Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shared this on my IG last night but wanted to share it with you, bro’s.

Anovos is killing me with their wait times on their OT Trooper helmets. Such a glaring hole no having Snowtrooper and Scout Helmets in here.

Looking forward to adding some of the new ones I’ve seen from Solo too. A few of them look very promising.

20125CAB-E08A-4D22-8BF1-ABAB87B7AF8A.jpeg

Respect, that is such a cool display. Miss being in the Bay Area where had access to equipment & expertise to build. Had no choice but went with Anovos for the complete ATAT Driver and complete SnowTrooper to fulfill Collection goals. Took a look at the timeline:
ATAT Driver-order 1/27/2015, received 5/5/2017.
Snowtrooper-order 12/25/2014, received ????.

Thank goodness I haven't seen a complete First Order TIE Pilot up for sale. Yet.
Finished product is really nice. Encourage anyone buying more prop like goods to do research. The RPF is a good start. Props and costumes are a weird business hobby. Be aware.

giphy.gif

IMG_0030.JPG

Anovos is killing me with their wait times on their OT Trooper helmets. Such a glaring hole no having Snowtrooper and Scout Helmets in here.

Looking forward to adding some of the new ones I’ve seen from Solo too. A few of them look very promising.

Crazy :smokin

looks expensive too lol

I wonder if they will have another series with part of the crew post Ep IV.

Maybe...hopefully?
fingers crossed.

I'm sure half of them will die. The only reason why they're not
prominent in ep.4 (besides the obvious reason that they were written decades later)

Maybe they team up with others? I can see that happening

Nik Sant sighting :nerd:

But yeah, Kanan or Ezra ain't making it out alive. Neither is Zeb. I'll give Sabine is a 50/50 chance.
Zeb for sure is a goner. They can't get rid of Chewy so Zeb is for sure gone.

Ezra's story is interesting... we'll see. I think they HAVE TO get rid of Kanan again for obvious reasons.

Rebels is definitely one of the best Star Wars related stuff to have ever come out.

WOW, that book will be purchased for sure.

Info on that boba fett helmet

Just googled anovos but I don't see that helmet on there.

Last edited:
C'mon son they not gonna cancel a Star Wars trilogy lol

In my furthest imaginings I simply see them giving it to somebody else (LIKE GEORGE MILLER OR THE RUSSOS OR SOMETHING)

Strangely I like that Rian is in complete no ****s given mode on Twitter now.

Had no idea JJ Abrams is directing EP. 9.

How is the final season of Rebels so far?

Had no idea JJ Abrams is directing EP. 9.

How is the final season of Rebels so far?

Rebels has been great. The Mandalorian storyline was top notch. Looks like the closing focus will be on Ezra and Kanan. (Which makes sense) Curious how they tie up Thrawn as well.

That boy Rian a hack. Disney ain’t giving him no Trilogy after this movie bombed in China, that’s too key of a market.

Now Disney is looking at the forced inclusion of Rose as pointless now, just like the audiences did.

I've agreed with you on everything regarding TLJ but you're wildin' to an extent if you think that China numbers are the be all end all. N.America alone can carry SW for at least a decade even if they produce flop movies, videogames and toys in succession.

Yeah that was a really good read honestly. I get both viewpoints - how age changed Luke but also how some are disappointed. I do fall into the disappointed part myself.

That said, I felt if Rian told more of why Luke is the way he is then it would've been more believable for me. In essence, we got just a few minutes of his back story with Kylo's attraction to the dark side. Somehow then you're supposed to put together that he has no faith right after the school is burned down. The disconnect for me is did he immediately just go to the island in despair after that incident? That seems unlikely for someone who had the guts to start up a jedi school to immediately abandon it at the first sign of trouble - Kylo and his bandits. Why then make a map and put it on R2 for someone to find him?

Well JGL made a great point. Rian made Luke’s character more deep. He’s not the same person from ROTJ. That’s about a 30 year gap, it’s less appealing when you have characters like Han who’s still Han in TFA. That’s like a casual approach to attract the casual nostalgic fans. If you’re really into Star Wars(this is not aimed directly to but for to anyone who reads) how are you not interested in the Luke presented in TLJ?? It shows that he’s still developing Jedi, that he hadn’t reached his potential, and he was in fact defeated by snoke through his own nephew. The Yoda scene was the icing on the cake because Luke too exiled, but didn’t know that failure was all part of it until Yoda dropped that knowledge.

What drives me nuts is how fans claimed they ruined Luke’s arc when really they presented an arc so deep that it can be interpreted in many ways. For instance, the map? Why would he leave a map if he didn’t wanted to be found? Well look at it this way. His whole school gets devastated and he’s left with nothing but to exile. Who knows what he had in plan at that moment of devastation? My theory is he exiled to be undetected from the dark side and left clues on where to find him when the going gets rough. But during his period of isolation, Luke contemplates the Jedi way which can be very destructive because there’s always an opposing force hence the destruction of his school and the cost of many lives. So he dwells on failure for years until Rey comes along, hope.

But that’s just my interpretation and they set up an arc for fans to do so. It’s like dude they gave fans an opportunity to create a story, but clearly there’s a lot of people who aren’t interested.

If people have to publish essays "in defense" of a movie, then the movie wasn't good.

"In defense of The Empire Strikes Back"

"In defense of Captain America: Civil War"

"In defense of The Matrix"

See where I'm going?

Now check this

"In defense of The Phantom Menace"

"In defense of Suicide Squad"

"In defense of X-Men 3"

they arent that dense
they know this

Back
Top Bottom