So i got dirt on my Air Max 90 infared's. How do I clean them?

So I got some dirt on my Air max 90's and i need to get it off. Will some detergent and a toothbrush do the job???

Yea, detergant and a toothbrush will do the trick. If you want to really deep clean them, toss them in a pillow case and throw them in the washer. I'vewashed mine over 10 times and mine still looks brand new.

I have a pair of Limes that I've washed in the washing machine probably 5 times. Still look brand new. I also have a pair of the HOA Infras that I'vewashed probably 10 times. Again, still look brand new.

Take out the insoles and laces and throw them all in the washer. It really works. And add some Oxi-Clean to get that mesh icy white again.

I put mine in a pillow case and washed them with Oxy clean and they came out AMAZING!! Wish I wouldve took before and after pics.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I have a pair of Limes that I've washed in the washing machine probably 5 times. Still look brand new. I also have a pair of the HOA Infras that I've washed probably 10 times. Again, still look brand new.

Take out the insoles and laces and throw them all in the washer. It really works. And add some Oxi-Clean to get that mesh icy white again.
Agreed!!!

With 13,153 posts on NT one would figure you would know about the sneaker care/maintenance thread.

yeah i did the pillowcase trick on my airmax light's and it worked well, stupid me though i used a blue pillowcase and got some color run. scrubbed it outquick though and they look clean considering i wear them to the bar a lot.

Originally Posted by s dubl

throw em in the washing machine inside of a pillow case.
first time I heard that
pimp.gif

Thanks guys! I managed to clean the dirt off the suede, but the mesh still has some dirt spots on em. I tried using tide 2x concentrated on the mesh, buttheres still spots. I guess I'll use the pillow trick on em.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Yea, detergant and a toothbrush will do the trick. If you want to really deep clean them, toss them in a pillow case and throw them in the washer. I've washed mine over 10 times and mine still looks brand new.

Does this only work with AM90s or can it be used with other shoes?

just a random question...

i've been reading about shoes being thrown in the washing machine, but i've never tried it out myself. i was wondering if this will affect the leatherand/or suede in any way? personally, i've never thrown a pair of shoes into the washing machine. does this only work for airmax, or say if i were to throwmy dirty af1 white/white, will it work in the same way?

does this work for any shoe?

do you put the oxyclean in the pillowcase with the shoes or outside of it in the water?

thanx.

Back
Top Bottom