SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

So that's why I asked what are the qualifications of those that we should tip.

Do we only tip restaurant workers because they barely make anything?

If yes, why do we tip barbers and hair dressers?

I was being facetious when I said we should tip mechanics. But I also don't have a logical reason why we shouldn't/ don't other than how much they already make. (Which I'm not sure matters)

So backtrack to my initial question. What are the qualifications of those that we should tip?
For the same reason..... they rely on them too. I'm not an expert and I'm sure there are barbers on NT that can chime in but when I use to go to one the reason I tipped was
A. They charge the same no matter how busy they are and in some cases they are paying a fee to the owner of the shop to cut hair. On week days some barbers might only get a few clients. On weekends they could be slammed. The tip I think helps even the week out.
B. The relationship and to show the appreciation for their work. You can tell when a barber goes above and beyond or truly cares.

You asked about "qualifications" there isn't any because tipping is and has always been a personal choice. You can tip the mail man for delivering your mail if you want to. There are just industries where it has become customary, but again you can if you want. Your next question will probably be "why is it customary in those industries and not others?" I'll leave that for google to answer.

F0PdNtmXgAYRqkN.jpeg

Discuss

I am sorry but a straight 4% tip for "Health Insurance for Staff" is insane.

Like most inefficient systems, the problem with tipping is that it is already in place so shifting the paradigm would be difficult from a consumer perspective. Most folks say "Just pay your workers a fair wage instead of putting it on me." Okay, well what if you went to your favorite restaurants tomorrow, a week or a month from now and all of a sudden everything was 20-25% more expensive but tips were no longer an option. Sure, that is what you wanted and you said you were okay with it but the higher prices would give you hesitation and make you all of a sudden think it was overpriced.

It would almost need to be an industry-wide thing that happened at once to balance the scales across establishments but that would be near impossible.

forgot to post this a while back. place has an automatic 18% service fee that they say is not the tip (ayo?). employees suing for lost tips

18% service fee is crazy because you know that's going directly to the owners :lol:

I would never willingly visit an establishment that charges a service fee (unless it's for a large party, but typically that's just an automatic gratuity).

18% service fee is crazy because you know that's going directly to the owners :lol:

I would never willingly visit an establishment that charges a service fee (unless it's for a large party, but typically that's just an automatic gratuity).

This thread really makes me think I need to take a closer look at my receipts :lol:

Yesterday i was at the mosque for prayer and also they had 4th of july festivities
they had some food setups where ladies were selling burgers hot dogs and juices
i got a glizzy and juice and asked the price and she made a joke about tip, i was paying via venmo and i held my phone was like hey tip whatever you like and she was shocked :lol:
i ended up tipping her like 5 times the cost of the food, it might be sexist but i tip women more than men
men have it easier earning wise, plus women are wonderful

me and my lady actually had a reservation to go there, but once we saw all the yelp reviews were basically complaining about the mandatory 18% we canceled that **** asap. they even add the 18% on takeout which is wild disrespectful

me and my lady actually had a reservation to go there, but once we saw all the yelp reviews were basically complaining about the mandatory 18% we canceled that **** asap. they even add the 18% on takeout which is wild disrespectful
Wifey been trying to get me to go there, but I already told her we not tipping on top of the service charge.

So now she doesn't wanna go :lol:

BREHS. I was so quick to reply after seeing what was circled that I didn't even peep that they give you the option of notifying your server that you want to remove the 4% charge to provide them healthcare :wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah famb. That's too much. They gotta just put the charge on the bill and roll with it. Say it with your chest.

BREHS. I was so quick to reply after seeing what was circled that I didn't even peep that they give you the option of notifying your server that you want to remove the 4% charge to provide them healthcare :wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah famb. That's too much. They gotta just put the charge on the bill and roll with it. Say it with your chest.
Look the server dead in the eyes and say nah f your healthcare, take the 4% off

My friend was gm of a new place opening. She was discussing prices with the owners before they opened a few weeks later.

They wanted a service charge to go straight to the owners. She walked off the job.

Logically you should speak to the owner/manager and tell him you taking the receipt to the health insurance company he’s giving his staff. Watch the switch up when that meal you about to pay for becomes free.

Last edited:
Wifey been trying to get me to go there, but I already told her we not tipping on top of the service charge.

So now she doesn't wanna go :lol:

Man I want yall to go and NOT tip just to see what type of silly arguments they would even come at you with. :lol:

Man I want yall to go and NOT tip just to see what type of silly arguments they would even come at you with. :lol:
The Jon & Vinny's issue is a huge thing in the LA dining scene right now, so I'm sure a ton of people are going there and not tipping on top of the service charge.

If we do end up going, I might leave a 2% tip to make it an even 20 :lol:

the food is supposedly pretty good, but the service is also really bad according to reviews. probably cause the staff is tired of the owners pocketing that 20% :lol:

the food is supposedly pretty good, but the service is also really bad according to reviews. probably cause the staff is tired of the owners pocketing that 20% :lol:
The food there is not bad at all. The calamari was outstanding. The servers at the Fairfax location were very friendly the last time I went in ‘21.

But the part in the LA times article where one of the owners says to employees during a meeting that “Technically $15 is living wage in Los Angeles” was completely bogus and I can’t eat there and support that man’s business ever again. Some people also don’t realize that the 18% fee that they charge also applies to takeout orders which is insane.

You’re eating out of a trash cans and relying on the showers at Planet Fitness if you make $15 an hour in Los Angeles.

That’s greed on the owner’s part and I hope they go belly up as more and more people become aware of the lawsuit.

Back
Top Bottom