SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I still can't figure that out...what am I paying an 18% service fee for if I am ordering takeout? And to be clear, that is not even delivery right? You are still walking/driving to the establishment and picking it up? Either way is flagrant but if you are picking it up that is really egregious.

Man tipping culture is outta control here in DC. I’m no longer just following suit and automatically paying 18-20%. We broke just like y’all. It’s time to change the whole “that’s just how the restaurant industry is” narrative. I came here to eat and drink not pay your employees while you just line your pockets more.

Last edited:
Man tipping culture is outta control here in DC. I’m no longer just following suit and automatically paying 18-20%. We broke just like y’all. It’s time to change the whole “that’s just how the restaurant industry is” narrative. I came here to eat and drink now pay your employees while you just line your pockets more.

We gotta make sure the NT DMV Summit is somewhere you have never been otherwise they are going to recognize you and give us poor service :smh: :lol:

Man tipping culture is outta control here in DC. I’m no longer just following suit and automatically paying 18-20%. We broke just like y’all. It’s time to change the whole “that’s just how the restaurant industry is” narrative. I came here to eat and drink now pay your employees while you just line your pockets more.
I'm heading to DC soon to visit and the places I'm looking up to eat seem to have 20% gratuity while expecting a tip on top of that from what the reviews I've read say

I'm heading to DC soon to visit and the places I'm looking up to eat seem to have 20% gratuity while expecting a tip on top of that from what the reviews I've read say
1688698605238.gif

1. Dirty Habit is legit. It’s near the Capitol so I’ve been there a bunch of times for drinks/happy hour and dinner. Not sure where you are staying but I would recommend it.

2. This is why I said I need to check receipts. They charge a 20% service fee before the tip :wow: :wow: No wonder I have always thought it was really pricey :lol: Damb.

Seems like there is a bulletin out to service providers that I’ve been making a conscious effort to be more grateful because I’ve been had two scenarios that made me :smh: over the last two weeks

So I was/am in the market for a new tailor. I got a recommendation, did some research and pick out a black owned business thinking I’m doing a good thing. Go in, chop it up (young guy), get my pins put in, he seemed cool. So I didn’t know anything about pricing going in and it wasn’t discussed (Not like it would have changed my decision to go with him for this stuff anyway). So he has one of those iPad things and we’re talking about pickup date while I’m paying…after it shows me total, it asks if I want to tip…AND HE HADNT EEM PERFORMED THE TAILORING YET :wow: :smh:

I didn’t know what to do because I thought “Well if I don’t tip him, he might half *** it. But if I do tip, him this will set a precedent” I ended up hitting either 15, 20 or 25 PERCENT. I don’t remember. But I do remember feeling violated |l

Then today I went to the train station and noticed the shoe shine guy was free and I had time to burn. So he does his thing and says $10. I only had $20s and higher so I asked him for a $5 back. He goes “You’re my first customer of the day. Goes into his wallet and then says “I only have a $10”. I just told him to keep it. It was literally all or nothing so I charged it to the game |l

Tip Culture has taken itself to new levels :lol:

Seems like there is a bulletin out to service providers that I’ve been making a conscious effort to be more grateful because I’ve been had two scenarios that made me :smh: over the last two weeks

So I was/am in the market for a new tailor. I got a recommendation, did some research and pick out a black owned business thinking I’m doing a good thing. Go in, chop it up (young guy), get my pins put in, he seemed cool. So I didn’t know anything about pricing going in and it wasn’t discussed (Not like it would have changed my decision to go with him for this stuff anyway). So he has one of those iPad things and we’re talking about pickup date while I’m paying…after it shows me total, it asks if I want to tip…AND HE HADNT EEM PERFORMED THE TAILORING YET :wow: :smh:

I didn’t know what to do because I thought “Well if I don’t tip him, he might half *** it. But if I do tip, him this will set a precedent” I ended up hitting either 15, 20 or 25 PERCENT. I don’t remember. But I do remember feeling violated |l

Then today I went to the train station and noticed the shoe shine guy was free and I had time to burn. So he does his thing and says $10. I only had $20s and higher so I asked him for a $5 back. He goes “You’re my first customer of the day. Goes into his wallet and then says “I only have a $10”. I just told him to keep it. It was literally all or nothing so I charged it to the game |l

Nah I don't tip my tailor. Been going to the same guy for like 2 years now and before that another guy for like 10. They tell you the price and you pay it. No screens over here, they still using pen and paper to track customers

Lol shoeshine guy finessed you. Used to do that back in the day when I worked service jobs.

I'm fortunate to have a homie that is a tailor. It's a fight to pay this guy, never wants to charge me. I just end up bringing him some trees as a thank you.

Nah I don't tip my tailor. Been going to the same guy for like 2 years now and before that another guy for like 10. They tell you the price and you pay it. No screens over here, they still using pen and paper to track customers

Lol shoeshine guy finessed you. Used to do that back in the day when I worked service jobs.

I'm fortunate to have a homie that is a tailor. It's a fight to pay this guy, never wants to charge me. I just end up bringing him some trees as a thank you.

The tailor tip is definitely new for me. As I said before, I would tip those types of service workers who I consistently go to at the end of the year. On demand (via screen) BEFORE the work is done is wild to me. Definitely going to come in with a sharper eye because of it.

You might be right about the shoe shine guy ahat ahat :lol: I don’t mind if that’s what it is but that’s a bit of a risk on his part because I could have just taken the $10. I guess I just got that “look” about me :ohwell:

I hate how they swing it around to you and tell tou “its going to ask you a question[\]” like they dont know exactly what the question is. And lately I’ve seen some where 0% isnt even an option, you gotta click other or custom and go to a whole nother page to enter it

I hate how they swing it around to you and tell tou “its going to ask you a question[\]” like they dont know exactly what the question is. And lately I’ve seen some where 0% isnt even an option, you gotta click other or custom and go to a whole nother page to enter it
They don’t even default to standard tips on the screen.

Like I’m used to seeing 15% - 18% - 20% and hitting the middle without second guessing. I’ve gone to places where itll be 22% - 24% - 20% and they already included auto gratuity. Like, y’all ****** are smoking penises.

I tip a little on the touchscreens just to be in good graces of the person who is handling my food. But I don't understand the grocery stores asking for donation when you pay.

They don’t even default to standard tips on the screen.

Like I’m used to seeing 15% - 18% - 20% and hitting the middle without second guessing. I’ve gone to places where itll be 22% - 24% - 20% and they already included auto gratuity. Like, y’all ****** are smoking penises.

Went back to that new tailor with the iPad payment who I tipped at drop-off :smh: He didn’t have one suit ready but he did a good job overall. I had additional stuff to drop off and had to deal with the payment thing again. I overall was there for an hour and saw he hired a new person for staff and he was hustling all over the place so I get the long wait time - both in the time to get garments back (4 weeks for that set and 3 weeks for the new ons) and get sized/the pins put in for the new stuff when I was there today.

I am pretty sure the options were like 15-20-25 or 18-20-24 (all percents). I was in a good mood so I went with 20%. Very smart move on his behalf to have that in there. Well played

I tip a little on the touchscreens just to be in good graces of the person who is handling my food. But I don't understand the grocery stores asking for donation when you pay.

I think it's rare that the person that turns the screen is the one that is actually preparing the food.

I think it's rare that the person that turns the screen is the one that is actually preparing the food.
often times it is the person who puts the utensils, napkins, condiments in the bag. If if makes the person a bit happier then maybe I'll get a little more. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t worry about this. I leave the burden who gets the tip to the employer and hope they are making the right decisions and investments. I did my part as a grateful patron and if my money isn’t making it to them then that is on the establishment, not me.

Back
Top Bottom