So, I just finished watching Cabin in the Woods... *late pass*

RedBoxxed it, and I am still in :wow: Absolutely brilliant movie. In fact, I am so impressed with this movie, that I don't even know how else to describe it other than I highly, highly recommend it for people who have not seen it. Just make sure you watch it with absolutely no clue what to expect. The way I see it, the more curious you are and the less you know, the most impressed you will be with this movie. If you must know why I am so impressed and don't mind being spoiled:
The trailer for the movie makes it seem like it's some stereotypical horror movie, but there's more to it than that. I put in the movie and expected to see a Cabin Fever type movie, but man was I wrong. It ended up being like Cabin Fever combined with 28 Days Later combined with Scary Movie. You would have the stereotypcial horror movie feel and music, then out of nowhere you would see a bunch of scientists watching all of this from a lab and controlling the entire thing, and laughing about it... Even making bets. Then it'll jump right back into the horror movie, and the funny part is, it will still feel like a horror movie, even with the scientists watching. Plus, you would get random references and cameos from The Grudge, The Strangers, The Shining, It, etc. It's not like Scary Movie where it's all just a giant parody. No, they were trying to combine a parody with a real horror movie while retaining an actual plot. I think the best part for me is that the trailer made me think I was gonna be watching Cabin Fever, but ended up feeling like I just finished watching Scary Movie.

Last edited:
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Not sure if serious......the movie was so garbage i even made a post about how trash this movie is on FB on fri and it got multiple likes..this movie tops Bad Santa as the dumbest F$%^$% movie of all time..i didnt even wait til the next day to take the movie back to Redbox..it went back instantly..

I liked the concept of the movie, but I feel like it had more potential and wasn't executed well. The writers seemed to get lazy towards the end.

Yea movie was hot boo boo, I was soo amped to because the hype was real heavy.

Great movie! I need to watch it again here soon, I could use a good laugh.

Also, take NT movie opinions with a shot of rubbing alcohol.

yea i watched it on the net, i liked it quite a bit. had no idea where it was going at certain parts. ending was kinda a reach, but was all good.

how the **** you gon kill Thor though??? fake.

The idea of this movie was brilliant. The acting and setup was atrocious.

If they could have had better acting and improved the climax of the movie, this could have been a all-time top horror film.

The part where the monsters attack the facility & the gods needing the ritual to keep the world safe was a dope twist.

If I ever become a film directer/producer, I'm remaking this film years from now and doing it justice.

P.S. you guys do know that Marty was the virgin and the chick was the fool right? :nerd:

If they could have had better acting and improved the climax of the movie, this could have been a all-time top horror film.

The part where the monsters attack the facility & the gods needing the ritual to keep the world safe was a dope twist.

If I ever become a film directer/producer, I'm remaking this film years from now and doing it justice.

P.S. you guys do know that Marty was the virgin and the chick was the fool right?
nerd.gif
How so?  From what I got when Dana questions why she was considered the virgin, Sigourney Weaver says "We work with what we got"

don't think they either of them was an actual virgin.  None of them were actually what they were supposed to be, they had all been

intoxicated by the gas they were pumping in to act according to their stereotypes, except the supposed fool who was immune

Last edited:
yea i watched it on the net, i liked it quite a bit. had no idea where it was going at certain parts. ending was kinda a reach, but was all good.
how the **** you gon kill Thor though??? fake.

You do know the movie was made in 2009, right?

The part where the monsters attack the facility
How so?  From what I got when Dana questions why she was considered the virgin, Sigourney Weaver says "We work with what we got"
don't think they either of them was an actual virgin.  None of them were actually what they were supposed to be, they had all been
intoxicated by the gas they were pumping in to act according to their stereotypes, except the supposed fool who was immune

Got this from another site:

The ***** is in a committed, loving, monogamous relationship. Given that they are willing to "work with what we have", she should have been The Virgin.

The Scholar catches a football that unexpectedly comes out of nowhere while crossing the street. He should have been The Athlete.

The Athlete accidentally throws a football out an open window indicating a lack of athletic prowess and immediately afterward demonstrates a thorough knowledge of advanced textbooks on the college curriculum. He also enjoys the benefits of a full academic scholarship. He should have been The Scholar.

The Virgin has just come out of a sexual relationship with one of her teachers. Scandalous and often against the rules. She should have been The *****.

The Fool or Reveler is actually very intelligent, witty, calm, and focused throughout the entire ordeal. He has no business as a sacrifice at all.

They could save a lot of trouble and uncertainty with all these airborne chemical behavioral modifiers if they'd just let the kids stick to their natural tendencies.

sick.gif
sick.gif
 Not sure if serious......the movie was so garbage i even made a post about how trash this movie is on FB on fri and it got multiple likes..this movie tops Bad Santa as the dumbest F$%^$% movie of all time..i didnt even wait til the next day to take the movie back to Redbox..it went back instantly..
Just so you know, a few people giving you likes doesn't mean you're right. Also.. Bad Santa was a good movie.

Back
Top Bottom