Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:

So basically you just hedged every single thing I did. But said I only push for it cuz the EU. :lol:

And Ben/Jacen being Han and Leia's son and turning to the Dark Side, just like the "non-canon" EU and switching to a lesser story of his cousin fighting him makes less sense.

Everyone wants Luke to train his daughter, was Yoda his dad? Was Obi Wan? No, so it doesn't matter or have to be a father/daughter training element.

Facing her own brother (if they went that way) means more than her lifting rocks with her father guiding her. Both sides have merit, both sides have flaws. And like I have said, repeatedly, they can still throw yet another curve at us and really mess us up. (Obi Wan, Snoke, my new Akbar theory that's gaining steam :lol: )

My point in all of it is, I'm good either way. But people that are desperate for her to be Luke's, and saying the trilogy is a bust if she isn't, etc, they're setting themselves up for failure.

Jesus Christ, Lucas didn't even know Luke and Leia were related til the 3rd film or he wouldn't have had them making out. :lol: I assume JJ and crew thought ahead a little better than that this time, but maybe I'm off on that.

but it also would have been really dramatic for Rey to lose her father.. which they missed out on.

Really? Cuz she was right there witnessing it, seeing what would be her brother, killing the father she never had. Which Kylo said in the movie........

One other small guess, hint, etc, her reading the first day between Han and Leia. To me, that was a small sign as well. Again, maybe I'm wrong. Hell, Luke didn't even really need to be there. :lol:

View media item 1991665

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't realize she was really there. 
laugh.gif

Yes, she saw it happen.. but her and we, as the audience, don't know that's her father being killed. That's kind of weird storytelling. You have an inherently dramatic and monumental scene.. and while Rey is there and is angry and upset, it's not the same as if she/we knew. Basically, they don't get their money's worth with that scene.

Again, I don't like playing fan fiction with all of this, and no.. your points are valid, but just be honest.. you do  want as much EU into this as possible so you can be like "I knew it 
wink.gif
"

laugh.gif

And "people" aren't saying it's going to be a bust if it doesn't happen.. that's just lamekilla.. he doesn't count.

I'm good either way too, I just don't think it's as ambiguous as you do.

Last edited:
The lightsaber was people reaching and saying LUKE's lightsaber was calling to her. No, her grandfather's lightsaber was calling her, don't mean it's for Luke.
So that's you pointing out that isn't a clue for Luke being her father. Okay fine

But I'm trying to make sense of there being clues that Rey is Kylo's sister that I did not see in the movie.

Yes, Jacen and Jaina grew up together, along with Anakin their youngest brother. (who I would assume they would never try to introduce him, not worth the confusion it would cause some I'm sure)
See it was easy to assume that cuz for something like your sibling is on the dark side while you're not and you're forced to fight there's levels to the rivalry or animosity.

This does not exist between Rey and Kylo other than maybe Kylo being the jealous emo he seems to be which could be done without them being siblings.

You saying it's bad writing for it to be Han and Leia cuz they don't know this, or they didn't show that, it's the same bad writing to say she got left behind by Luke. Left behind by Leia, left behind by Luke is the same exact writing. :lol: :lol:
I'm saying if it's revealed Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia, Star Wars: The Force Awakens just became piss poor in the script department in several parts of the movie. Just thoughtless bad writing. It's worse than seeing how clear when you watch the OG trilogy that Lucas didn't always plan for Leia and Luke to be siblings due to the incest stuff cuz at least you could call that a drastic red herring by the time we get to RotJ. I mean Lucas decided that path and made it work for the faux love triangle Han thought existed. TFA has nothing going for it in that regard.

It's EASY to simply say they stashed her for protection.
Or another family took her in, moved her, and then were killed, meaning Han/Leia assumed she was dead all this time.
Snoke coulda stashed her (which is why Kylo knows something about her) and they believed her to be dead.

I wrote that in 14 seconds, a fleshed out story could be written over time with ease. No problem at all.
So why don't they recognize her?

My problem is Rey spends time with her parents in TFA and nobody knows except in your scenario, Kylo who doesn't gloat and even mention it before he kills Han.

That is bad storytelling. You have to engage in convoluted scenarios that could've been covered in this movie.

What made the twist great in ESB is nobody saw it coming in ANH despite the fact the whole time we have Luke wondering about his father, got told a lie by Obi-Wan, etc.

This being revealed in the next movie falls flat. Cuz her dad died in the first movie and she aint even know. Most of the next movie is gonna involve Leia not acting like her mother if we assume that isn't revealed right at the start.

This is just bad fundamental storytelling.

JJ tried to keep everything under wraps. We all thought the Jedi was going to be Finn, and they pulled the rug from us. No one knew Kylo was going to be a Solo, pulled the rug. To me, that sets up them doin it again here. Hell, they may not even know yet. Or, maybe they go the easy route and just say she's Luke's. And they'll write a story how she got left behind with no one watching her. *shrugs*
People thinking Finn was the Jedi cuz of promos and not knowing Kylo was a Solo early on is not the same thing as seeing the entire movie where Rey pines for her family coming for her and wanting to be reunited and then it being revealed she got reunited with her family but didn't know it. Nothing said by Han or Leia to imply they lost a son AND a daughter after all this time. Then her dad dies and she's still unaware. Nothing ever clicks.

All the emotional weight for that reunion and mourning a parent's death is gone.

I still think they killed han early. Should have waited til episode 8

Now im expecting either leia or luke to die in episode 8

Wonder what they do after episode 9?

Another trilogy with rey and finn?

The lightsaber was people reaching and saying LUKE's lightsaber was calling to her. No, her grandfather's lightsaber was calling her, don't mean it's for Luke.
So that's you pointing out that isn't a clue for Luke being her father. Okay fine

But I'm trying to make sense of there being clues that Rey is Kylo's sister that I did not see in the movie.

Yes, Jacen and Jaina grew up together, along with Anakin their youngest brother. (who I would assume they would never try to introduce him, not worth the confusion it would cause some I'm sure)
See it was easy to assume that cuz for something like your sibling is on the dark side while you're not and you're forced to fight there's levels to the rivalry or animosity.

This does not exist between Rey and Kylo other than maybe Kylo being the jealous emo he seems to be which could be done without them being siblings.

You saying it's bad writing for it to be Han and Leia cuz they don't know this, or they didn't show that, it's the same bad writing to say she got left behind by Luke. Left behind by Leia, left behind by Luke is the same exact writing. :lol: :lol:
I'm saying if it's revealed Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia, Star Wars: The Force Awakens just became piss poor in the script department in several parts of the movie. Just thoughtless bad writing. It's worse than seeing how clear when you watch the OG trilogy that Lucas didn't always plan for Leia and Luke to be siblings due to the incest stuff cuz at least you could call that a drastic red herring by the time we get to RotJ. I mean Lucas decided that path and made it work for the faux love triangle Han thought existed. TFA has nothing going for it in that regard.

It's EASY to simply say they stashed her for protection.
Or another family took her in, moved her, and then were killed, meaning Han/Leia assumed she was dead all this time.
Snoke coulda stashed her (which is why Kylo knows something about her) and they believed her to be dead.

I wrote that in 14 seconds, a fleshed out story could be written over time with ease. No problem at all.
So why don't they recognize her?

My problem is Rey spends time with her parents in TFA and nobody knows except in your scenario, Kylo who doesn't gloat and even mention it before he kills Han.

That is bad storytelling. You have to engage in convoluted scenarios that could've been covered in this movie.

What made the twist great in ESB is nobody saw it coming in ANH despite the fact the whole time we have Luke wondering about his father, got told a lie by Obi-Wan, etc.

This being revealed in the next movie falls flat. Cuz her dad died in the first movie and she aint even know. Most of the next movie is gonna involve Leia not acting like her mother if we assume that isn't revealed right at the start.

This is just bad fundamental storytelling.

JJ tried to keep everything under wraps. We all thought the Jedi was going to be Finn, and they pulled the rug from us. No one knew Kylo was going to be a Solo, pulled the rug. To me, that sets up them doin it again here. Hell, they may not even know yet. Or, maybe they go the easy route and just say she's Luke's. And they'll write a story how she got left behind with no one watching her. *shrugs*
People thinking Finn was the Jedi cuz of promos and not knowing Kylo was a Solo early on is not the same thing as seeing the entire movie where Rey pines for her family coming for her and wanting to be reunited and then it being revealed she got reunited with her family but didn't know it. Nothing said by Han or Leia to imply they lost a son AND a daughter after all this time. Then her dad dies and she's still unaware. Nothing ever clicks.

All the emotional weight for that reunion and mourning a parent's death is gone.

Naw man, all of what you're saying about it messes up TFA is nonsense.

Was Empire ruined when we found out in Jedi they were siblings? Was it? No, it was not.

And IF they have already fleshed out the trilogy, they could easily have the back story and the next two will add to it. Like really how the Falcon got there. Like they don't recognize her cuz she's 20 and they lost her as an infant. (Her memories being of a foster family that left her on Jakku)

Easy to write that. Easy.

But that's only if that's the approach. Hell, they'd still have to do it for Luke. Clearly they have her back story planned out if they showed us glimpses in TFA.

We'll get our answers eventually and see where they go. Obviously they left it open for debate on purpose.

To me, for my money, fighting cousins for all the marbles doesn't have the same weight as fighting siblings.

Luke fought his father, not his uncle.
Fighting your cousin ain't the same as your brother/sister. IMO.
Hell, Anakin fought his "brother".

The stakes are gonna be on the line at the end of 9, being a cousin has less gravity than her brother.

****, if I wanna get crazy, I have Kylo swing her to the Dark side, opposite Luke pulling Vader back, I swing the pendulum the other way. I tap dance Rey on the edge of darkness only to have her pull back in order to defeat Kylo. Real dark ****. Powerful, powerful stuff.

Less powerful if they just cousins. But thas me.

Naw man, all of what you're saying about it messes up TFA is nonsense.

Was Empire ruined when we found out in Jedi they were siblings? Was it? No, it was not.
You seem to be ignoring WHY I said TFA comes off as poorly written if Rey and Kylo are siblings and they reach that far to explain it.

In A New Hope, Luke didn't unknowingly meet his mother and then watch her die by the hands of Leia. That's why Empire wasn't ruined. Lucas did not make use of bad story telling to do his reveal. He set up the thing with Luke and his dad in ANH and the flipped the character on his head to take the L in ESB. He then waited until RotJ to rope Leia in to it to make her Luke's sister.

It's a whole different dynamic.

And IF they have already fleshed out the trilogy, they could easily have the back story and the next two will add to it. Like really how the Falcon got there. Like they don't recognize her cuz she's 20 and they lost her as an infant. (Her memories being of a foster family that left her on Jakku)

Easy to write that. Easy.
You keep saying it's easy :lol: I never said Bad story telling would be hard to write.

This **** requires in depth thought in regards to your plot and character arc/development as well as forethought for how it'll play in future stories/movies.

We'll get our answers eventually and see where they go. Obviously they left it open for debate on purpose.
That's the thing though. I'm still not seeing anything obviously left open to say Rey and Kylo are siblings.
To me, for my money, fighting cousins for all the marbles doesn't have the same weight as fighting siblings.
This is becoming the crux of your argument for why they're siblings.

I'm not arguing for Rey being Luke's daughter when I say I don't see any hints or clues in TFA that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. Every scenario so far requires things that need to be told and shown to us that happened off screen. To me if that's the case they totally bungled Rey reuniting with her family.

Luke fought his father, not his uncle.
Fighting your cousin ain't the same as your brother/sister. IMO.
Hell, Anakin fought his "brother".

The stakes are gonna be on the line at the end of 9, being a cousin has less gravity than her brother.

****, if I wanna get crazy, I have Kylo swing her to the Dark side, opposite Luke pulling Vader back, I swing the pendulum the other way. I tap dance Rey on the edge of darkness only to have her pull back in order to defeat Kylo. Real dark ****. Powerful, powerful stuff.

Less powerful if they just cousins. But thas me.
Okay I get it you really think siblings make it so the stakes are really on the line even though you're kinda ignoring that to set up a brother/sister fight there has to be depth to it. A bond. A real connection. Not just blood and a name.

If Rey was gone since she was an infant and everybody thought she died and only Kylo found out some time later there is NO stakes to them fighting each other any further than the dark side prevailing. It's just two ppl fighting.

This aint like Anakin who clearly cared for Luke and always wanted to protect his family. This is Rey fighting a brother she doesn't know that killed the father she never knew.

Weak.

I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited:
I still think they killed han early. Should have waited til episode 8

Now im expecting either leia or luke to die in episode 8

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else dies in Ep. 8

I think Han dying will pay off later in the trilogy. They could have capitalized on a more emotional connection between Han and Kylo Ren more, but it was still a pretty emotional moment that really solidified Kylo's path.

It was also another parallel to the other triliogies...Qui Gon died pretty much at the same point of the movie in Ep 1 and Obi Wan died pretty much at the same point of the movie in Ep 4

Last edited:
Is it trueanything before the clone wars isnt canon anymore?

Id like to see another prequel trilogy set before the george lucas prequels

I want to see a prime yoda in action

Is it trueanything before the clone wars isnt canon anymore?

Id like to see another prequel trilogy set before the george lucas prequels

I want to see a prime yoda in action

The original 6 films are still canon of course. Beyond that however, yeah the slate was pretty much wiped clean. Older games, comics, books, and novels are all non-canon in regards to what's currently being done with the franchise and they're creating new material to fill in gaps.

I feel like Luke's way too big a piece of star wars to just brush him aside and have him be the " crazy uncle" character that spends a few months training his niece to go kill his nephew gotta have some more emotional attachment between them so luke can pay it forward and sacrifice himself to save his little girl in episode 9

Back
Top Bottom