Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m still mad over Star Wars. It had such potential. Snoke could of been such a good character. An evil behind the scenes similar to Plageuis that took over after Sidious is gone. Had a different vision than Sidious and had the backup plan set in motion etc. Kylo Ren story is so weak too. Literally no explanation of him being dark except that some random pedofile Snoke got to him randomly. It’s such weak overall writing and execution. Got me all randomly heated on a Sunday. I wish they did a Star Wars for kids and one for adults.

I’m still mad over Star Wars. It had such potential. Snoke could of been such a good character. An evil behind the scenes similar to Plageuis that took over after Sidious is gone. Had a different vision than Sidious and had the backup plan set in motion etc. Kylo Ren story is so weak too. Literally no explanation of him being dark except that some random pedofile Snoke got to him randomly. It’s such weak overall writing and execution. Got me all randomly heated on a Sunday. I wish they did a Star Wars for kids and one for adults.

That's the thing. There's sooooo many things bad about the movie but movie defenders waste all their time defending Luke's character because after that, there's really nothing else to defend.

This is probably the best video I've seen regarding the arguments people make for defending the movie. Plus, it's not one of those 30+ minute vids either so that's good.

Alright, I’m a long time Star Wars fan at 44 years old. Here’s my perspective on The Last Jedi...

(1) Overall, the movie was not that bad. I don’t like that Luke’s personality went the way it did, but I can get there. The idea of him going into hiding was cool, they just should have made him go all in fighting at some point.

(2) I don’t understand the whole Luke trying to kill Kylo thing. I could see that this may have been a pivotal moment, and something crazy, but they didn’t concentrate on it enough if that’s what they were going for.

(3) THE ABSOLUTE WORST AND DUMBEST THING in the movie is Lea being blown out of the ship and having some sort of divine intervention to get back in and live. This was just horrible. If they wanted to show her force sensitivity, it could have been executed so much better. When the ship was about to blow, she could have kneeled on one knee and in a split second a force field could have grown around her to protect her. Would have been epic. They screwed up royaly here and made it into such a stupid moment.

Thanks for listening.

All agreed. The real sad thing is that the Force Awakens didn’t go too ridiculous with changing the concept of the Force or the characters. They took some liberties like having a non trained Rey basically beat down a super soldier in Kylo but I gave that a pass for its a movie reasons.

The second the Last Jedi started and Luke threw the light saber away I knew we were in for some liberal hipster let me reinvest and reimagine the universe in my way unique way sort of film. I feel sick thinking about it.

Last Jedi destroyed the Knights of Ren, Snoke, Phasma, Luke and Leai. All to make it a love story between Kylo and Rey. Sickens me.

All agreed. The real sad thing is that the Force Awakens didn’t go too ridiculous with changing the concept of the Force or the characters. They took some liberties like having a non trained Rey basically beat down a super soldier in Kylo but I gave that a pass for its a movie reasons.

The second the Last Jedi started and Luke threw the light saber away I knew we were in for some liberal hipster let me reinvest and reimagine the universe in my way unique way sort of film. I feel sick thinking about it.

Last Jedi destroyed the Knights of Ren, Snoke, Phasma, Luke and Leai. All to make it a love story between Kylo and Rey. Sickens me.

:lol: Who are the Knights of Ren? Who is Leai?

Happy Turkey day to all my niketalk star wars nuts
uVoYCsb.jpg

Possible Plot details and confirmation about second suit.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-macguffin-of-star-wars-the-mandalorian-revealed/
https://www.reddit.com/user/Xyzsvtabc
StarWarsLeaks shared some information from a marketing meeting they attended that may have revealed the McGuffin of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. The information is very likely spot on as the information the poster shared for Star Wars: Episode IX also rang true to things I have been hearing for some time now.

The poster wrote:

I guess the Mandalorian encounters a baby on one of his missions that he is supposed to kill, but instead of that, he ends up saving it and a lot of the rest of the story revolves around their growing relationship and his efforts to keep the child safe and protected.

So is The Mandalorian about the Mando protecting a baby? What was interesting to me about that, was back in late 2017 when I first learned about the series, I was told it was about the heir to Mandalore and the hero was on a quest to restore Mandalore. It makes me wonder if that’s still the great plot of the story or if maybe this baby is the “heir” I assumed was the hero in the Mando suit. When we’ve seen the Mando on set he has something on his back and we theorized it was for his gun and that it was a hinderance so they were going to do it in CG but now I wonder if he actually has a baby strapped to his back Willow Ufgood style.

The poster also mentions the Mando’s armor changing. This is true. I have been told that by Episode 3 of the series, the Mando costume we saw in the official photo is totally different. Basically, the Mando has a full on different suit compared to what we saw in the photo.

Because of the costume change, for the last few months the MSW crew has been scratching its head about this thing on the back of The Mando which we now know may in fact be a child:

Hopefully, his second suit looks more of the traditional Jango Fett looking kind. They're still technically in the same era and Rebels has confirmed those are still the current Mandalorian armor templates. Can't beat a classic design.

Possible Plot details and confirmation about second suit.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-macguffin-of-star-wars-the-mandalorian-revealed/
https://www.reddit.com/user/Xyzsvtabc
StarWarsLeaks shared some information from a marketing meeting they attended that may have revealed the McGuffin of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. The information is very likely spot on as the information the poster shared for Star Wars: Episode IX also rang true to things I have been hearing for some time now.

The poster wrote:

I guess the Mandalorian encounters a baby on one of his missions that he is supposed to kill, but instead of that, he ends up saving it and a lot of the rest of the story revolves around their growing relationship and his efforts to keep the child safe and protected.

So is The Mandalorian about the Mando protecting a baby? What was interesting to me about that, was back in late 2017 when I first learned about the series, I was told it was about the heir to Mandalore and the hero was on a quest to restore Mandalore. It makes me wonder if that’s still the great plot of the story or if maybe this baby is the “heir” I assumed was the hero in the Mando suit. When we’ve seen the Mando on set he has something on his back and we theorized it was for his gun and that it was a hinderance so they were going to do it in CG but now I wonder if he actually has a baby strapped to his back Willow Ufgood style.

The poster also mentions the Mando’s armor changing. This is true. I have been told that by Episode 3 of the series, the Mando costume we saw in the official photo is totally different. Basically, the Mando has a full on different suit compared to what we saw in the photo.

Because of the costume change, for the last few months the MSW crew has been scratching its head about this thing on the back of The Mando which we now know may in fact be a child:

Hopefully, his second suit looks more of the traditional Jango Fett looking kind. They're still technically in the same era and Rebels has confirmed those are still the current Mandalorian armor templates. Can't beat a classic design.
in episode 3 they'll do a face reveal and it'll be this fella
temuera-morrison_85-780x405.jpeg
his costume will then change to this
bobafett-ep6_2g9r.jpg
then Jay's head will explode
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom