Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My point was always using 70 year old Han, Luke, Leia, Lando was wrong and fan service. Look at Lame, he was so desperate to see elite Luke. 70 year old Mark Hamill wasn't gonna do ****, stunt man or otherwise.

Look at the Dooku scene I just posted, that **** is terrible. :lol:
I consider Dooku's fighting style elegant. Washed them dudes with ease and made it look cool.

The want for elite level in their prime stuff is ridiculous but like I said I didnt want that. I just expect it to be good for obvious reasons.

I disagree that the Dooku scene is terrible

Kylo vs Rey (first time holding a saber Rey) looked awkward, him vs a 70 year old Jedi would have been worse, imo. At least she (or her double) could move as needed.
The stunt double can move as needed. They're the one that's actually a skilled fencer/swordsman anyway.

Also count me as one not disappointed in Yoda's fighting style either.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Christopher lee did his own stunts in the first duel with Anakin and obi. It was a stunt double in the second with Yoda

wasn’t that the duel where they cut off the power supply and all they showed were close ups of Lee swinging in the dark? :lol:

THIS scene is one of my favorites from the series...

An elegant duel for a more elegant time. People prefer the twirlies now

tenor.gif

That scene on Crait maybe the biggest disgrace of the whole ST. You had all the pieces to make that moment the most epic in Star Wars history. Make Leia come out in front of all the AT-AT walkers on her own as the resistance last stand and have her plead with her son. Have Kylo come out, do a "I've fully turned to the dark side" monologue and have him open fire on his mom and the base. Then you have supreme wizard jedi Luke come out from the shadows and freeze all the blasts as a reference to the only cool thing Kylo has ever done from TFA and reference that Luke taught it to him. Have him come out, bend the legs of all the AT-AT walkers with the force and call Kylo out and have the same set up for their duel, minus the nonsensical "younger" haircut, the cringe shoulder brush and actually have him using the green saber. You keep everything the same and have him disappear and show that he was projecting himself from Ach-to the whole time WITHOUT DYING but just showing immense exhaustion and audiences would have lost their damn minds. Just like that you've made the return of Luke Skywalker worth the wait, you've kept in line with his character of returning to save his friends and family and you probably made another 2 billion dollar Star Wars film again just because everyone would want to see Luke Skywalker at his full potential

That scene on Crait maybe the biggest disgrace of the whole ST. You had all the pieces to make that moment the most epic in Star Wars history. Make Leia come out in front of all the AT-AT walkers on her own as the resistance last stand and have her plead with her son. Have Kylo come out, do a "I've fully turned to the dark side" monologue and have him open fire on his mom and the base. Then you have supreme wizard jedi Luke come out from the shadows and freeze all the blasts as a reference to the only cool thing Kylo has ever done from TFA and reference that Luke taught it to him. Have him come out, bend the legs of all the AT-AT walkers with the force and call Kylo out and have the same set up for their duel, minus the nonsensical "younger" haircut, the cringe shoulder brush and actually have him using the green saber. You keep everything the same and have him disappear and show that he was projecting himself from Ach-to the whole time WITHOUT DYING but just showing immense exhaustion and audiences would have lost their damn minds. Just like that you've made the return of Luke Skywalker worth the wait, you've kept in line with his character of returning to save his friends and family and you probably made another 2 billion dollar Star Wars film again just because everyone would want to see Luke Skywalker at his full potential
It was funny looking seeing Luke use Just For Men for his final moment with Kylo lmao

• Haha
Reactions: ARK

I don't think it was a disgrace, but I'm certainly ok with reworking things in your head and what COULD have made sense too.

But I don't think him being 70+ and a bad *** was gonna work on film. Obi Wan wasn't a bad *** in his final film, he knew he would be more powerful dead than alive.

Kylo had already set up that the projection itself would kill someone, and that's what they followed thru with. Agree or not, I get it, what you reference in terms of freezing the bolts and not dying etc could still have been fun, no argument there.

Honestly, we'd need to see/hear from everyone at Disney, from jump, what was the plan for the old guys? Like I'm positive Han agreed to come back just to die. I know for a fact that's the only reason Harrison agreed to this. :lol: He wanted Han dead in the OG for heavens sakes. But I wonder what they actually had in mind for Luke/Leia, from jump. Were they always going to die? Was there a chance one (or both) could live/save the day? Did they plan for one member to die in each film, like I wish we had a true outline of the plan. Even when JJ first started, what had they told the OG cast their roles were going to be?

Give us a new series based on the Jedi/Sith. This 17 year old cartoon gave us better story, characters and character development, action (I'll give that a pass due to it being easier to choreograph a cartoon), and world building than this new Trilogy did.

Give us a new series based on the Jedi/Sith. This 17 year old cartoon gave us better story, characters and character development, action (I'll give that a pass due to it being easier to choreograph a cartoon), and world building than this new Trilogy did.

Clone Wars and Rebels did as well. The films should be single properties. Leave the animated series to flesh out the lore.

If true and even there being a rumor at all, they're really keeping it under wraps what happened to Ezra and Thrawn.

:nerd:

If true and even there being a rumor at all, they're really keeping it under wraps what happened to Ezra and Thrawn.

:nerd:

I don't know about Ezra, but I GOTTA believe Thrawn hits the big screen at some point. They have to bring that guy's lore onscreen. I just don't know who/when. Outbound Flight era, Rebels era, or post RotJ era? Or even a new one would work if needed.

Honestly, we'd need to see/hear from everyone at Disney, from jump, what was the plan for the old guys?

Off the top of my head, plan was a combination of the following:

---Shameless money-grab from OT purists/enthusiasts by parading the OT characters around (particularly initially for "Star Wars 7") and teasing satisfactory end to their character arcs. ($$$)

---General "member-berries" for anyone who saw the OT. ($$$)

---Each of the trio "feature" in one of the three movies (didn't work out since Carrie Fisher died, as I assume that "Star Wars 9" was supposed to be "her" movie, but I have not seen it).

---Fake passing-of-the-torch to the "new" stars.

---Kill them off so they would not be in future films in the "main" saga (i.e. make it clear that they will not interfere with "new" stars moving forward).

---Make Luke and Han appear "weak"/regress their characters to create fake drama in the Galaxy and create fake opportunities for the "new" stars to excel/"save" them/"redeem" them.

---Boost Leia's powers to make up for lack of power in OT.

ONE EDIT: ---Get the trio in as soon as possible/while they are still alive, as they are getting old.

(Note: Some of these are related. All of these could be expanded upon, and I am sure there are political/societal/cultural reasons as well, but I am not getting into those.)

All of this is pretty clear from "Star Wars 7," which is the only one I have seen. No need to ask anyone.

Main reason is EASY $$$.

TWO EDIT: I'm not from Disney.

THREE EDIT: Referring to the OT trio, not other characters from the PT/OT that were also introduced, but some of these apply to them as well.

Last edited:
would be a perfect fit after return of jedi

have luke and company have to battle thrawn and whats left of the empire

luke vs ezra

ofcourse it would have to be an animated series

1578686657772.png

6 of the Top 18 is pretty great, but MCU with 4 of the Top 9 is freakin crazy.

Franchise as a whole is up over 10+ billion thru 11 films.

1578686773378.png

Back
Top Bottom