SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Unlucky seems to be my middle name unfortunately, previous 3 ACL tears were all non-contact. Hoping for the best here though.

I applaud you for still trying to play. I’m 35 now, in the best physical shape i’ve ever been in and I LOVE playin ball.

4 ACL tears have kept off the pitch for over 7 years now, I would love nothing more than to be able to just play a pick up game but my mind is my biggest enemy.

Btw since you guys appreciate boots in this thread I stumbled upon this collector dude on iG and he posts some early 2000’s HEAT. Never even knew this pair of Vapors existed.

I spray painted my cleats silver in high school. It was red and the coach wouldn't let me wear it because it was the color of a rival school

Back to the IR for me smh, some buffoon barreled into my knee yesterday after I beat him to a ball. Was really frustrating watching the rest of the match from the sidelines and seeing the same dude make non-footy play after non-footy play, just trying to body people instead of actually going for the ball. Hoping it's just a sprain, (no swelling, and I can walk fine) just a little bit of discomfort. Since all my knee injuries have been catastrophic, I don't remember what a simple sprain feels like and it's tough to be optimistic.

Ironically my new boots to replace the my previously damaged vapors came in today too. |l

image0 (1).jpeg

get better man and i know you know this, but take it easy. Do what you got to do, whether its some ice some light PT keep it moving.

This is the reason that I have slowly tapered down my playing. I was in an over 30 league like 4 years ago and this dude would literally run full speed into people to body them off the ball. Our refs were 80 year olds who honestly were only there to get paid. But i remember casually jogging to the ball and this dude who was prob 190-200lbs sprinting at me. I had the ball in possession so i just leaned in a little thinking he would go around me or stop but he literally ran through me and i went flying. ****ed up my hip and was out for the rest of the game because of how hard i came down on the turf. Its so maddening when people do dumb stuff like that.

giphy.gif

Basically this, no eyes on the ball and are gunning to hit you.

I've had something like that happen. Our turf has side walls.

I just received ball rolled my first defender on on my blind side big dude barged through my back send me flying into one of the side walls and caused a decent sized skin tear.

I played on in goal the last 15 mins or so in goal.
get better man and i know you know this, but take it easy. Do what you got to do, whether its some ice some light PT keep it moving.

This is the reason that I have slowly tapered down my playing. I was in an over 30 league like 4 years ago and this dude would literally run full speed into people to body them off the ball. Our refs were 80 year olds who honestly were only there to get paid. But i remember casually jogging to the ball and this dude who was prob 190-200lbs sprinting at me. I had the ball in possession so i just leaned in a little thinking he would go around me or stop but he literally ran through me and i went flying. ****ed up my hip and was out for the rest of the game because of how hard i came down on the turf. Its so maddening when people do dumb stuff like that.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's legit 100% what happened to me and I just tweaked the knee as I was going down cause I was pretty stationary, just checking to and not moving like Costa was in this. He just came in from behind. Worst part is that it was a derby against the other open team from our club and the dude just walked off complaining about the foul call. Then never acknowledged me at any point that he took me out for the game and possibly injured me badly. The poor sports that remain at our age is baffling.

I'm taking it easy though, it sucks because I was finally gaining some confidence and getting my fitness back from my last injury in 2020 (ACL, MCL, LCL, Meniscus) that took me pretty much three years to recover from, and was actually having a solid game. I'm usually good 1/10 and that's it, but I scored the week before and was feeling it this past Sunday. We were also terrorizing the second division we were in and they moved us to the first where the game is just physical 100% of the time and hardly actual footy. I told the league about it and my/our teams concerns since we're all old and they just said "talk to us at the end of the season" So the fact we have yet to win a game and me getting hurt again should probably be a good enough reason to get us moved back in to a lower division at this point. The league overall is a joke though.

I play two times per week and in my Tuesday co-ed league I play keeper and on Sunday's I really just try to hold possession and not go 1v1 or anything like that too much, basically I stay out of the way of any players to avoid getting hurt. It's been a transition basically changing the way I play. But obviously these buffoons that just play the game like this will ruin it for you no matter what. Will keep you guys updated. Feeling a little better today, just kind of wonky overall. Reaching out to my Dr. today to see if he has anything good to say. Ruled myself out of the rest of both of my seasons though.

That's legit 100% what happened to me and I just tweaked the knee as I was going down cause I was pretty stationary, just checking to and not moving like Costa was in this. He just came in from behind. Worst part is that it was a derby against the other open team from our club and the dude just walked off complaining about the foul call. Then never acknowledged me at any point that he took me out for the game and possibly injured me badly. The poor sports that remain at our age is baffling.

I'm taking it easy though, it sucks because I was finally gaining some confidence and getting my fitness back from my last injury in 2020 (ACL, MCL, LCL, Meniscus) that took me pretty much three years to recover from, and was actually having a solid game. I'm usually good 1/10 and that's it, but I scored the week before and was feeling it this past Sunday. We were also terrorizing the second division we were in and they moved us to the first where the game is just physical 100% of the time and hardly actual footy. I told the league about it and my/our teams concerns since we're all old and they just said "talk to us at the end of the season" So the fact we have yet to win a game and me getting hurt again should probably be a good enough reason to get us moved back in to a lower division at this point. The league overall is a joke though.

I play two times per week and in my Tuesday co-ed league I play keeper and on Sunday's I really just try to hold possession and not go 1v1 or anything like that too much, basically I stay out of the way of any players to avoid getting hurt. It's been a transition basically changing the way I play. But obviously these buffoons that just play the game like this will ruin it for you no matter what. Will keep you guys updated. Feeling a little better today, just kind of wonky overall. Reaching out to my Dr. today to see if he has anything good to say. Ruled myself out of the rest of both of my seasons though.
I feel you on so many levels.

My game since i was a kid was predicated on speed and being very direct. I went from playing an outside mid to a wing back then back to a winger in a 4-3-3 set up. I have lost a step or two (or three lets be real). But once i get going i can go past people. It has lead to a lot of me getting taken out. Which in my youth id pop up talk **** and keep it moving. That has lead to me laying on the ground assessing my body and wanting to just walk off the field because i don't need to get hurt. I think I posted in here when i got dropped from behind and shattered my collarbone on turf and needed surgery and a plate put in my shoulder. It's crazy that i can't find a league that is competitive and fun without literally 60% of the people being "go-hards" as we call them that play like every game is the CL final. On top of that the refs that won't regulate it with red cards. They are always like "we are all here to have fun it was a mistake" and the same people do it over and over and over.

Man f leagues and f the whole idea of paying to play football.

This sport is free. I’ll never pay to play again ever in my life. not even to book an indoor field for the night. I only play where it’s free/pickup

Paying brings out the worst in people and the games usually suck

Is it pretty much established that all the Nike vapor match/adv 22/23 kits ran big compared to previous years ? I am wanting to cop the PSG Away and don't have the chance to try it on

I am here to take complete personal credit for this :lol: . I have spammed every nike twitter and IG account for a month or so now asking for AG boots on nike us

we got mercs...now just give us the phantom GX!

Edit: Just tried to order Phantom GX AG off unisport and they wont process my payment. I wonder if the "Won't ship Nike products to the US" is real now from them

Edit 2: order placed. Went through on mobile. Here is to hoping they make it to me

Last edited:
I am here to take complete personal credit for this :lol: . I have spammed every nike twitter and IG account for a month or so now asking for AG boots on nike us

Edit: Just tried to order Phantom GX AG off unisport and they wont process my payment. I wonder if the "Won't ship Nike products to the US" is real now from them

Edit 2: order placed. Went through on mobile. Here is to hoping they make it to me

I just ordered those vapors from them a couple of weeks ago.

Soccer.com also has them for future reference

Phantom GX AG Elite

Back
Top Bottom