So if Jordans were cheap.......

yep abernja u said it you will see everyone in the world wearing that same shoe ill be like what tha fu**

Originally Posted by dejahnw

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by veGAtts

Originally Posted by abernja

99% of everyone here wouldn't.

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car that everybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Just another car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy. Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made they are now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

I know I've said a bunch of random stuff that prob doesn't make sense. Been a long day and I'm tired.
Most everybody else is in denial.

If Jordans had never been expensive and thus "hard to get" this whole board would be different, probably wouldn't exist at all.

You can pretend you are above it all, and you just love Jordan the person or the shoe designs and the price and exclusivity does not affect you, but you are wrong. When Jordans started coming up as a sneak phenomenon their price point was a huge deal. These were sneakers that really cost twice as much as other sneakers. There is no way they were actually worth twice as much, they were just marked at that price because they were marketed and Jordan was popular enough to get away with it. But that price also made them more special. People always want what they cant have.

This is the same principle Nike and JB have been using for years with limited releases. The more limited something is the more people will want it. Sure supply and demand are at work, but the less supply there is of something, the stronger the demand becomes compared to what it would have been if it were easy to get. This is true for pretty much everything in life, not just shoes, don't feel bad because you have been manipulated, it's just human nature.

A lot of these current shoe collectors were born into a world where Jordan shoes already had a mystique, a reputation about them that made them special. A lot of that comes from the fact that they are expensive, they are "cool" because they are hard to get. It is just like the Porche example, you can say that you love the design and quality of a Porche, and maybe you do. But guess what, most people don't know that much about cars, but they still know that a Porche is special and "cool" and more of that is based on the fact that they are expensive and hard to get than any other factor. Don't kid yourself.
i told yall i wasnt gonna lie
laugh.gif

its the truth tho...

lol seriously if jordans were cheap i will not buy as many. maybe a few but i am 100% not as many lol... Its like expensive limited things catch my attention.

if they were cheap we wouldn't accord them that much importance.... its like you never see any hype on simple white adidas coz you can get em anytime uwant....
Marbury tried it, and around my way i only c homeless peeps wearing em (just being foreal) i guess marbury was really targeting those peeps...

HOW MANY NIKETALKERS OWN A PAIR OF STARBURY?

def not the most nice pair of shoes made.... but for the price less than 20 bucks....

Originally Posted by pelimpe

if they were cheap we wouldn't accord them that much importance.... its like you never see any hype on simple white adidas coz you can get em anytime u want....
Marbury tried it, and around my way i only c homeless peeps wearing em (just being foreal) i guess marbury was really targeting those peeps...

HOW MANY NIKETALKERS OWN A PAIR OF STARBURY?

def not the most nice pair of shoes made.... but for the price less than 20 bucks....
chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch.

I got 2 pairs of starburys but Ive only worn them like 4 or 5 times each (got both for under 20 bucks with tax) but you dont place the same importance on them.

Im gonna be straight forward and say it. This is a FACT: America is the one country in the world that relates expensive prices to importance, quality andexclusivity the MOST. Take a look atthe VW Phaeton V12, its a beast and definitely on the level of the S-Class Mercedes, but it FLOPPED in the US, and thatsbecause its an affordable VW. If the car had been marketed under a seperate brand and marked up to say 80 grand, it would have sold in America. Thats the wayAmericans work. Its fact, and businesses know it. Thats why crap like Gucci is such a huge hit here.

You can go to Dubai and get a regular looking all black belt with a subtle buckle, but the quality will be good enough that you could wear it everyday for ahundred years, and it will EASILY cost more than most recognizable brands in the US. I know this because my pops bought a 1500 dollar belt (courtesy of BAlosing his luggage) and you would never know it cost more than 50 from a few feet away. Americans are fans of bold logos associated with high prices, and thatswhy you dont see products like that being as famous here, people would rather rock some cheaply manufactured plastic with LV or Gucci logos.

And I know Im right.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

HADOOKEN!
laugh.gif

Yeah. Anyway, if they were the same price as other shoes from the beginning people would still want them because it's Jordan. Only people would do crazythings like play sports in them sometimes and not shoot or severely beat others as much for accidentally stepping on them. But when Al Gore and the planeteersinvented the Internet all the resellers would buy out all the stock to sell on Gorebay and Alslist and then stores would start raising the prices, causing achain reaction leading to Jordans becoming nearly exactly the way they are now. It dunno , but it's kind of interesting to think about.

Originally Posted by The J Collector

Originally Posted by veGAtts

blah blah, not gunna quote myself

Speak for your self,, Not everyone on the board is a hypebeast..............
indifferent.gif

I'm sorry that the truth hurt your feelings.

You have an interesting avatar. you realize that nobody would have been shot for their Jordans if Jordans cost $10. so you choose to represent yourself with anavatar that celebrates the fact that Jordans are expensive and then have the audacity to pretend you are above being affected by the cost of items. How odd.

This is just a basic basic fact of humanity, I think you deny it is simply because acknowledging it makes you realize that you might actually be affected bysomething other than your beyond reproach pure love of shoes.

If you had an unlimited supply of cookies (assuming you like cookies) the value you place of those cookies would be very different than if you had only 3 ofthe exact same cookie. People value what is harder to get. It is not only true, but it makes sense, why should you value a cookie very highly if you can getone whenever you want without any effort? If you know you can only have 3, ever, suddenly they feel a helluvalot more important, but they are still exactly thesame.

I don't care what anybody says, if Jordans cost $10 from day ONE, assuming they were never ultra limited (which would then inflate their after market priceanyway, nullifying their retail) they would NEVER HAVE BEEN AS POPULAR AS THEY ARE, and if they weren't popular back then, they wouldn't be popularnow, there wouldn't be a Jordan Brand, we wouldn't have retros, probably would not have had more than a handful of models to begin with, EVERYTHINGWOULD BE DIFFERENT.

PS - You can argue that MJ's greatness would have made the shoes popular regardless, and maybe so, but I would say that in my hypothetical situation youhave to disregard MJs influence as well as the marketing campaign, because those things are what caused the shoes to be priced where they were priced. If MJsucked, the shoes would have been cheaper, one causes the other and you cannot separate the two.

Prolly not. For the simple fact that everyone would be able to get them then. They also wouldn't be worth ne thing because they would b too easy for peopleto get. There would b no need for the hunt and the feeling after u bought that new pair wouldn't b the same.

Its about the name 100%. Real talk if they were like like Tom Chambers 4's instead of Jordans, nobody would buy them

Back
Top Bottom