So I just saw 500 Days of Summer and...................

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I disagree.

She told dude from jump what the deal was.
She was the female version of guess what....... A MALE.

so if you think summer's a
censoredua3.gif
, wait till you hear about half of the male population..
I'ma say a male jerk cause not all males are like that (to be fair to the decent men out there) but I agree with this.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

hmmm my bf and i are going through problems.. so we SHOULDNT watch this movie together ? lol . i already made him hate women :/
Your boyfriend lost when he decided to stick around even after the @%%%*@%% you put him through while you made up your mind between him and some other dude.
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Some dudes these days are pathetic. Btw, I agree with you Diego.[/color]

I don't see how all you dudes are having problems in your relationships...

You gotta keep ya B in check.

i was going through a similar situation when i went to watch this movie.
frown.gif
my girl swore she wouldn't end up like summer but she did just that in the end. this movie disgusts me.

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Maan...To be honest, I'll tell a jumpoff what it is first quarter. But when it comes to wifey, you gotta play that role sometimes.

Great Movie, gave me a different outlook on relationships and what not. but like someone said earlier, summer def should have told tom about her fiance. but at the same time tom should not have automatically assumed she wanted him like that after the wedding.

but Autumn is straight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Maan...To be honest, I'll tell a jumpoff what it is first quarter. But when it comes to wifey, you gotta play that role sometimes.
Wooooord... I was talkin to this married chick awhile ago.

She slid me the #, we got a hotel.. I smashed.. and the B had the AUDACITY to say 'you not staying the night with me?'

I hit her with the
laugh.gif
.. got my keys and dipped on her %%*.

I feel what you saying about wifey tho, that's a completely different situation, you actually have to care about her feelings.
embarassed.gif

Ive had this one for awhile now but i have yet to watch it. I gotta try an find the time this weekend or something.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

If you haven't learned not to trust women yet, then I don't know what to tell you.
laugh.gif

I just "got" this movie. Will probably watch it this weekend while snowed in.

yall dont understand

i take summers side on this one - she broke up with dude cuz he wasnt "the one" for her, she just had this feeling that there was something missing and she wasnt sure he was "the one"..

thats why she was cryin during the wedding scene when they went to the movies, it was killing her inside that no matter how much she wanted him to be the one, there was just something missing...

i could relate in terms of my current 3 year gf

Originally Posted by ConcordFlightXI

yall dont understand

i take summers side on this one - she broke up with dude cuz he wasnt "the one" for her, she just had this feeling that there was something missing and she wasnt sure he was "the one"..

thats why she was cryin during the wedding scene when they went to the movies, it was killing her inside that no matter how much she wanted him to be the one, there was just something missing...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just finished watching this, anyway, those feelings were obviously there from the jump, she should've told him earlier (that he wasn't the right one). Secondly, I dealt with a broad like that not too long ago, glad I changed certain things about myself with women in general. And btw, Autumn is bad as hell [/color]
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

autumn > summer

i wonder how many fake smiths fans this movie spawned though
indifferent.gif
The hell out of here with that elitist bull
laugh.gif
Like it really matters how/when a fan discovers a band. You must feel salty as hell after every indie flick.

yall dont understand

that's cool and all but she led him on during the entire first half of the movie. she knew how he felt and if she really felt like she didn't wanna get involved, she shouldn't have gotten involved to begin with. but instead she did, knowing he felt that strongly about her, and continued to lead him on only to just crush his emotions in the end.

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

yall dont understand

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just finished watching this, anyway, those feelings were obviously there from the jump, she should've told him earlier (that he wasn't the right one). [/color]
How do you know somebody isn't for you though until you try it out and see if they are a good fit for you or not? It sucks to be the person thinking this is working when it isn't for the other person but like I think Summer tried to tell him with the "we don't really need labels do we? You cares what everybody else thinks." That should have been a sure tell sign to dude when in his mind he was like ready to marry her. Sucks but there were signs and it seems like she did enjoy his company.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

yall dont understand

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just finished watching this, anyway, those feelings were obviously there from the jump, she should've told him earlier (that he wasn't the right one). [/color]
How do you know somebody isn't for you though until you try it out and see if they are a good fit for you or not? It sucks to be the person thinking this is working when it isn't for the other person but like I think Summer tried to tell him with the "we don't really need labels do we? You cares what everybody else thinks." That should have been a sure tell sign to dude when in his mind he was like ready to marry her. Sucks but there were signs and it seems like she did enjoy his company.
ohwell.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I hear what you're saying, but she prolonged the situation with him and her.. and on top of that, to not even mention the dude she was gonna marry? [/color]
smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] 
At the same time, Tom should've peeped game (as you stated with the whole labels thing), kept smashing and take it for what it was. I'm pretty sure she knew she was in the position of power though, dude was into her HEAVILY and females tend to know this. Should've just squashed it right there instead of, like McFlyy said, crushing his emotions.[/color]
tired.gif

Man I havent seen this movie but I had high expectations for this movie. After seeing Manic with Joseph and Zooey together I knew this would have to be an outstanding movie cus Manic was easily 3 stars if not more and this would be their 2nd or 3rd movie together. Im sort of afraid to watch 500 days of summer cus I had high expectations and it seems like it wont be met. Flakes was still good imo and I love her regardless lol...

I definitely felt like Summer led dude on and gave him false hope, maybe not while they were together but definitely after they had broken up. Flirting with him at the wedding and then inviting him to her party she was definitely playing with his emotions. I agree she was honest with him from the start about how she felt about relationships in general but she should of ended their relationship immediately when she saw he obviously wanted more than something casual instead of making him think there was potential for them as a serious couple.

For everyone who hates Summer and how she lead Tom on, how many of you are guilty of doing the same thing with women in your life? You know they have feelings for you, but you lead them on just to have sex?

that's cool and all but she led him on duringthe entire first half of the movie. she knew how he felt and if shereally felt like she didn't wanna get involved, she shouldn't havegotten involved to begin with. but instead she did, knowing he feltthat strongly about her, and continued to lead him on only to justcrush his emotions in the end.

ohwell.gif
No denying what she did was grimy !+$*#. I mean someones ego can be boosted and can play a big part when somebody is feeling you or when you think somebody is feeling you. The ego can even can even lead one to the potential place where they are with somebody in the situation like "how how the hell did I get here? I don't want to hurt this person butttttt...I'm not feeling them." Both men and women subscribe that way of thinking when they lead somebody on (even when they don't mean to) which is messed up and they aren't serious BUT they like the attention or the sex...ect. It ain't right but it's real and an uncomfortable reality when it happens.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ihear what you're saying, but she prolonged the situation with him andher.. and on top of that, to not even mention the dude she was gonnamarry? [/color]
smh.gif

I thought that in particular was downright shameful.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom