Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven’t had the energy to open my DM’s since the other day:lol: But I just read a few of them and people are really letting these scores drive them into a frenzy. Just told them all to chill and just take it easy until they’ve seen the movie.
That’s me right now. I’ve heard all the rumors and all. I’m relax I just want to try and enjoy and I will give my input tomorrow after my showing.

If anything the lower scores are a pushback from not following what Rian Johnson set up in TLJ...Most these places were saying that was the greatest SW film ever made...

Def don’t like the leaks but I’ll still see the film play out before I can break it down in my head...If it’s at least as good as Ep.VII then I’ll be good with it...

Well.....considering I went to an actual devastating funeral recently, I really don't give a **** how you guys feel about this film. I'm goin tomorrow night and I'll judge then, not years in advance like you've done. You can hate watch it all you want, I'll be lookin forward to what's next. Shows, Film, or Animation, it's all available now that the vault is open. :pimp:
condolences. sorry for you and your fams loss. here on niketalk we might fight amongst each other over little things that dont mean **** in reality but we all still niketalk fam and feel for our fellow brothers. I hope every member would feel this way. and seperate the two.

source.gif
that thirst was quenched

I know RT isn't everything but still...I don't think I've ever seen a movie with less than a 60% score that I thought was good. When it's that low, it usually doesn't lie .

Rian won?

This and episode 1 have the worst rt scores

"The Phantom Menace was in the 60% range until its 3D rerelease in 2012. Its score dropped into the 50s with the rerelease.

So upon theatrical release, this is so far doing the worst out of all Star Wars movies."
Some reviews up already...Waiting on more...

TLJ got 91% because it’s some fye.

Rian the gawd

source.gif

Rian Johnson made sure his critic homies brought their Knives Out.

According to them TLJ is a TimelessClassic TimelessClassic . :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anything the lower scores are a pushback from not following what Rian Johnson set up in TLJ...Most these places were saying that was the greatest SW film ever made...

Def don’t like the leaks but I’ll still see the film play out before I can break it down in my head...If it’s at least as good as Ep.VII then I’ll be good with it...

I think this movie will be what ROTS was to the PT. To a majority of the people, at least.
But I also know there’ll be people who’ll take that to either extreme by saying, that’s not saying much. Or will come out saying, it wasn’t as good as I said:lol:

I’m just saying it’s a good enough movie to end this trilogy and if you go in without any mental baggage, you’ll be ok that this is how it ends and will probably find a rather enjoyable Star Wars adventure in there. That’s all I’m saying unless someone wants specific spoilers.

All good Kuya jaypesoz jaypesoz I was just messing with you. Glad you liked the film. :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

For sure, bro:lol: You guys know I don’t take things defensively here. Honestly, it’s the only forum I even talk about SW movies nowadays on since it’s one of the more civil ones.

I’m finally back home now so I’ll be ready to discuss with you guys tomorrow night. I’m gonna be seeing it again at 6pm with the homies so it’ll be nice to get the feel of the GA.

Yeah jaypesoz jaypesoz no worries my G.

Slow day at work so I read some off the negative reviews. Seems like these 'critics' preferred the narrative (whatever the hell it was supposed to be) in TLJ vs. this one which tends to be more popcorn-flick/action oriented. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slow day at work so I read some off the negative reviews. Seems like these 'critics' preferred the narrative (whatever the hell it was supposed to be) in TLJ vs. this one which tends to be more popcorn-flick/action oriented. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t disagree that this is a JJ popcorn flick but like we all know, it’s the best anyone could’ve done for the final movie of a trilogy with no plan. How much someone holds that against this movie is gonna be the part I’m most interested in hearing/reading.

I will say I agree with the Johns saying this was like a four hour movie condensed into 2.5 hours. I’ve always said they should've just did an Ep. 9 and X but they’re so boxed into having trilogies that I know that was never gonna happen, unfortunately.

Last edited:

See that’s exactly what I’m seeing too...These reviews are all complaining that they didn’t lean more heavily on what TLJ did...That tells me they at least tried to get back in line with TFA...

Back
Top Bottom