• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CP all throughout this thread:

BE5BCDE5-BB8A-4C9F-964C-05B8406AA8C6.gif

No I didn't because it still felt like Star Wars to me. Since it was between 3 and 4 and set up the storyline for 4. I really enjoyed it. Just enough new stuff but still tied into the old trilogy.

i felt the same way.

Rogue One was different but still felt the same. similar to how the Star Trek reboot felt in 2009

CP, stop trying bro, you can't each them. Let them be bitter about dumb ****.

Star Wars won't die in our lifetime.

Yeah but think about it. We aren't in here talking about Gone with the Wind anymore. At some point generations after us Star Wars will probably be an after thought. Especially if the current movie releases begin to tank. People have a lot invested in the Lucas world and the more its changed and evolves the fan base will too. There is only so much you can do thats new to keep the original fan base intact. In the year 2100, I dont see Star Wars being a thing. Our generation will be gone.

CP all throughout this thread:

BE5BCDE5-BB8A-4C9F-964C-05B8406AA8C6.gif

Same thing could be said for Lame's posts.

giphy.gif

So many options and projects being developed, Star Wars fans can move on to the next one.

I get it, you wanted Luke/Rey to be a thing. We all get it.

Rian had other ideas. He didn't ruin anything.

Solo
Ep 9
Rian trilogy
GoT trilogy
Jon Fav TV show

Books, comics, video games, and countless more projects will come. Fett, Thrawn, Obi, Old Republic, etc.

There is no killing of Star Wars. Luke is dead, Star Wars is not. You're just a fan of Luke. I, and millions of others, are fans of STAR WARS. We're not going anywhere, you are, and that's fine.

Luke is dead and Star Wars is on life support hoping the next movies are hits. Sorry but its true. *To a lot of people.

No I didn't because it still felt like Star Wars to me. Since it was between 3 and 4 and set up the storyline for 4. I really enjoyed it. Just enough new stuff but still tied into the old trilogy.

This must be one of Lame's ghost accounts. :lol:

You loved Rogue One.

ONE film later, Star Wars is on life support? :nerd: :lol: :rofl:

Star Wars lived thru Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and finished strong with Revenge of the Sith. The Last Jedi was better than both of those films.

Life support. :lol:

Rogue one and TLJ are 2 different movies..

2 different directors...

1 of my complaints about TLJ, is the movie doesn't make much sense as the follow up to TFA.. and another complaint being it is the middle film of a trilogy

Movie is weak.. I thoroughly enjoyed TFA and rogue one, doesn't mean I can't still think TLJ was garbage

Yeah but think about it. We aren't in here talking about Gone with the Wind anymore. At some point generations after us Star Wars will probably be an after thought. Especially if the current movie releases begin to tank. People have a lot invested in the Lucas world and the more its changed and evolves the fan base will too. There is only so much you can do thats new to keep the original fan base intact. In the year 2100, I dont see Star Wars being a thing. Our generation will be gone.
I mean it'll just take one new trilogy with a new take in the same universe and same rules to at least be a modern day success.

But if we're all dead 80 or so years from now I don't think it matters much what's still popular. Nothing remains relevant forever.

This must be one of Lame's ghost accounts. :lol:

You loved Rogue One.

ONE film later, Star Wars is on life support? :nerd: :lol: :rofl:

Star Wars lived thru Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and finished strong with Revenge of the Sith. The Last Jedi was better than both of those films.

Life support. :lol:

We share the opinions of the majority. You have to realize CP that you’re one of the few people who actually “like” TLJ. I myself though RO was ok but at the very least it stayed true to George’s sandbox which is why it’s heralded the way it is and will become more appreciated with time. TFA though I hate it now because of what TLJ became it stayed true to George’s sense of wonder and intrigue and was a love letter why we all loved Star Wars. TLJ is a poor attempt by a hack director to recreate the “darkness” of Empire without any of the charm or story cohesion. Lol @ Star Wars living thru Phantom Menace and Attack of the clones. Those films from a merchandising stand point alone may be the peak of Star Wars. If anything they revived Star Wars for a new generation. Certainly more than this horribly uninspired trilogy we’re witnessing unfold in front of us now. A double sided lightsaber is much more recognizable than the cross guard light saber. And the wielder of the double sided lightsaber isn’t related to Darth Vader neither. Go figure.

One of the few..... :lol:

I know you sheltered folks in here talk **** about it, but that doesn't come close to representing everybody. I read people who loved it everyday.

There are valid complaints, or questions, absolutely, but there is no "ruined" Star Wars, or "life support" etc. Ep 9 will be just as big, just as climactic, ghost Luke will make everyone go crazy, Rey/Kylo conclusion will be a huge deal, Leia's final moments (however they do it) will all have fans at full attention, good, and bad.

You aren't making anyone forget how hyped you were Lame. Never happening. You praised Rian/TLJ FOR MONTHS because you expected Rey Skywalker. You're a bitter ex, not the majority.

Ahhh, the tears of overreacting fanboys taste so good.

“Ruined Star Wars”
“Killed Star Wars”
“Star Wars is dying”

:rofl:

I’m all for people defending a movie that they like, but calling this a collective hit (or saying majority liked it) couldn’t be so far from the truth.
A4F9E26D-C7D9-4365-9DC8-3B32576FE3EA.jpeg

Keep fighting the good fight tho, even tho I respectfully disagree with everything your saying :lol:

One of the few..... :lol:

I know you sheltered folks in here talk **** about it, but that doesn't come close to representing everybody. I read people who loved it everyday.

There are valid complaints, or questions, absolutely, but there is no "ruined" Star Wars, or "life support" etc. Ep 9 will be just as big, just as climactic, ghost Luke will make everyone go crazy, Rey/Kylo conclusion will be a huge deal, Leia's final moments (however they do it) will all have fans at full attention, good, and bad.

You aren't making anyone forget how hyped you were Lame. Never happening. You praised Rian/TLJ FOR MONTHS because you expected Rey Skywalker. You're a bitter ex, not the majority.

You don’t have to look into the thread, just take the fact that TLJ made 700 mil+ less than its predecessor and you’ll realize something went horribly wrong. Add to the fact that people were more appreciative of a straight rehash than an original idea and now you really have to come to terms with the fact that the ball was dropped on an unfathomable level. People will go crazy over Ghost Luke and Leia’s final moments? Do you hear yourself right now? :lol: The death of generational idols 40+ years old and not even at the hands of its creator and we’ll have Mary Sue and Vader’s non character developed grandson with only 4 years of movie presence as a replacement but I digress. Trust me, I will never forget how excited I was for this film and it’s director and the future of Star Wars only to be spat on and told that what I held in high regard didn’t matter and that I should “let the past die”. Guess what’s in the past now....Star Wars.

You act like it's embarrassing to not make as much as TFA, the highest grossing film of all time. :lol:

(Domestically)

It's 6th all time, and 9th worldwide. I mean.....yeah, it didn't live up the the return of the franchise. :lol:

Didn't Empire fail to make the same amount as ANH? I guess Empire Strikes Back is a failure, eh? :lol:

If you don't think Leia's final moments will be huge (and you can't fault Disney for it, I mean, she literally is gone.....) I don't know what to tell ya.

I get it tho, you didn't get Rey Skywalker, you're hurt, so you'll stop watching Star Wars now and won't have anything else to say going forward. We'll miss you. :wink:

Oh, no, you'll keep coming back. Oh, you will....

You wanna make a "different" SW movie... take the Rogue One path. It felt quite different from the Trilogy films, but similar enough that it still felt like a SW film. That's the kind of change I would rather see.
I mean that approach would be be the best way out of everything we've seen so far but for a franchise gotta figure out a different ending than killing everybody by the end and then a dope boss attack in th end :lol:

One thing I've kept in mind is since Snoke seemingly isn't Plaeguis they can still bring him in for one of the trilogies and w/e remaining Sith there are.

Back
Top Bottom