So, Chances Of An App or Mobile Site?

Think mobile optimized site for all platforms rather than a dedicated app.

Like many of you, I definitely see value in the ability of dedicated apps to support push notifications, which would work beautifully with the new subscriptions/following system, but, in terms of priorities, naturally we'd prefer to see that ALL mobile users have a great experience. 

The layout we have now doesn't look great on my phone and requires more zooming than the old site, but it's great for desktops and tablets.  A mobile site designed for touch input and small screen sizes is the perfect complement to that.  

Once that's accomplished, then I will definitely advocate for push notifications and other features you think are important.  

I've seen a demo of the mobile optimized site in action and I think you'll be very happy with it.  It's extremely clean, fast, and easy to use - and it should work on just about any phone automatically.  Nothing to download.  Nothing to update.  No special bookmark required.  

In a perfect world, would we launch with that?  Yeah - but wouldn't you rather be here than on Yuku right now?  The frustration of finagling this layout on my phone, to me, is far easier to deal with than the frustration of Yuku failing to load regularly, stalling when we execute basic moderation commands, and churning out inadvertent double and triple posts.  

I know that it's gonna take time for people to fully appreciate why we made the decision to choose the Huddler platform, but arguably the best way for everyone to understand is just to see that this forum WILL undergo regular improvements and won't be permitted to fall into a state of neglect.  There was a new release pushed TODAY, in fact, that was obviously transparent to everyone here.  I'm hoping that, as the Huddler team continues to build on a product that, frankly, is years ahead of what we were using and they're making a sincere effort to honor and address our feedback, you'll start to feel more comfortable.  

What you see today is literally only the beginning.  We've made several fixes and improvements in response to user requests TODAY alone - and that's while dealing with every dirty, unethical trick Yuku's been trying to throw at us.  

I'm confident that the site will just get better and better as time goes by.   As much as we care about NikeTalk, trust that we researched every option extensively.  We chose Huddler for a reason and I'm sure they're looking forward to proving that reason to you every single day.  If I didn't believe that, we wouldn't be here. 

Since the mobile version is months away, any chance there will be a tapatalk temp version to hold us over?

If we get a mobile site, something like slickdeals.net mobile site is on the money...

If we get a mobile app, something like XDA is on the money...

:smokin :smokin :smokin

@ Methodman & Shawea

My only gripe are the ads are huge and takes up a lot of screen real estate.  Otherwise it looks much better.

The good thing about being in England, We don't get the adverts you all do

My only quip with the new site are the ads on the top right side of the page. The top banner ad is cool with me, but the other ones need to go.

My only quip with the new site are the ads on the top right side of the page. The top banner ad is cool with me, but the other ones need to go.

The good thing about being in England, We don't get the adverts you all do

screen shot of your page?

I didn't care much for a Site update but an app is definitely due. What is more important for me at least is just finding the best way to stop scamming.

Glad to hear a mobile version is in the works. I'm mostly on my phone when browsing NT.

I can already see the Huddler Admin, shawea, is going to be good for this forum. He's already been helpful thus far by answering questions about the new layout and trying to get everything running properly.

Last edited:
If anyone has tapatalktapatalk on an android device you can find it there...

Looks like this
a6937b1d-08ec-0ae9.jpg

Basic look works fine for me..

I was wondering about the mobile app. I wouldn't mind contributing either if need-be. This forum has been a huge part of my online browsing for the past 10+ years. Now that we are off that POS Yuku, we can move to bigger and better things.

An app would be nice! I haven't checked with the iPhone yet, but I can see how it can be rough.

Meth, why are you not Method Man anymore?

Also, people are making such a huge deal about their join date that I think it should just be shown when you click on someone's profile. It shouldn't be shown when someone posts. Mine is correct, but it's obviously bothering a good amount of people.

I'm glad we made the move! Yuku was turrible.

It wasn't that bad browsing the site on my iPhone. Guess I'll wait and see how good the app is.
As far as the new IT guy, I may speak for myself, but I appreciate all the hard work.

Back
Top Bottom