So ipad owners hows the ipad ?

I use mine mostly for browsing

Pros:
Small
quick

Cons:
Constantly disconnects from wifi, from the router in my house (common problem with ipad)
Does not support adobe flash
Does not show alot of the pics posted, instead shows a ? In a blue box

The next tablet i get will definately be windows based

I use mine mostly for browsing

Pros:
Small
quick

Cons:
Constantly disconnects from wifi, from the router in my house (common problem with ipad)
Does not support adobe flash
Does not show alot of the pics posted, instead shows a ? In a blue box

The next tablet i get will definately be windows based

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

No complaints from me.

I have an iPhone for so the need for a camera isn't there for me.

Posting from my iPad while laying in bed watching The Town.
pimp.gif

The tough thing is finding a nice case for this bad boy. I have so many cases and I'm still looking.

Wait a few months and see what the new one has to offer. If you find you don't need a camera then get this one when the price drops in a month or so.
I think i will probably do this 
I hope the new one comes out soon 

Fam be prepared to wait. I pretty much check the web everyday to see if there is any info on the ipad 2 release date. Apple typically does things annually and they should've announced the iPad 2 by now yet we are still waiting. I don't know whats really going on but they need to hurry up. I really been thinking about just copping the XOOM but that 1200 price tag is stupid... Motorolla really dropped the ball with that price point.
the Xoom is actually $800 and wifi version is $600 
And the ipad 2 is going to come out soon most likely because a lot of the new tablets are coming out in March/April and they need a new model to compete 

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

No complaints from me.

I have an iPhone for so the need for a camera isn't there for me.

Posting from my iPad while laying in bed watching The Town.
pimp.gif

The tough thing is finding a nice case for this bad boy. I have so many cases and I'm still looking.

Wait a few months and see what the new one has to offer. If you find you don't need a camera then get this one when the price drops in a month or so.
I think i will probably do this 
I hope the new one comes out soon 

Fam be prepared to wait. I pretty much check the web everyday to see if there is any info on the ipad 2 release date. Apple typically does things annually and they should've announced the iPad 2 by now yet we are still waiting. I don't know whats really going on but they need to hurry up. I really been thinking about just copping the XOOM but that 1200 price tag is stupid... Motorolla really dropped the ball with that price point.
the Xoom is actually $800 and wifi version is $600 
And the ipad 2 is going to come out soon most likely because a lot of the new tablets are coming out in March/April and they need a new model to compete 

I was very anti-iPad. I was like who wants a big iPod touch (eventhough I'm a huge Apple fan) That was until my fiancé bought me one. It's pretty awesome. I'm in med school right now, so I use it a lot for taking notes, editing PDFs and whatnot. I bought a stylus for it, which I'm getting used to but works well for hand-writing. I use this program, Zumocast, which isn't taking new users right now while Motorola is revamping it, to access all my files. It's a Godsend. I can leave my laptop at home connected to the internet, and bring my iPad to school and access and edit all my notes, listen to music, watch the 180 movies or numerous TV shows I've downloaded without saving anything to the iPad. It streams really fast too. Books can be downloaded at will. Netflix is great on the iPad screen. I don't know how people watch videos on their iPhones/Touch. Once you figure out what you want to use it for, it really comes in handy. I can't imagine being without it, and I'm excited for the new one in April.

Here's a sample of my handwritten notes on the iPad. You feel pretty boss while everyone else is using paper and clipboards
glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

Here's the case I bought for mine also, it becomes a conversation piece with the professors and the doctors when you flip it open.

Portenzo_Composition_iPad_Case.jpg

I was very anti-iPad. I was like who wants a big iPod touch (eventhough I'm a huge Apple fan) That was until my fiancé bought me one. It's pretty awesome. I'm in med school right now, so I use it a lot for taking notes, editing PDFs and whatnot. I bought a stylus for it, which I'm getting used to but works well for hand-writing. I use this program, Zumocast, which isn't taking new users right now while Motorola is revamping it, to access all my files. It's a Godsend. I can leave my laptop at home connected to the internet, and bring my iPad to school and access and edit all my notes, listen to music, watch the 180 movies or numerous TV shows I've downloaded without saving anything to the iPad. It streams really fast too. Books can be downloaded at will. Netflix is great on the iPad screen. I don't know how people watch videos on their iPhones/Touch. Once you figure out what you want to use it for, it really comes in handy. I can't imagine being without it, and I'm excited for the new one in April.

Here's a sample of my handwritten notes on the iPad. You feel pretty boss while everyone else is using paper and clipboards
glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

Here's the case I bought for mine also, it becomes a conversation piece with the professors and the doctors when you flip it open.

i have an ipod, iphone, imac, and an ipad...needless to say....yes, they all do pretty much the same things...i really like my ipad for emails, reading, and web-browsing..havent gotten big into games. I would wait until the 2nd gen ipad comes out, as it will likely have a forward and rear facing cameras....
the ipad is good because of its portability, screen size, and pretty much "instant on"...instead of waiting for a small laptop, netbook to boot up.

hope it helps
-sf77

i have an ipod, iphone, imac, and an ipad...needless to say....yes, they all do pretty much the same things...i really like my ipad for emails, reading, and web-browsing..havent gotten big into games. I would wait until the 2nd gen ipad comes out, as it will likely have a forward and rear facing cameras....
the ipad is good because of its portability, screen size, and pretty much "instant on"...instead of waiting for a small laptop, netbook to boot up.

hope it helps
-sf77

I love my iPad, but I'm just getting so sick of Apple's refusal to change up their OS. I have owned every iPhone to date, and the more and more I think about my "love" for the iPad, the more and more I know its just a sense of lazy comfort.

I also own an EVO and HD7, so I get to mess around with other Mobile OS, and I'm starting to not be worried about having my iPhone on me @ all times with my EVO. Android just talks to much promise and actually delivers it when coming to OS features.

I'm getting ready to sell my iPad, not for the iPad 2, but for the Motorola Xoom. I'm psyched about the Honeycomb OS.

I would love to have Apple really overhaul iOS 5, but I can't see it happening. So all my new products will likely be Android...even the new WebOS looks nice...

I love my iPad, but I'm just getting so sick of Apple's refusal to change up their OS. I have owned every iPhone to date, and the more and more I think about my "love" for the iPad, the more and more I know its just a sense of lazy comfort.

I also own an EVO and HD7, so I get to mess around with other Mobile OS, and I'm starting to not be worried about having my iPhone on me @ all times with my EVO. Android just talks to much promise and actually delivers it when coming to OS features.

I'm getting ready to sell my iPad, not for the iPad 2, but for the Motorola Xoom. I'm psyched about the Honeycomb OS.

I would love to have Apple really overhaul iOS 5, but I can't see it happening. So all my new products will likely be Android...even the new WebOS looks nice...

Originally Posted by djuzi05

that's actually pretty cool
pimp.gif

that's actually pretty cool
pimp.gif

glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

Do you use a stylus to write notes?

glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

Originally Posted by FullMetal

glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FullMetal

glasses.gif

4g1cur.png

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

Yea the Xoom looks amazing i might cop that instead of the ipad 

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

Yea the Xoom looks amazing i might cop that instead of the ipad 

why do people want a back camera for the ipad?

i understand a front camera for skype but a back are you going to be taking a picture with your pad when you can just pull out your phone

why do people want a back camera for the ipad?

i understand a front camera for skype but a back are you going to be taking a picture with your pad when you can just pull out your phone

like my ipad just fine. very interested in the new ipad which should be released soon.

xoom doesn't seem too good so far.

like my ipad just fine. very interested in the new ipad which should be released soon.

xoom doesn't seem too good so far.

looking into getting a tablet PC this year.. i'm most likely going to lean toward the iPad2.. but the stuff Android has been touting are looking nice as well. 
grin.gif

looking into getting a tablet PC this year.. i'm most likely going to lean toward the iPad2.. but the stuff Android has been touting are looking nice as well. 
grin.gif

didnt know android had a tab, late pass...

ive always been interested in the ipad, but for near 500 i would buy something else.

googling adriod tab*

Back
Top Bottom