So What Did It Take For You Reach "That Point"?

What did it take for you to reach that point where you really started to flourish as a person? New job? Weight loss? Just an overall increase in confidence? I know we all have a different story that got us to that point and some of us are still working towards it. What put you over the top?

When I stopped attempting to please everyone but myself first. 

I am still selfless to an extent, but I had to start focusing on myself first. 

When I realized I can't take all my friends with me...

Basically decided to start carving out my path and if they wanna follow behind me cool, if not...  see you at (or from) the top.

When I got out of jail the second time.  Being caged up is worse then death in my eyes. 

Realizing that your life is in the hands of the justice system, and having bond denied twice is not a nice feeling.

tumblr_mal26b7YF21qenz9ao1_500.jpg

not at that point yet but im trying

first thing i have to fix is my health, then all the good things will follow
trying very hard to quit smoking and eat healthy
im a relatively slender guy but i dont look or feel "right"

When I started believing in/being myself.
This. Once I started living for me and stop trying to please all parties I started to flourish. Got my own place, bought cars, kicks, clothes, etc. Wonderful feeling

i'm jelly of everybody believing in themselves..i'm waiting to reach that point, but I have a few people in my life that make me second guess myself...I literally have everything going for me, but I can't seem to get out of this rut 

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm jelly of everybody believing in themselves..i'm waiting to reach that point, but I have a few people in my life that make me second guess myself...I literally have everything going for me, but I can't seem to get out of this rut 
Only thing that can fix that is you. Seems like you just need to tune others out and do what's best for you.

After like 2 years of being a sad sack of **** I picked myself up and realized life is about to get real as hell in a couple months. :lol:

not at that point yet but im trying

first thing i have to fix is my health, then all the good things will follow
trying very hard to quit smoking and eat healthy
im a relatively slender guy but i dont look or feel "right"

U smoke because you associate smoking with good feelings. Once you associate it with bad you will stop.

You can't eat healthy because you addicted to sugar. Look at what you eat, i'll bet you 90% of it has sugar in some from.

Detox your body. I would reccomend juicing. It's not that expensive. Get a juicer from Bed bath and beyond. If you dont like it you can return it after using it.

Shortly after I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago. I need to get back on to constantly trying to be better. The goals have been set for a while, I just need to get the motivation again and 2015 will bring me to that. This is going to be the year of me.

Didn't really have any self esteem till I graduated high school and got my first temp fade. That hair cut had me asking why nobody told me about it years before.

When I understood that I was responsible for my own success. That I can no longer blame my circumstance or problems on other people or expect then to have sympathy for me. I stopped blaming my environment and my childhood circumstances and make the decision that I would not let my environment lead me down the wrong path.

The most important step was standing up and taking responsibility for my actions and the results.

To be honest... It was relatively easy once I stopped blaming other people for my problems.

Last edited:
About 8 years ago. Was tired of my current position at work. Been feeling like sh...for a while. Car was in the shop, taking the bus to work. One day I had shown up early to work and H.R was waiting for me. I had gotten the position that I had applied for. After that day, I joined the gym and got back into school after a 9 year hiatus. All it took was just that one day, just sparked something inside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom