Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man.....kill Star Wars. This **** is dead. If JJ decides to one up Rian and destroy the narrative even further I wouldn’t even be surprised. At this point Ep 9 is definitely gonna have some type of hastily thrown together last second lineage reveal for Rey but it’s too late. Han Solo’s illegitimate child? At this point who cares. Make Rey, Jar Jar’s kid, **** it. The tools were right ****ing there man, they had everything. Vader’s 2 grand children, each from his 2 children that represent both sides of him fighting for the fate of the galaxy and the overarching theme of the prophecy. WHAT IS THIS REYLO BULL****?!? How does the greatest hero in cinema history not gifted an offspring for a next generation?? Like they wasted Luke Skywalker fam.....they wasted him. He should’ve just went to Tosche Station to pick up power converters :smh: :smh:

giphy.gif

On some Luke and Leia ****...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All Lame has to do is read the books and he gets every single thing he ever wanted about Luke.

The minute they dropped the EU, they wanted a "different" route. Instead of Han/Leia having 3 kids, they have 1. Instead of Mara and Ben, Luke stayed a hermit. They undid DECADES worth of work because they thought tying up the loose ends would be too difficult and the casual movie fan wouldn't be caught up with the tons of material that was already out there.

And you guys celebrated that move. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now y'all bent out of shape. Sorry, but nope. I don't feel bad for y'all one bit. This is what you guys wanted, you got it. If Disney stuck with the EU, we wouldn't be havin no trouble at all. We'd be flourishing.

Overall, I'm still good with Rey bein Han's. (if it's true) She'd be the Jaina to Kylo's Jacen. Fine by me.

Who said dropped the EU? Go back and get quotes of who said Disney shouldn’t stick with the EU. The only one that brings up EU is you CP and it’s all the time. People bring up the old republic because it has a trilogy coming soon

Who said dropped the EU? Go back and get quotes of who said Disney shouldn’t stick with the EU. The only one that brings up EU is you CP and it’s all the time. People bring up the old republic because it has a trilogy coming soon

:lol: You weren't around back then. You really need me to dig up the quotes of people who said tell new stories, who cares about the EU? You really need that?

C CP1708 stop trying to make the EU happen. It’s never gonna happen :lol:

I know it's not, I'm not worried about it tho, YOU are. Everything you want in the films happened there bro, you just don't know it. :lol: I'm not upset with the films as they are, because I already lived thru the stories you want.

You going to sit there and tell me I wasn’t around back then. Son I been on this site longer then you. My post got wiped with the switch. You just making up stuff. Like I said it’s always you saying stuff about the EU. No one else does

zBeXkSd.gif

Just fast forward to the end and let us know if Darth Emo lived or died. Over three decades of a Saga getting blown up. Note to the Mouse: just give me an Old Republic, Empire and Bounty Hunter (check) story next.

7eH-zx.gif

You going to sit there and tell me I wasn’t around back then. Son I been on this site longer then you. My post got wiped with the switch. You just making up stuff. Like I said it’s always you saying stuff about the EU. No one else does

Welp, we're screwed.....

Disgusting. :smh:

I mean.. I tried to warn you :lol:

Those books and stories aren't going to be changed. They're not going to make you burn your old books and erase your memories, so no.. they're not useless.

And you were the one who was talking about how Disney will just be printing money with Star Wars.. and that's still the plan :lol: Using books and stories that have already been written and purchased ..... or writing new material in conjunction with movies, shows, books that will make them money now. Hmm.. tough decision. Disney didn't buy Star Wars because they wanted to honor and respect the Expanded.. they bought it so they can make money.

They're going to print money regardless, they never needed to stick to the EU for that to happen.

http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Maybe they're just trying to soften the blow, but at least they're saying they won't totally discard the EU, but they can still use it if they want.. it just won't be canon.

But it's not "source material" it's an expanded universe of books. The new trilogy isn't an adaptation of the novels.. it's a new trilogy based on the films. I didn't expect them to completely scrap the expanded universe as non-canon.. but if they weren't going to follow it, they kind of had to in a way. It makes it a lot easier and cleaner. New movies, books, shows, all under one storyline. And the most important thing.. more money.

And it's not the same as Marvel making Tony Stark a woman... if the new movies made Luke a woman.. then yes, it's the same :lol: Not following storylines from the books, not doing Thrawn, etc. isn't the same as completely rewriting their original film characters. It's disappointing because there was so much great material out there and who knows... maybe they pull out the best from that and use it as they see fit, but what I've been trying to tell you for awhile.. even if they followed the EU beat by beat, diehard fans could still find something to complain about. The characters wouldn't be exactly right, the writing wouldn't be exactly the same, the action could have been better, etc.

Obviously, this is very disappointing news and I do feel bad for the diehard fans who expected to see the EU on screen. I'm just not surprised and I've tried to warn you that this might happen.. pretty much since the news broke that Disney bought Star Wars. The new trilogy could still be great without the EU.. and there was no guarantee that with the EU they would be better. That's the perspective I've had on the whole situation. Of course, I'm not a diehard EU fan, so I won't be as disappointed as many.. but I understand the frustration.

:lol:

As long as Kotor/Tales of the Jedi and Darth Plagueis isn't touched I'm good.

They were never going to follow the post RoTJ EU. Could you imagine Chewie not being in Episode VII and the audience's reaction to finding out its because some ******ed writer decided a planet should fall on him in some book 15 years ago?

Or that Luke has a son and was married, but oh, his wife was killed by Han and Leias Son who became a Sith Lord and leader of the Republic, but this also happened off screen in a book almost 8 years ago

Nah. People would riot :lol:

The stories aren't gone, they're still there. Marvel and DC do this every 5 years :lol:. Just view it as alternate timelines

I wasn't a big fan of the post ROTJ EU. The Thrawn Saga was great yes, but pretty much anything after the Yuuzhan Vong War to me was trash.

I think they should keep the same names though. Jaina, Jacen, etc. Allows for a new continuity for those not in the know but still gives a nod to the diehards.

Daisy ridley the future sword of the jedi?? :nerd:

:smokin :smokin It's real

Only obvious casting is Daisy Ridley as the Solo daughter.

Serkis probably will do another CG role, hmmmm

Van Sydow and Driver as Sith Master and Apprentice?

And no wife in site for Luke, looking like he kept to the old Jedi ways

Boyega - Gleeson - Ridley = the 3 new leads?

Where does that leave Isaac?

Im just happy we have something concrete to talk about. Now the wait for the title and teaser trailer.

The difference is paying an extra person(s). They care cuz they want ALL the money not just virtually all of it. Probably cheaper (when it's all said and done) to have JJ and his screen writer build off of what's established and then create new ish and then pay a pittance to the authors writing these new books than it would cost to pay all of the authors of the older books.

Also some ppl are just lazy like that. Where they couldn't be bothered to start dealing with new ppl and their agents/lawyers to set up paying them royalties. Also maybe JJ or somebody really involved has an ego and doesn't want to just adapt the books but wants this chance to create something new.

It actually wouldn't be that hard for Disney to make a EU based Spin off, just put it/them under the legends banner like the books. And again, I think they will end up doing this, soon. But to avoid confusion with the sequel trilogy, I highly doubt we'll see adaptions of anything taking place after RoTJ.

They could maybe do the Thrawn Trilogy and Recast the big 3 10 years from now for it, but I don't see them adopting Legacy, Fotj or the NJO.

I don't know what to tell you, you weren't around this thread back then. These quotes are just a few pages, they don't even include NT23 who has battled with me for years in here. (ironically, we are both fine with the new films and don't argue about those)

Chester was the only one who was as pissed as I was. Everyone else was cool with the decision. But they mad now.

There was someone (and I don't know if I grabbed the quote in here or not) who said they could still release EU films under the Legends banner, but I don't think that will happen for a long while sadly. Maybe someday, but I kinda doubt it.

I will say again if I didnt back then that just cuz you read the EU books and were satisified where things went with characters back when they were canon isn't really an excuse to dismiss the laziness and trash ideas in this new sequel trilogy that doesnt directly adapt those books.

Saying you already got your badass Luke in some books doesn't make up for hermit Luke dying of force ghost exhaustion now. Also just cuz you say in your head some of that cool book stuff still happened doesn't change the poor quality of what we're getting now. Cuz books and seeing it on the big screen are too different to compensate for one another.

It's basically what tdogg2k tdogg2k has been doing with the Game of Thrones show and the ASOIAF books for the past 8 years :lol: Yes, the books are better than the show but they're different enough where one conclusion wont make up for the other's poor ending. Cant just say read the books when show turns out like that.

Last edited:
I'm working on the GoT books now, so not ready yet to make the comparison.

My point is I'M fine with both Luke's. God Luke in the books AND hermit Luke in the movies.

Lame is demanding God Luke in the film's. I say it over and over and over, he's ****ing 65-70. What did you folks expect? :lol: He's Obi-Wan New Hope age. It's over. If you wanted God Luke then you needed a recast and 5-10 years after Jedi. 30 years after Jedi told you what to expect.

If he wants God Luke, I'm telling him where to find that.

Mind you, Luke onscreen ain't ****. Farmboy, hopeful, gets his *** kicked in Empire, can't lift his ship, he's nothing. Upgrades in Jedi, resists the Emperor, kudos for that. He was on the floor crying while Palp toasted his ***. He's alive cuz his dad. Period.

30 years later you expected God Luke?!?!?!? Without knowing a word of the books since 91? :rofl:

They went with strong, powerful, but flawed Luke. Different path than he took in those 25+ years of novels. Novels that carried this franchise.

I got his path in books, I get his path in films. Do I AGREE with the path they chose? No, I would have recast and gone younger/stronger and built that path you expected.

Dude really expected Jedi 83 to TFA 15 for Luke to be God like? Really? Why TF would anyone expect/demand that? That's a ridiculous leap.

As it is, they upgraded him big time skill wise. People may not have liked it, but I don't have a problem with the route they went.

Oh yeah, I will also admit we weren't getting that version of Luke with how old Hamil is now. Probably wont be doing a reboot or recasting so not for a long time.

As for wanting a super powerful Luke in this ST I dont think thats much of a leap given we had Yoda.

And again just cuz you got what you got from books doesnt mean others want to read the book version.

Last edited:
I'm only telling Lame if that's what he wants, that's his option. If he wants that Luke, there is a path he can take. If he doesn't want to take it, then he can't really be mad at Disney. Lucasfilm already did what he's wanting.

Yoda was limping around dying. Powerful mind, absolutely. Fighting with lightsabers, no. That's EXACTLY what you just got with Luke. Powerful mind projecting across space, but he wasn't takin on Kylo and surviving with a blade, c'mon.

I will say again if I didnt back then that just cuz you read the EU books and were satisified where things went with characters back when they were canon isn't really an excuse to dismiss the laziness and trash ideas in this new sequel trilogy that doesnt directly adapt those books.

Saying you already got your badass Luke in some books doesn't make up for hermit Luke dying of force ghost exhaustion now. Also just cuz you say in your head some of that cool book stuff still happened doesn't change the poor quality of what we're getting now. Cuz books and seeing it on the big screen are too different to compensate for one another.

It's basically what tdogg2k tdogg2k has been doing with the Game of Thrones show and the ASOIAF books for the past 8 years :lol: Yes, the books are better than the show but they're different enough where one conclusion wont make up for the other's poor ending. Cant just say read the books when show turns out like that.
I was wondering why I was tagged in the star wars thread.

Yo! George Lucas even wears his damn flannel with a suit jacket! :lol: And Air Monarchs or whatever they are.:rofl:

Man I know everybody got their own opinions or whatever but got damn there has to be some kind of mathematical proof that demonstrates that this list is BUNS
there is a lot of people that I know have 7 and 8 at the bottom of their list and I have 3 my second favorite. 7 and 8 are better movies then 1 and 2 but if you ask me I’d rather watch 1 and 2 over 7 and 8 consecutively

After further review

Untimately the prequels feel like Star Wars. The sequels feel like people trying to make movies that feel like Star Wars. Lucas is the missing piece.

Enjoy them all though.
wow this is pretty close to my list

Back
Top Bottom