SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

The legend 10 elite weigh only 7 ounces? Damn. That is way lighter then i thought. Given that with the pretty good reviews...this could be a contender with the GX

IMG_3045.jpeg
Just in from unisport

Back to the IR for me smh, some buffoon barreled into my knee yesterday after I beat him to a ball. Was really frustrating watching the rest of the match from the sidelines and seeing the same dude make non-footy play after non-footy play, just trying to body people instead of actually going for the ball. Hoping it's just a sprain, (no swelling, and I can walk fine) just a little bit of discomfort. Since all my knee injuries have been catastrophic, I don't remember what a simple sprain feels like and it's tough to be optimistic.

Ironically my new boots to replace the my previously damaged vapors came in today too. |l

image0 (1).jpeg

Went in and got an MRI last Wednesday, thankful that I go to a Dr. that will get me an MRI and results same day instead of having to wait weeks/months to get approvals, referrals and then finally get the chance to set up an MRI a month out. Turns out I have a pretty bad bone bruise on the lateral side of my knee where I took the impact. Typically these happen when you have a traumatic knee injury ( ACL, etc.). For the time being it seems that I have avoided that. Considering myself super lucky right now based on my past injuries. Out for 5 more weeks then going to get it looked at again and look at the MRI just to make sure nothing was missed. Knee is feeling better now, just feels a little unsound at times, I'm guessing the inflammation in there just has things a little wonky. Hoping I can get back out there in 2-3 months or so since I was finally playing like my old self again and had gotten that confidence back. Gonna take some extra time to strengthen and work on conditioning before I return though.
IMG_5825.jpg

Last edited:

One of my favorite colorways of the past few years, and I’m not a pink boot guy at all. If this comes in the plus model I might have to grab one

Kane wearing the next mercurial, I like what I see

Last edited:
Mixed feelings about the pack; very strong on feet and on grass, but not resonating w/ me personally. GX probably the pick of the pack.

Selfishly i say go with the legends so you can tell us if you like them since i have the GX already :lol:

Got me thinking about it, if they weren't white I might definitely pull the trigger. Gonna sit back for a bit and see if Nike drops anything else considering I'm still on the IR for a bit and have two pair of TL9 that I still haven't even worn.

Any tips on keeping laces tied tight? My laces always come loose during a game and I use the runner's knot

Any tips on keeping laces tied tight? My laces always come loose during a game and I use the runner's knot

I usually just double, but then again maybe I don't. Never really had this problem unless someone steps on the top of my boot. I tried using the runner knot once and got the worst blisters on my heel from a pair of already broken in Premier's.

Any recs for balls? My kids destroy the cheaper nike/adidas options, so wanna upgrade but at the same time they are kids.

Any recs for balls? My kids destroy the cheaper nike/adidas options, so wanna upgrade but at the same time they are kids.

Heard some good things aboutg the Kipsta Ligue 1 ball, the official match ball was like $50 last year, looks like they bumped it up to $80 this year unfortunately. I personaly like Select, my club team has been using the same four turf match balls since 2019 at least and they have held up remarkably. I have about 8 in total and haven't even had to resort to the replacements yet. They can be had for about ~$50. I also have the USL official match balls from Select and they have held up well also, albeit I haven't used them as much.

Select Numero 10 Turf Match Soccer Ball

Back
Top Bottom