So... If I'm not attracted to Black women because of their skin color...Am I racist?

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Well why are you asking if its racist or not if your already confident in yourself that the decision is not?
Are you really unsure or something?

I wanted other people's views on this....as you and I can see...most people here don't think it's racist...

and chi ILL....if I'm a racist for not liking dark-skinned black women....aren't you racist as well for not liking dark-skinned black men?

That's an inferiority complex ... that's what people that talk about the "Black Complex" talk about most ...

Saying that lighter skin is more attractive is prejudiced
What is this "Black Complex" that you speak of? There is NOTHING on Google about it.

How is saying that lighter skin is more attractive... prejudiced? it's the same thing as saying straight hair is more attractive than curly hair.

brooks2_restrict_height_540.jpg

I don't find her skin color attractive...but once again....in general..I don't find a black woman's skin color attractive...

and megan fox with the skin color of a black woman...would not be as attractive...

I dont look at that as being racist at all, he just doesnt prefer dark skinned women. I have alot of homies that prefer dark-skinned women over light skinnedwomen and vice versa so to each its own.
Personally though ive always had a weakness for light-skinned females however i still have love for my dark-skinned women. I remember when i was younger and iwas letting every dark skin chick pass me by and then i saw Foxy on
TV and was like, "Damn she nice!!

I appreciate all skin colors, i went out with this Hispanic chick and she told me straight up that she prefers darker men and that she just cant get with lightskinned guys or white guys period!
Soooo... with that being said it goes both way, people prefer different things. Hey, we cant all be the same right?

I remember when i was younger and i used to always want to be a light-skinned guy because it seemed as if they got more love. Now, i am extremely happy withbeing darker.

I don't find her skin color attractive...but once again....in general..I don't find a black woman's skin color attractive.

So you don't find Black women attractive basically ?

Because there's a difference between saying you don't find Dark-skinned women attractive & saying you don't find Black women attractive .

Set me straight ... because I don't get what you're saying .

& if he's saying what I think he's saying ... the argument about dark-colored skin needs to stop .

He doesn't think any woman of the African descent is attractive ... including light-skinned women .

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

brooks2_restrict_height_540.jpg
this woman is light-skinned... not dark skinned in the least

but what it hink is going on here is that he's definitely not racist... you cant really help what you're attracted to & what you're notattracted to...

i just think the man doesnt particularly like black girls... there really is nothing wrong with that... he just doesnt seem to find them attractive...

that just means there's more for the rest of us...

But you should definitely check out the Black/Latina thread... just see if you find some of them attractive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by BTonNT

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by BTonNT

the fact that the question is even raised and we all attempt to address it with our own personal sentiments and judgements of "race" speaks more to the conditioning and programming we've come to accept as reality.

Interesting.

The fact is that today, many people run scared when it comes to being called racist because race-baiters - those who are actually keeping racism alive - are looking for any opportunity they can to throw the word around to destroy people.

Racism is out there, sure, but not on the mass scale that people who play the race card would like you to believe. Most people are just trying to live their life.

superfluous.
+ seems partial to the same line of thought imo. "race card", "race-baiters"? -needlessly provocative terms.
seems you got what I said (perhaps) while at the same time, missed it completely. maybe intentionally?

quite honestly, I see a lot of presumption in much of your beliefs.

What presumption?

Let me simplify the concept:

There are people in the US, and throughout the world, who don't look at people as human beings, but as skin colors and races.

If someone says or does anything that even remotely touches upon the subject of race that they don't like, these people call them racist.

Look at the election of Obama - if you don't think a sizeable number of white people voted for him out of fear of being thought of as racist amongst theirpeers, you didn't pay attention.

And the terms "race-baiter" and "race card" are entirely valid, accurate, and applicable in the context of discussing the existence ofmodern racism.

There is a gulf between what real racism is and what most people today think it is. That's why you hear the word racism being used so often. It's being used moreso now to slander someone rather than to rightly assess a situation. And its over-usage denigrates those instances of real racism;instances that require clear-headed fairness and objectivity.

Perhaps you should explain what you mean by conditioning and programming. I'm seeing younger generations being taught that it's okay to evaluateanother human being based only on their skin color, and that if two people of different colors disagree, it must be because they do so because of eachother's color/race.

There's a movement to accept racism as normal and it's disgusting.

Yeah alek wek is what I think of when I think of dark skin. Not kneesh's complexion. But as far as her being beautiful.....not to me IMO. But is not b/c ofher skin.

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

i think its just a preference. i do find some dark skinned woman very pretty but i think if they were light skinned i would be more attracted to them. light skinned just looks more feminine to me.

same way how light skinned dudes get hounded on looking too soft
Now thats racist. Feminity = being lighter skinned = whiteness.

Well, if you think Halle Berry isn't attractive to you, you sir are racist.
But if you think Ciara isn't attractive, your racist and against transgenders.
There's so many things wrong with you.

- Obviously I'm kidding, there must be a dark skinned woman out there YOU
ARE ATTRACTED TO.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I don't find her skin color attractive...but once again....in general..I don't find a black woman's skin color attractive.

So you don't find Black women attractive basically ?

Because there's a difference between saying you don't find Dark-skinned women attractive & saying you don't find Black women attractive .

Set me straight ... because I don't get what you're saying .

& if he's saying what I think he's saying ... the argument about dark-colored skin needs to stop .

He doesn't think any woman of the African descent is attractive ... including light-skinned women .

I should have been more clear.....

light-skinned black woman = ok

medium to dark-skinned black woman = unattractive

dark-skinned woman = unattractive

I am attracted to Tyra banks though...

and once again...

and chi ILL....if I'm a racist for not liking dark-skinned black women....aren't you racist as well for not liking dark-skinned black men?

Your First statement:
I just don't find dark-skinned women attractive. It's not that they're inferior to other races...but it's something like how some men like big boobs or big butts...It's a physical feature that I'm just not attracted to.
Your second statement:
Based on your character, your confused as hell. You don't like black women.

I'm going just say this and go back studying.

Character over (>) RACE & Color complexion. End of story goodnight.

so you are attracted to african american women just not the dark ones? oh ok gotcha that's not racism just discrimination

the real question is...why do you feel compelled to tell everyone about your personal preferences?

but regardless of whatever reason, you're making a discussion thread focusing on a physical value you find unattractive....one that other human beings whofall under the criteria of have no control over.

we could do that about any type of physical trait..."I dont like women over 120 lbs....under 100 lbs...." "I think people under 5 feet tall arephysically sub-standard" "I find this or that trait unattractive => lower in quality"....the fact is you are making a completely superficialjudgement and whether this is your personal right or not (I believe it is) why do you feel the need to broadcast it as if everyone else should care? as if yourpersonal assessment of others' outward appearance is of some great value?

to put it quite bluntly,

get over yourself.

you can have your set of attractions without having to advertise it to everyone, can't you? I mean at least short of the point where you are basicallyplacing a superficial, qualifying judgement over an entire category of people? how do you think you make "darker" women feel when you basically tellthem that they arent attractive enough for you...?

or does that matter?
ohwell.gif

anyhow, Im out of this thread...reading some of the responses makes me kinda
sick.gif

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

so you are attracted to african american women just not the dark ones? oh ok gotcha that's not racism just discrimination

how is that discrimination? if he was a black guy talking about white girls it wouldn't be discrimination or racist to most of you...

BTonNT wrote:
the real question is...why do you feel compelled to tell everyone about your personal preferences?

but regardless of whatever reason, you're making a discussion thread focusing on a physical value you find unattractive....one that other human beings who fall under the criteria of have no control over.

we could do that about any type of physical trait..."I dont like women over 120 lbs....under 100 lbs...." "I think people under 5 feet tall are physically sub-standard" "I find this or that trait unattractive => lower in quality"....the fact is you are making a completely superficial judgement and whether this is your personal right or not (I believe it is) why do you feel the need to broadcast it as if everyone else should care? as if your personal assessment of others' outward appearance is of some great value?

to put it quite bluntly,

get over yourself.

you can have your set of attractions without having to advertise it to everyone, can't you? I mean at least short of the point where you are basically placing a superficial, qualifying judgement over an entire category of people? how do you think you make "darker" women feel when you basically tell them that they arent attractive enough for you...?

or does that matter?
ohwell.gif

anyhow, Im out of this thread...reading some of the responses makes me kinda
sick.gif

you wrote nothing of significance...

I just guess our perception of "dark" is different.

To me, a Black woman is already dark-skinned. (unless she's obviously light-skinned)

Alex Wek is an even DARKER-skinned black woman.

Is this not a clear contradiction? You can't say you find medium to dark-skin women unattractive and then say I'm attracted to Tyra Banksthough. If there's one exception there's a good chance there can be more exceptions.
I figured it'd get to light skin, fair skin, and dark skin eventually. Shorty in that pic is not light skin. Maybe you fooled by the make upon her face. Shorty is as brown as me. Light skin chicks are light skinned aka red/yellow bones, them chicks with the freckles n shh.

There's a lot of ppl who don't got the same color complexion scale in this thread. One chick is dark skin to one dude when in fact she's brownskin
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

end of the day yall all shallow with these color complexes and its really just an image that has been ingrained in our heads over a long period of time.

Originally Posted by Jack Daniels

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i dont like dark skinned women either ... just dont find them as attractive as lighter females
I feel you 100%. Like a white girl that is a 10 compared to other white girls, would still be like only an 8 compared to a sista that is a 10.
...says your super duper dark a**...you want to be white so bad don't you?
White dude in the avy and everything.
laugh.gif
Did your remedial !$$ even read what I wrote?
And how the hell you know I'm super dark? You never even seen me before doggie

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Is this not a clear contradiction? You can't say you find medium to dark-skin women unattractive and then say I'm attracted to Tyra Banks though. If there's one exception there's a good chance there can be more exceptions.
I figured it'd get to light skin, fair skin, and dark skin eventually. Shorty in that pic is not light skin. Maybe you fooled by the make up on her face. Shorty is as brown as me. Light skin chicks are light skinned aka red/yellow bones, them chicks with the freckles n shh.

There's a lot of ppl who don't got the same color complexion scale in this thread. One chick is dark skin to one dude when in fact she's brown skin
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

nah... she look real light skinned in that pic... and he chose that pic of her for a reason... that is what he considers dark skinned...

not to mention that's the real issue in this thread... everybody has different color scales... so nobody is really going to understand his idea of darkbesides him

I don't believe it's racist. and I also don't believe NT is the best place to come for mature discussions on race. just like asking for real adviseabout girl troubles on here, asking about race is fanning a fire that never stops burning.
but in all seriousness, OP I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find one black woman who is attractive. I mean, a beautiful girl is a beautiful girland they come in all shapes, colors, and sizes.
and for people to say dark skinned chicks are the best or white chicks are the best may be their opinion, but that is all it is. besides, they are all pink onthe inside

Back
Top Bottom