So now Carmelo Anthony isn't top 5 in the league?

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I just want someone to explain to me why Kevin Durant is on such a higher plateau than Melo .

Because his tattoos are on his stomach, not his arms and he's more marketable for the league.

And he leads the league in humbleness 
pimp.gif

And backpacks.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

Because his tattoos are on his stomach, not his arms and he's more marketable for the league.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, its because Kevin Durant's 2009-10 season was better than any season Melo ever had. Last year, they were more or less equal. KD is 23. Melo is 27. Who's more likely to improve? It's that simple.
What will KD get better at? 
Ball handling, getting open (stands around too much), posting up, setting up his teammates.

He needs to take his defense from above average to consistently good. Durant's post game obviously needs work and he needs to develop a better handle as well. They look improved, but its only preseason.

I just want someone to explain to me why Kevin Durant is on such a higher plateau than Melo .

laugh.gif

Seriously though, its because Kevin Durant's 2009-10 season was better than any season Melo ever had. Last year, they were more or less equal. KD is 23. Melo is 27. Who's more likely to improve? It's that simple.
Oh okay how are you so sure that he hasn't hit his high mark yet ?  Yall saying Melo has been the same player for 8 years who the hell says Durant won't be the same ?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Durant > Melo

Son..

In what way? Like seriously. What?

Scoring?

Oh wait, I forgot how offensively gifted Carmelo Anthony is! He can do it all with the ball in his hands! He can do EVERYTHING...

Except... you know... lead the league in scoring...

BUT HE'S CLUTCH! Except, he hasn't won anything...

Hm.

Taller, quicker, much more range. Better defender.

I'll take those attributes over where Melo has him beat; strength, mid-range, post.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

Ball handling, getting open (stands around too much), posting up, setting up his teammates.

Ok at what point can we say "he is who he is"? 
He's a jump shooter who let RW take over his team. Post game?
laugh.gif
  Bron is 9 years in too and we're still waiting on that.

For someone so tall and athletic shouldn't he be an elite defender?

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

Says WHO

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Durant > Melo

Son..

Scoring?

Oh wait, I forgot how offensively gifted Carmelo Anthony is! He can do it all with the ball in his hands! He can do EVERYTHING...

Hm.

Leading the league is scoring means you're a better player?
So then Iverson must be the GOAT 
laugh.gif

And what has Durant won exactly? 

Spoiler [+]
YEARMEN_t640.jpg

Durant > Melo

Son..

Scoring?

Hm.

Your mother.

durant obviously has more potential than melo ever did and one day he probably will be better. but as of right now i think melo might be just a tad better.

Brb still waiting on Bron's post game to develop and Kobe to be an elite 3 point shooter. It's funny how nobody wants to talk about how he threw Westbrook under the bus in the Dallas series and tucked his tail between his legs

laugh.gif

Oh okay how are you so sure that he hasn't hit his high mark yet ?  Yall saying Melo has been the same player for 8 years who the hell says Durant won't be the same ?

Really? He's 23. How many 23 year old have led the league in scoring even once? But let's say he has hit his high mark already. His peak season is better than ANY season Carmelo had. He still scores more, gets to the line more, shoots better, plays better help D and more consistent man D. They rebound similarly. Carmelo is better in the post. Melo is a better passer, but even that difference is small.
What argument is there for Carmelo Anthony being a better player than Kevin Durant?

This thread shouldn't have been made.
laugh.gif

More ammo for the Knicks slander bus.

I'd put him in the top 10, by the way.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What do college accolades have to do with ANYTHING?

Leading your team to a NCAA championship doesn't show anything about a players potential?

YEARMEN_t640.jpg
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On that note, I'm out. They've resorted to posting NCAA credentials.

Kevin Durant has led the NBA in scoring, and scores more points - at a higher percentage - than Carmelo Anthony. There is no debating those - they are facts.

Good evening, gents.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brb still waiting on Bron's post game to develop and Kobe to be an elite 3 point shooter. It's funny how nobody wants to talk about how he threw Westbrook under the bus in the Dallas series and tucked his tail between his legs

Brb still waiting on Carmelo to win a game against Boston.

He's way more clutch , Better rebounder while being 3 INCHES SHORTER , better offensive arsenal, is the unquestioned #1 guy on his team, and the better passer.

So Iverson is better than Kobe for winning more scoring titles than him during the same time period?

Answer that and you'll see that scoring titles mean nothing.
And D-Will is NOT better than Melo...no damn way. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Durant > Melo

Son..

Scoring?

Hm.

Your mother.

eek.gif
roll.gif

IF he's top 5, IF he's better than KD...there is no excuse for the NYK to lose to anyone not named the Miami Heat this post-season. That's how I'd see this if I was a non-Knick fan. You guys shouldn't set up these expectations.

Back
Top Bottom