Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point, Solo trailer has to be Super Bowl bound, right? I mean, it'd be a waste to release literally 4-5-6-7 days before the biggest event of the year, might as well drop it in the first quarter somewhere.

At this point, Solo trailer has to be Super Bowl bound, right? I mean, it'd be a waste to release literally 4-5-6-7 days before the biggest event of the year, might as well drop it in the first quarter somewhere.

Absolutely...

Way to close to the game for a random drop...Now IF we don’t get a trailer by then something is super funky...

Finally saw it last weekend.

Was hoping for the best & preparing for the worst.

It wasn't that bad yall. Maybe about on par with the last one. Better than all three of the prequels imo.

A little too much recycling though.

When Luke showed up at the Arctic Rebel Stronghold - I knew he didn't have time for an application of Just For Men beforehand. :wink:
IMO - Luke essentially saved the universe twice; once at the end of Jedi & once at the end of this one.
Would have enjoyed a less passive ending to his story though. The two suns brought me back a long time yall. :frown:

zThe Force (2).jpg

Who else always hears Jabba The Hutt when you hear "Solo?" :nerd:
me!
returnofthejedi-landocalrissian.jpg

When Luke showed up at the Arctic Rebel Stronghold - I knew he didn't have time for an application of Just For Men beforehand. :wink:
IMO - Luke essentially saved the universe twice; once at the end of Jedi & once at the end of this one.
Would have enjoyed a less passive ending to his story though. The two suns brought me back a long time yall. :frown:

zThe Force (2).jpg
definitely a nice ending and I agree on Luke saving the Galaxy by using his brain and
out smarting Kylo who is hyper emotional.

Finn went from “is he a Jedi?” to c3po side adventure
They have made him a character that has no control over what he is doing. He is not responsible for any decisions that affect his life. When he wins a duel it is an accident. His love interest chooses him, not the other way around. Heck she toting him around in a wheelbarrow. He needs to be saved all the time. Hard to get with him as inept as made him be. Was Jar Jar that much of an incidental character?

They have made him a character that has no control over what he is doing. He is not responsible for any decisions that affect his life. When he wins a duel it is an accident. His love interest chooses him, not the other way around. Heck she toting him around in a wheelbarrow. He needs to be saved all the time. Hard to get with him as inept as made him be. Was Jar Jar that much of an incidental character?
Not a lot of characters in Star Wars really held their fate in their hands. Even Luke put his fate on other peoples' hands to succeed.

Seriously, what is this?
Who says it's an accident when he wins a fight? How do you know who his love interest is? Why does everyone ASSUME it's Rey?

And the point you were replying to, "he went from a Jedi to 3P-0" who the **** made anyone believe he was a Jedi? The teaser where he's shown holding a lightsaber?

People are truly blurring the lines between what they feel the character is, vs what is being represented. Finn has been a hero, same as all the other characters. He's fought for his friends, he's resisted the First Order after seeing what they did to a small village, he helped Poe, Rey, and is now a part of the resistance, same as they are. He's fought Phasma, other friends of his, and he was willing to sacrifice himself but someone who loved him stopped him at the last second. This makes him Jar Jar? :smh:

Why didn't we all do this with Han in the OG? He got boarded and dropped his load causing Jabba to hunt him, his ship was a piece of ****, he murdered Greedo, he got tortured by Vader, his own friend betrayed him, his *** had to be saved by a Jedi, so should we just start callin the OG Han Jar Jar now too?

Never even thought of han like that, thanks for ruining that for me. Sheeze, is nothing sacred!

I find none of this interesting.

I wouldn't argue that Luke wasn't made more deep by these decisions but from what I see Luke is no different than Obi-Wan or Yoda who failed and didn't learn from their failures because they just went on to die or sacrifice themselves.

The depth you're claiming is interesting won't be explored at all. What's left is what you've done in the rest of the post which is to ask questions, theorize and speculate on what we already know given what we've learned of Luke's motivations or lack thereof in TLJ.

I'm not against some writing leaving up things for the fan to have fun with cuz that's definitely a part of the enjoyment.

luke’s arc definitely has to be made up with novels. People want to blame Rian but the real problem is TFA already sets the time line of these films and introduces new characters and somehow they’re trying to weave the past and present together, when in reality the main characters like Finn and Rey on paper don’t have legitimate ties to the OT characters which creates a whole mess.

Luke accepting failure and running away from responsibility isn’t deep. The disillusioned Jedi angle is cool, it has meaning. We get it, Luke is scarred, Luke is burdened. But to tell a story that lazy and uncharacteristic? You had Luke Skywalker in your film in 2017 and regressed his character.

He didn’t regress, the man achieved force projection and had the first order shooked believing he was there. His death reignited the rebellion, his death was closure for the OT, and it became an opportunity to explore what else is out their in galaxy.

luke’s arc definitely has to be made up with novels. People want to blame Rian but the real problem is TFA already sets the time line of these films and introduces new characters and somehow they’re trying to weave the past and present together, when in reality the main characters like Finn and Rey on paper don’t have legitimate ties to the OT characters which creates a whole mess.

He didn’t regress, the man achieved force projection and had the first order shooked believing he was there. His death reignited the rebellion, his death was closure for the OT, and it became an opportunity to explore what else is out their in galaxy.

Achieving a force skill that no one asked for nor was ever mentioned in the films until now pales in comparison to Luke the actual character possessing any type of wisdom or showing any type of growth as a character. Luke came out of hiding an owned up to his responsibilities, why is that being applauded as some type of triumph? When has the character of Luke ever ran from his responsibilities or his loved ones? Shoehorning Luke Skywalker just to smear his character and kill him off isn’t a close to the OT. Nobody asked for a new trilogy to contain Luke Skywalker. You center the first film all around him and his story thus leading to expectations and then you’re spiteful because of said expectations. Still don’t understand what they were thinking. I’m positive irreparable harm has been done though.

:lol: I'd probably slap a ***** in real life the way some y'all talking out your neck about some star wars. Reign it in man, it was just a movie.

Cats talking about you too stupid to understand the most basic points on either side of the argument.

Achieving a force skill that no one asked for nor was ever mentioned in the films until now pales in comparison to Luke the actual character possessing any type of wisdom or showing any type of growth as a character. Luke came out of hiding an owned up to his responsibilities, why is that being applauded as some type of triumph? When has the character of Luke ever ran from his responsibilities or his loved ones? Shoehorning Luke Skywalker just to smear his character and kill him off isn’t a close to the OT. Nobody asked for a new trilogy to contain Luke Skywalker. You center the first film all around him and his story thus leading to expectations and then you’re spiteful because of said expectations. Still don’t understand what they were thinking. I’m positive irreparable harm has been done though.

Bro that’s a contradiction. He achieved force projection, a skill so great which rebirth the rebellion. How’s Overcoming the burden of the destruction of his academy, the defeat to snoke, the lost of lives, and the lost of his nephew to the dark side not a triumph?

Terrible decision to have various directors. In that case they should of had Abrams at the helm of this trilogy because he set the tone, and just have Rian run the other trilogy.

But hey there’s still people who enjoy the new films like myself.

:lol: I'd probably slap a ***** in real life the way some y'all talking out your neck about some star wars. Reign it in man, it was just a movie.

Cats talking about you too stupid to understand the most basic points on either side of the argument.

If you ain't kickin it with the righteous TLJ hate squad and you ain't kickin it with the super apologist TLJ anti-plot love club then you can get to kickin these rocks family

You still don't get it.

"Irreparable harm"
BowedCelebratedAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

:rofl: :rofl: dear lord.

It's a shame how the writing decisions (lack therof?) made for Kylo Ren's character do disservice to this man's amazing acting, emotion, and gravitas.
Its making me dislike Driver tbh.

Kylo Ren is such a poorly conceived character.

Thematically speaking, Anakin is a better character.

To me it almost doesn't count if it was good acting for a bad script and lousy story.

Back
Top Bottom