"

What even happened to the Remastered movement anyways? Has anyone even heard anything about it since 2015?

Just a way for Jordan to save face when the consumers actually started to get a grip. Now were all just back to buying Jordans no matter what the cost is. Im no better than anyone else here, I still pick up a couple Jordans a year but as every year passes I feel worse giving JB my money. Thats one of the reasons I hate the resell market so much. Jordan sells a $80 sneak for $200, then Billy and his bots eat them up and now your paying $400 for the same product.

The sneakerhead community is so backwards as it is. We only want it if its limited but then we complain when we cant get our hands on them. If a sneaker doesnt sell out instantly than its no longer sought after. Take these OVO 8s that just came out, threads got a million views, dudes going crazy for the sneaker, then everyone gets a pair, price drops and so does their lust for the kick.

Dudes dont even wear their stuff these days either, on here complaining about leather and stitching on a sneaker theyll never even put on their feet. They just want the perfect pair for when they sell it on the aftermarket.If you actually plan on wearing your pair a small glue stain or stitch isnt going to kill your vibe. People think theyre stunting because they copped a kick for double retail just so they can take a pic here and there and get likes on a message board or social media.

Just a whole bunch of collectors and resellers these days and less and less "sneakerheads".

/rant
Its just marketing bro. Breathe.

The remastered campaign worked well for business. And it was good for consumers too.

It was needed to regain trust.

Now you can tell that their marketing campaign is mirroring the addidas strategy by releasing tons of different shoes and colorways in limited numbers and not tons of numbers for a couple of releases.

Then they will come up with something else when this starts to fade.

Because it's their job.

As far as the main question goes...

I think the remastered campaign will last until 2020 after all the original classics have retroed.

Though it's hard to say they care as much about getting things right in 2018 than they did in 2015 when I look at the bc3s. Still a far cry from the dark ages though.

Then in 2020, when the Brand's value is artificially high due to them emptying out the vault for the past 5 years, they will sell the company to the highest bidder, cash out and retire. Mark, MJ, Tinker, all of em.

As far as the main question goes...

I think the remastered campaign will last until 2020 after all the original classics have retroed.

Though it's hard to say they care as much about getting things right in 2018 than they did in 2015 when I look at the bc3s. Still a far cry from the dark ages though.

Then in 2020, when the Brand's value is artificially high due to them emptying out the vault for the past 5 years, they will sell the company to the highest bidder, cash out and retire. Mark, MJ, Tinker, all of em.
Well if they are gonna drop all the bombs in the next 2 years then cash out, I'm gonna have an expensive two years. The flagship shoe just doesn't move like they used to. I'm still trying to figure out their angle on the 33 and so on. They aren't terrible, buts its just not the same. Really though, MJ not leaving this behind imo. Why would he. There are too many people doing the work for him. Too many of us that keep coming back. Will it fade? Maybe. Right now I think they are trying to take their spot back from Adidas. If they all planned on leaving the business in the next 2, they wouldn't be trying so hard right now.

Don't get me wrong, it could definitely go either way, but in a practical sense they're all at just the right age to retire altogether and still be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Would MJ really be able to part with his logo and namesake? I guess that depends on who's buying and what degree of involvement he may or may not still want in the brand. At the end of the day, it's just business.

And if MJ really cared about his brand he wouldn't have let it go to crap with Gentry tearing apart the legacy a shoe at a time. When he's sitting on a few billion, its hard for me to see him caring much then.

Then again, if he becomes a multi billionaire, he probably won't ever become the commissioner of the NBA, which would be dope to see on a basketball.

If we can call it that, then yes we're still in the "remastered" age. Only real card left for JB to play on retros, is NA on retro+ shoes, which to an extent we've already seen on the JTH, FTL, Tinkers essentially all are retro + shoes (seems like something else too, I'm just too tired to think though) I expect more to follow soon too.

^^^ I hope not we don’t need Nike air on retro + CWs in my opinion

/rant

I'm right there with you, man. **** is frustrating, for real.

EDIT: LOL @ the idea of Nike selling off Jordan Brand. Get a grip, y'all.

Back
Top Bottom