Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Throwback Thursday.

Doesn't this photoshoot look like a promo for a short-lived ABC sitcom from the 90s? :lol:

D69N6FWW4AARxEB.jpg

7f4e51a8-can-t-tell-if-this-is-the-cast-of-the-phantom-menace-or-abc-768x951.jpg

Short lived Nike Jordan Nike Jordan ? :lol:

Looks like it was cancelled immediately after the pilot episode. :smh::smh::smh:

I can’t 100% buy into Episode 9. **** looks off already. The irony of JJ Abrams not being able to finish off a story if his life depended on it and being tasked to close out the greatest saga in cinema history. My goodness :smh:

Been discussed already, but Rian Johnson really messed up this cat's pacing for episode IX. They're going to have to cram so much into this movie and undo the damage from episode VIII that it could very well end up being a hot mess.

It's not as if Disney is laying the SW franchise to rest after this joint, just make episode VIII non-canon and continue this 'ish properly with an episode X.

Last edited:
Been discussed already, but Rian Johnson really messed up this cat's pacing for episode IX. They're going to have to cram so much into this movie and undo the damage from episode VIII that it could very well end up being a hot mess.

Best case scenario there’s questions left unanswered and left up to interpretation which is absolutely horrible.

Yeah man, I have low expectations for this joint. They got these cats (Boyega, Ridley) talking about how this SW 'trilogy' (and I use the world loosely due to the break in continuity from VII to VIII) been going on for a decade with multiple movies when in reality it hasn't been. FWIW, they could get those steady pay cheques for several decades and milk this 'ish due to their young age.

So many with Sith Lords could be used. Revan and I always wanted to see that scene where Malgus destroys the Jedi temple on the big screen

It's not as if Disney is laying the SW franchise to rest after this joint, just make episode VIII non-canon and continue this 'ish properly with an episode X.

Been saying they should’ve owned up to the mess and decided to take the series to a 10th film...Not write off TLJ all together but extend things to work the story out better...

It’s all conjecture at this point since none of us have seen IX...But the vibe that they’re throwing too much stuff into the movie to make up for the lack of progression in VIII, just seems to be what’s happening here...

Been saying they should’ve owned up to the mess and decided to take the series to a 10th film...Not write off TLJ all together but extend things to work the story out better...

It’s all conjecture at this point since none of us have seen IX...But the vibe that they’re throwing too much stuff into the movie to make up for the lack of progression in VIII, just seems to be what’s happening here...
You know this never really struck me as a solution but that could've worked.

I simply didnt have much hope with JJ being called back to fix this. When my mind dwells on this trilogy I just assune JJ is either going to retcon VIII and do what Rian did to VII (the damns left at the door dont give a **** approach) or episode IX is gonna be a 4 hour movie (the let me try to nicely make this all make sense and in continuity).

:smh:

To be fair, after Phantom and AotC no one thought they could close strong with Revenge of the Sith.

Hell, Anakin was still very much a Jedi and happy in love.

Going in you had to have a pregnancy, a separation, a turn, a bunch of Jedi hunted down and killed, and a duel with Obi-Wan.

An hour into that, he was still buddy buddy with Obi-Wan. :lol:

But overall it did close pretty well. Sith was pretty good. It should have been better, **** it SHOULD have been The Godfather level of film honestly.

But for where they were after two films, it did a pretty good job closing.

It can still happen. And honestly, 7-8 are better than 1-2, so 9 should really be easier. We knew the beats 3 had to get to. We knew the story, just needed the how. 9 we don't. They can go any direction, we don't know what to expect. There is no beat they have to hit. No loose ends to tie off. Just the story to close and how they handle the death of Carrie Fisher.

KOTOR is cool and all but at its core isn’t it just another story about a Jedi that turns bad during a war then eventually turns good again? The best part about the game was the choices the player could make. I don’t know if they can recapture that magic with a singular story. Best I’m hoping for is an entertaining flick with good visuals. I’m not expecting anything new or compelling in the story department.

I watched some of the opening to TFA and compared it to the opening of SW 1977.

The dialogue is lazy and uninspired. In ANH there's incredible nuance and worldbuilding and context in just those first lines spoken by Leia, the Rebels, and Vader.

In TFA it's just "you're old, you used to be good, hint hint you're a Skywalker, I'm evil now kill them I want the map"

Star Wars will never be what it once was.

KOTOR is cool and all but at its core isn’t it just another story about a Jedi that turns bad during a war then eventually turns good again? The best part about the game was the choices the player could make. I don’t know if they can recapture that magic with a singular story. Best I’m hoping for is an entertaining flick with good visuals. I’m not expecting anything new or compelling in the story department.
They did this in the movies before?

I know they did the reverse with Anakin but that's it unless you're expecting that from poorly written Kylo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom