SS3 Goku Vs. Superman

Now that I think about it, there are some similarites between these dudes that I didn't realize until now.

Both were shipped to earth.

Both are the last of their race.

Both are leaders of some save the earth group.

Lastly, both have brothers.

Mind slightly blown.
tumblr_m3ry3pbGqi1qas2jho4_250.gif

Superman has a bruddah?

what comic is that? must find.

Phoenix would murk Goku, that's why I wanna see it :lol: I'm tired of him somehow winning every single battle.

Sentry though... that'd be a good fight. I wanna read Zombies again now.

What is Goku? Seems hella asian and something I should be about.

Oh well
What is this anime or something?? 

Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn.

special guest appearances by Hitler and a lot of zombies.

Last edited:
what comic is that? must find.
Phoenix would murk Goku, that's why I wanna see it :lol: I'm tired of him somehow winning every single battle.
Sentry though... that'd be a good fight. I wanna read Zombies again now.

View media item 182739
The list of people who could Murk Goku is long

Flash
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Phoenix 5
Arcade maybe
Odin
Maxwell
Zeus
Gladiator if enough people believe in him

If we do big power ups
Then
Spiderman
Doc Doom
World Breaker

Thats just off the top of my head.

This conversation has been run into the ground by people who have watched justice league for like 2 episodes and everything of dragon ball z. :rolleyes

The conversation always goes "instant transmission" beats all like Goku was using it in every fight and never got hit. Silver Age superman and all his wackyness and BS strength like pulling multiple plants by chain could give Goku a run for his money.

Why superman though we can go down the line of people who could destroy Goku easy like this Kid

View media item 182704
But we're not talking about reality warping characters that can do anything. This at least would be an actual fight, even if you made it SS(insert # here) Goku and Silver Age Supes or w/e alt reality version like Superboy Prime.

I've watched his cartoons, JL, JLU, read his comics and in comparison to the manga and anime backing Goku, he got it.

Last edited:
ehh, id say its equal. But at the end of the day, goku does run out of energy, so superman

Goku isnt hitting superman with any kamehameha waves. So itd be a straight up brawl probably. As for instant transmission, superman also is extremely fast, so its not like goku would be able to grab him and take him somewhere

Last edited:
The list of people who could Murk Goku is long

Flash
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Phoenix 5
Arcade maybe
Odin
Maxwell
Zeus
Gladiator if enough people believe in him

If we do big power ups
Then
Spiderman
Doc Doom
World Breaker

Thats just off the top of my head.
My dude did you really just add Arcade to a list of ppl that could beat Goku after reading the 1st issue of Avengers Arena? :lo :stoneface: and thought a "maybe" would be okay? :smh:

That's not how Gladiator's powers work.

Again adding in characters that literally can do anything is a waste of time cuz they too could do the same to Supes. You just appearing salty the first page was basically a landslide in favor of Goku :lol:

Last edited:
Is a hard question since Goku could get into SS4 if he needs more power. He also gets stronger with every near to death experience, but Goku's abilities cannot be used anywhere (like outer space) and he needs time for big and powerful attacks. Besides Superman is smarter and I think his stamina would last longer.

I don't know a lot about Superman but he has a lot of versions and the only one I know is the one from The Justice League, and it seems pretty weak compared to Goku.

Anyways, I don't like Superman at all, so Son Goku FTW

Last edited:
Which superman tho? He powers are revamped and adjusted every few years.
The way it's asked it's usually geared for Superman in general so the most iconic/recognizable version including power set. I'd just go with Supes currently. After the movie I'm sure ppl will go with that version when he's referenced.

Goku, dudes in DBZ were destroying planets and stuff, Cell or some other villain who can breathe in space may be a better match though.

Last edited:
My dude did you really just add Arcade to a list of ppl that could beat Goku after reading the 1st issue of Avengers Arena? :lo :stoneface: and thought a "maybe" would be okay? :smh:
Again adding in characters that literally can do anything is a waste of time cuz they too could do the same to Supes. You just appearing salty the first page was basically a landslide in favor of Goku :lol:
Arcade was in comics before Avengers Arena but if anything lets drop him.

If you mean by straight fighting them there arnt any? Everybody in Supes Level outside of the flash has a bunch of side powers. Sentry is not just FLight and strentgh. He was some weird reality powers and more

Phoenix is a God

Everyone I named is legit but can do other things. There is no plant punching person who only fist fights on Gokus level.

I will admit I'm salty because this conversation keeps arising and NO ONE READS COMICS but me are in them. Everyone is like "But Milestailsprowe didn't you see how he fought Cell, Superman can't keep up with Instant Transmission and isnt as strong" >: . Goku got hit all the ******g time even when He knew instant transmision.

Arcade was in comics before Avengers Arena but if anything lets drop him.
I know that and before his showing in AA there's no way anyone would take you seriously about dude cuz he's never had those powers before. He's always been a gimmick villain that's never in actual fights and hasn't killed anyone.
If you mean by straight fighting them there arnt any? Everybody in Supes Level outside of the flash has a bunch of side powers. Sentry is not just FLight and strentgh. He was some weird reality powers and more
I'm talking about ppl with super powers that you can actually hit. Not ppl that can think you out of existence or dissipate your molecules before you even realize your fighting them. Those ppl can do the same damn thing to Supes you're saying they can do to Goku.
Phoenix is a God
I didn't say anything about Phoneix or Zeus or Odin of all ppl. Phoenix is a cosmic force of nature to be specific not a GOD.
Everyone I named is legit but can do other things. There is no plant punching person who only fist fights on Gokus level.
Legit as in what? Why not add in Galactus? or some other cosmic force that don't even get to fights like that but are just insanely powerful and are made that way for a reason?

All I'm saying Supes vs. Goku is more reasonable than the majority of ppl you mentioned and those you mentioned would all murk Supes as well, just as easily.

I will admit I'm salty because this conversation keeps arising and NO ONE READS COMICS but me are in them. Everyone is like "But Milestailsprowe didn't you see how he fought Cell, Superman can't keep up with Instant Transmission and isnt as strong" >: . Goku got hit all the ******g time even when He knew instant transmision.
I read the comics but I'd point out if you go strictly off that Supes will have the leg up simply cuz his comic is never going to end and you can pick and choose what version you want to argue where as DBZ's story all in one universe has been told, anime and manga finished. No more power ups for Goku outside of animated movies that aren't released consistently. Just going off comics though Goku has built up a certain pedigree where as in one era of comics Superman can do something amazing until DC reboots the universe, he starts over being weaker, and what he did before doesn't really count cuz it's no longer in continuity. Aint no resetting the power level for Goku. He simply just kept getting stronger even after death.

Goku, dudes in DBZ were destroying planets and stuff, Cell or some other villain who can breathe in space may be a better match though.

do you think superman couldnt destroy earth if he wanted too? All it would take is him flying through the core or steer an ateroid towards earth

But I think people overrate ss3 goku. He was getting his *** handed to him by kid buu.

Last edited:
Goku got his *** beat by every main enemy he faced :lol:

do you think superman couldnt destroy earth if he wanted too? All it would take is him flying through the core.

But I think people overrate ss3 goku. He was getting his *** handed to him by kid buu.

very overrated. SSJ4 though. not overrated. monstrous.

Last edited:

do you think superman couldnt destroy earth if he wanted too? All it would take is him flying through the core.

well yea, but thats when db started getting ridiculous,and idk if thats even considered canon. Gt that is

do you think superman couldnt destroy earth if he wanted too? All it would take is him flying through the core or steer an ateroid towards earth

This is all true but they always wished a brother back to life or he came back to Earth based on a loophole and ended up winning in the end cuz he got stronger and had ppl stall for time for his it takes a few days to make spirit bomb. To me Goku losing don't mean he can't beat Supes (not like he hasn't died and/or lost A LOT). I just think Buu would demolish Supes with ease :lol:

well yea, but thats when db started getting ridiculous,and idk if thats even considered canon. Gt that is

GT is definitely not canon.

This is all true but they always wished a brother back to life or he came back to Earth based on a loophole and ended up winning in the end cuz he got stronger and had ppl stall for time for his it takes a few days to make spirit bomb. To me Goku losing don't mean he can't beat Supes (not like he hasn't died and/or lost A LOT). I just think Buu would demolish Supes with ease :lol:

yeah the fact that Supes could beat him to within a picometer of his life just for him to pop a senzu, start sweatin, and come back 12x stronger throws things off a bit. Supes isn't down for killing people who aren't evil, right? Goku is the same way. it'd be a never ending battle for the most part.

son imagine if Buu absorbed Supes though :lol:

Now that I think about it, there are some similarites between these dudes that I didn't realize until now.

Both were shipped to earth.

Both are the last of their race.

Both are leaders of some save the earth group.

Lastly, both have brothers.

Mind slightly blown.
tumblr_m3ry3pbGqi1qas2jho4_250.gif

Superman has a bruddah?
Yup, an older brother just like Goku.

The only difference is that superman's older brother suffers from amnesia when he crash lands on earth unlike Raditz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lar_Gand#Halk_Kar
[h3]Halk Kar[/h3]
A precursor to the Lar Gand character appeared in the story "Superman's Big Brother", in Superman #80 (January–February 1953). He was named Halk Kar, and had a logo-less costume almost identical to Superman's, but with the red and blue colors reversed. He was created by Otto Binder and artist Al Plastino.

In the story, Halk Kar crash-lands on Earth in a rocketship and is rescued by Superman, who discovers that Halk Kar suffers from amnesia. Discovering that Halk Kar has a note from Jor-El (Superman's father) mentioning his son, Superman assumes that Halk Kar must not only be from his own planet Krypton, but he must be a son of Jor-El and thus also his own older brother.

Superman quickly realizes that Halk Kar is less powerful than he is and — instead of subjecting him to embarrassment over the fact that he may be weaker than his younger brother — opts to use his own powers to cover for Halk Kar's deficiencies. This plan backfires, as Halk Kar begins to assume a superior attitude to Superman and even begins to make romantic advances on Superman's girlfriend, Lois Lane.

Finally, Halk Kar recovers his memory, and explains that he is from the planet Thoron, which is in the same star system as Krypton. Years ago, while on a pioneer voyage into space, he landed on Krypton with his damaged rocketship. There he met Jor-El, who explained that Krypton's destruction was imminent and repaired Halk Kar's rocketship, sending him away with the note which had a map from Krypton to Earth on it. Krypton exploded shortly afterward, causing Halk Kar to be put into suspended animation until he drifted to Earth to meet Superman, the grown-up son of Jor-El referred to in the note. Halk Kar returns to Thoron in his repaired rocketship, leaving Superman with the experience of briefly having had a brother.

Back
Top Bottom