SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

You might be trolling but this is a good angle.

So for you, "I tip because I feel bad for the poor workers" approach, how do you respond to this?
Yeah I tip my barber, $10 sometimes $15 if I am in a good mood. I personally don't tip because I feel bad for the poor. I never had an electrician come to my house. Only had a plumber come to my house once to replace a toilet, he screwed up my grout with the blue dye you put in toilets so he certainly wasn't getting a tip. Never had a carpenter either, mechanic I take to a chain so if I did tip who would it go to everyone in the shop. Hell that means they could end up with a quarter each.

However why do I tip him originally back when I first started getting haircuts it was for the little things. Getting bumped up in line, the edge up with the straight razor, oil sheen. However as time went on, switched up barber and he takes appointments so I don't need to get bumped up in line. But since I gave a tip for so long I just kept on.

I wouldn't tip a janitor either this ain't my house, the building management can handle the tip. However I believe my wife does tip our housecleaning lady.

See?

This is the kind of society we live in.

You scumbags that are down with this and those that do are despicable.
no one is down with this. classic nt extreme
that type of **** is going to happen regardless of what we think

i don't tip in fear of my food being massacred. i tip cause even though i may have a problem with the system and how things work, i'm not taking it out on the server.
they got to eat too and a couple bucks is nothing to me for the person waiting on me. some of yall non-tippers are acting like not tipping is fighting the system or whatever but really you're just screwing over the server...which is fine but don't act like it's more than that.

that type of **** is going to happen regardless of what we think

i don't tip in fear of my food being massacred. i tip cause even though i may have a problem with the system and how things work, i'm not taking it out on the server.
they got to eat too and a couple bucks is nothing to me for the person waiting on me. some of yall non-tippers are acting like not tipping is fighting the system or whatever but really you're just screwing over the server...which is fine but don't act like it's more than that.
Exactly.
These dudes act like they out here fighting for some noble cause, when reality they are just screwing over a server whos prob just trying to get by like most americans.

Sure.

You sound wild naive to how many scumbags are out there.
Exactly.
These dudes act like they out here fighting for some noble cause, when reality they are just screwing over a server whos prob just trying to get by like most americans.
People who dont tip arent screwing over servers. Their employers are.

You guys have a legit warped reasoning when it comes to this.

Its like you're staring at a duck but swear it's a cat.

This show, so many AMAZING clips. I remember watching various clips all day at work. :smh:

He still going this ***hole. That's my money Paulie.

I swear I could find a Sopranos clip for almost anything :lol:

Top 3 show all time.

This show, so many AMAZING clips. I remember watching various clips all day at work. :smh:

He still going this ***hole. That's my money Paulie.
That scene had me dying
I swear if not for that falloff towards the end
Sopranos would be goat

Question...do a lot of yall look down on servers because you think they should be doing better job-wise? I mean, some of the rationale a few of you have behind not tipping is that their employers are the ones screwing them over :lol: Wouldn't that make you want to tip to help out just a tad, especially if the service was good?

Question...do a lot of yall look down on servers because you think they should be doing better job-wise? I mean, some of the rationale a few of you have behind not tipping is that their employers are the ones screwing them over :lol: Wouldn't that make you want to tip to help out just a tad, especially if the service was good?

That's one of the reasons I tip well. I've never served or tended bar nor do I think I'd have the patience to do so. I see these service industry people running around crazy and going out of their way to be polite despite being treated condescendingly. I have quiet a few disgruntled friends in the industry so that's always in the back of my mind when I tip at a bar or restaurant.

That being said, employers should compensate their servers better and it wouldn't be as big of controversy.

HELL no I don't look down on them, I was on that side of the table before. Even when I was working in my field. I had an early IT job where you were paid once a MONTH. I was like naw I need to keep my server job until I figure this pay out.

I remember working as a server in Australia and we were making around $20 an hour plus tips but the owner was mad because he had to pay us that amount so he took 70 percent of the tips for himself and the rest to divide among the staff of like 15...

In Australia the owner is allowed to take a certain amount something like 25 percent but where I was working at it was a city where the majority of the staff were working on student visas or work and travel. Most only worked for 3-6 months at a time and didn't really care too much. After I left my boy told me that the food department found out and was investigating him for stealing tips...Someone ratted him out and said he stole close to 300k in 2 years but they can't prove it because most of the tips were in cash with no record.

They understand
They just don’t wanna “lose” this argument

On the military bases they have grocery stores that are referred to as "the commissary "
There are "baggers " who work at "the commissary " who bag all of your groceries and then take them to your car and put them in your car.
They do not get paid an hourly wage.
The only payment they receive are tips.

Would you tip them

Back
Top Bottom