SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

They need to just ban tipping altogether and give them a set decent hourly wage.

As much as servers complain about poor tippers though, they wouldn't be on board with that though because they know they're doing good getting tips and that for every naughtyhare it's 5 people tipping 20% or more regardless of service just off social norms.
this!

People don't include tips when they file their taxes right?
supposed to. Most dont though.

I wouod think servers would be more likely to than, say, a barber/hair stylist who gets a commision too. If servers didnt claim them then their tax return would show them making some crazy low amount since majority of earnings is tips.

776D4697-5642-4F52-B1C1-E518BE2044CE.png

"Today, a new study is stirring the pot by arguing Millennials are the worst tippers. But they have reason, it turns out. According to CreditCards.com, which ran the survey, Millennials reported on their own tipping behavior and they do not, as a cohort, look great:

Ten percent of Americans ages 18 to 37 say they routinely leave no tip. Nearly one in three leaves less than a 15 percent tip at restaurants… When presented with a variety of suggested tipping options…about one in six millennials say they regularly choose the lowest option, and nearly one in five gives no tip – the highest figures of any age group

Millennials also think tipping should be done away with and the cost of labor just worked into the price of services. And despite the headline, the site goes on to note that nuance emerges from the data. Namely, people with more money are more likely to tip, and because Millennials are flat broke, they simply can’t afford a better tip, or in some cases a tip at all. Which isn’t great, but which is probably better than getting a political polemic with your tips. We’d also like to note that this is a self-report survey, and while older participants claimed they tip more… well, let’s just say there’s anecdotal data that hints otherwise.

At its root, tipping is always going to be controversial because it offers the customer a degree of control that the service worker ultimately just has to put up with (which includes sexual harassment, racism, and general grossness). If millennials would rather service workers get paid properly and not have to worry about their income for the day getting trashed by some jerk’s antics, it’s hard to fault them — but until the system changes, they may have to skip going out unless they can afford to leave a tip.

(via CreditCards.com)

I despise the places where you pay at the counter when you order and they have the nerve to ask for a tip.

I drive for uber and in certain situations I definitely feel like a tip is warranted. I've also served before and you def give people the side eye when they stiff you and you know your service was good.

Everybody just wants money, point blank.

I don’t know, I don’t really mess with $5 guys. Dudes that even waste their time thinking about chump change are stingy and I don’t trust em/do business with em. With that said I’ll leave whatever singles I got or a $5/10 as a tip, only time I won’t is if it’s some horrible service

A tip should strictly be based according to the quality of service you receive.

No way in hell should you feel pressured to reward mediocrity due to “social norms”

If the service is good and the server did a good job, a tip is warranted, but I’m not going to vilify someone if they don’t.

For as much as servers complain about the rare bad tippers, it’s occasions where they got tipped despite not bringing their A game to the guests they served as well.

Tip 20%. More so fall into societal norms as well.

If I'm penny pinching or on my last dollar, I might not tip depending if I muster up the courage not to lol.

Back
Top Bottom