So i got a new job as a financial advisor and...

exquisite collection. i understand your story as well. I, too just started a new job (fresh out of grad school) that requires semi-business attire. I amwearing my sneakers a whole lot less, but i cannot part with them. in a way, they are part of my personality/identity. if you do decide to sell, get at me...

dkVCU:smh: lol stop tryna milk me manyou know u aint gon rock 'em anyways D.

LOVE DEM KICKS: you remembermy WDYWT posts?
pimp.gif

ireminisce: yo! yea i know this urnew SN...haha been know that

ucasta: wish i can do the same...however ibelieve in order to move forward i gotta let the past go...im still keeping a few tho...its the Jordans that will go first...basically all the ones that i dontever wear, i try to keep the pratical ones.

YoungSk8: 8.5
wink.gif

Sell everything.

Get out while you can!

Buy a Rolex with what you get from your shoes!

What financial institution are you working for? I have been approached by a few firms and just can't get myself to go completely salary-less.

Nice stuff..... Just keep some of them...........Congrats on the job...

.i have no time to wear my sneakers anymore.

Judging from all those DS sneakers, it doesn't look like you made very much time to EVER wear any sneakers.

Got some heat in there though.

itz khanh: im with Primerica right now

eaalto: lol i just want another Movado,Rolex is outa my range right now

hows your edge:
roll.gif
true!

jordansequallife:i'll just wear flip flops in the summer, but i am keeping the AMs and the Vans tho.

Thanks folks! You can catch my listings on ISS, both kicks AND gears!
laugh.gif

You got some very icy Vs and VIs. Very nice collection.

I'm diggin your red suede Pumas too. I'm rockin those as I'm typing.
happy.gif

Well being a financial adviser and all you see the advantage in holding these as investments.....but on the real, me and a couple of friends are going throughthe same stage, what the point if you cant wear them....I would dump them all at once so you get a nice lump sum of cash and make a purchase of greatermagnitude/importance (house/car down payment, furniture, some other high ticket item....) this is the best solution we came up with....good luck either way..

I suggest selling them and step-up to leather shoes, ie: dress shoes, loafers, boots, etc... Buy some Ferragamo's, Paul Smith, John Varvatos, AllenEdmonds, etc... That way you can still enjoy buying/wearing your shoes and keep the hobby, somewhat, going.

had the same situtation, 300+ pairs DS, decided to sell 95% of them last year. I'm a grown-up professional too, mechanical engineer.

I say let them go, keep 10-15 pair that really mean something to you. I buy now but rarely, no doubles and I dont keep any of my shoes DS.

Back
Top Bottom