Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a kid I wondered about Yoda's origins. They kept it vague.
And what else was going on during that time?

Perhaps most of the characters these days would be cgi for something like that though, so, whatever.

I liked seeing that Jedi book in the last one.

I’m not as big of a fan as y’all! Just wanna say. When I saw the solo trailer. I cringed hard every time Han spoke. Like it was bad. Really bad.

I’m not as big of a fan as y’all! Just wanna say. When I saw the solo trailer. I cringed hard every time Han spoke. Like it was bad. Really bad.

I'm a fan of the original series including the new ones.
But I didn't see Rogue One & I'm gonna pass on Han Solo spinoff.

What the heck does Johnson's quote even mean?
I want a good Story and dude is talking about essence of how Star Wars made you feel. DaF.

hFACAE4B5

Uhhh, you need to see Rogue, asap. Serious.

100%.
He doesn't even have to watch these new Episodes. Rogue One is must watch. Period.

01-star-wars-trailer-holding.gif

Reactions: ARK
What the heck does Johnson's quote even mean?
I want a good Story and dude is talking about essence of how Star Wars made you feel. DaF.

hFACAE4B5
He had said the same things when he talked about where his head at making TLJ.

So its like either more of the same or its an empty quote by dude and you can't expect anything out of that.

Also its not hard at all to get the raw essence of Star Wars.

Last edited:
See, I don't mind Disney wanting new directors to try different stuff... take the franchise in a new direction and whatnot. I just didn't want to see it happen in the middle of their final trilogy... when they were trying to finish the Skywalker Saga. Save all these changes for the next trilogy/storyline. Having such a sudden shift was too jarring for me.

Pablo Hidalgo was saying on Twitter that Lucas believed Star Wars should be Bond-esque in a way that diff writers/directors could do each film and make each one unique.

The issue Lucas then had was Empire's budget went way over and he stepped back in for Jedi, then didn't relinquish after that.

Like I said, Rogue One has been the only really good Disney SW movie so far. They 1 for 3 right now.

My anticipation for Solo is so low :smile:nerd:smile:, I know I'll come out saying I quite enjoyed it.

But I'm also sure I won't consider it a "win" for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're 1 for 4 after that movie comes out.

Yeah, I have em at 3 for 3 and hopefully Solo surprises everyone.

My guess is people like Solo initially, then a year from now they'll start bashin it. Then we'll narrative it to 0-4 and ready to destroy ep 9. :lol:

Rogue One and TLJ were hits for me. TFA was closer to a miss than hit for me. Maybe somewhere in between

Last edited:
You would think they'd just add some extra choreography to disarm the guard of the other weapon to get around it instead of phantom editing.

Rian “The Hack” Johnson was out of his depth with this film plain and simple. Kathleen wants to double down on her poor decision as confidence in him but I have no doubt in my mind that Rian Johnson’s trilogy will never see the light of day. Especially when Solo’s number’s and ultimately Ep IX’s numbers are low. A domino effect that his bum *** started :smh:

RO - Hit
TFA - Ok
TLJ - Miss

RO- Love you George but we got some new ideas
TFA- Love you George let’s take your idea
TLJ- YOU HAD ONE JOB

TFA was a great film that was intended to bring back all the people that disliked the prequels. It was a OT greatest hits of sorts but it hit the mark and did it’s job.

Rogue one was a great stand alone film. Loved it.

TLJ has been my favorite. Great storytelling, love what they did with Luke after JJ put Rian in a tough spot. Some great moments. The Snoke murder/ throne room fight scene is one of the best moments in all the movies. Loved it’s originality and risk taking, can’t wait for Rians new trilogy.

Solo looks iffy to me. Ford IS solo, and the dialogue I’ve heard from Alden has been cringeworthy. We’ll see.

See, I don't mind Disney wanting new directors to try different stuff... take the franchise in a new direction and whatnot. I just didn't want to see it happen in the middle of their final trilogy... when they were trying to finish the Skywalker Saga. Save all these changes for the next trilogy/storyline. Having such a sudden shift was too jarring for me.

Yes agreed, most of us just wanted a damn sequel to TFA. Disney should take the blame for this as they thought they could apply their Marvel (multiple director) formula to this franchise.

For sure, I think we would have been more receptive to this Rian Johnson style of Star Wars had his first film been the new trilogy.

Still haven't been able to sit through Rogue One in its entirety. I fall asleep or get bored and put something else on every time.

Enfys Nest looks interesting.

Lando looks so bad ***.

Thandie Newton looks terrible with that hairdo. :lol:

Qi'Ra doe. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom