Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm hoping the Solo preview is attached to Avengers as well, want to see it on the big screen in a couple weeks.

You act like it's embarrassing to not make as much as TFA, the highest grossing film of all time. :lol:

(Domestically)

It's 6th all time, and 9th worldwide. I mean.....yeah, it didn't live up the the return of the franchise. :lol:

Didn't Empire fail to make the same amount as ANH? I guess Empire Strikes Back is a failure, eh? :lol:

If you don't think Leia's final moments will be huge (and you can't fault Disney for it, I mean, she literally is gone.....) I don't know what to tell ya.

I get it tho, you didn't get Rey Skywalker, you're hurt, so you'll stop watching Star Wars now and won't have anything else to say going forward. We'll miss you. :wink:

Oh, no, you'll keep coming back. Oh, you will....

The gap between ANH and Empire is about 200 mil, the gap between TPM and AotC is about 350 mil.....The gap between TFA and the TLJ.....700 mil. Suffice to say the first film in the trilogy historically grossed more than the second film in the trilogy by about 275 mil. 700 mil is almost triple that amount. A film with Luke Skywalker’s with his first speaking role in over 30 years, puppet Yoda, AT-AT walkers. Why?

I get it though, Star Wars can’t possibly fall off and any clear sign that there’s a leak on the ship sends you into clear denial and everything is gonna be ok because Star Wars is still the biggest franchise in cinema and everyone is excited about the next Star Wars film :wink:

No, no they’re not. Star Wars has lost its hold on pop culture.

DaTXmlwWAAARLyb.jpg:orig

The guy saying The Last Jedi would be "Epic Poetry". :lol: :pimp:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Trailer looks great visually but the central problem persists.

The kid Alden doesn't have it.

Between dude needing acting classes in the middle of filming, firing directors in the middle of filming and having to reshoot a large portion of the film................I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

I’m holding out on judgement on Alden till I see the movie. I think we all have high expectations for anyone trying to replace the OG tho. Gonna be an uphill battle fasho.

I got no idea on Alden, but he's surrounded well. Woody, Gambino, and Qi'ra, and of course Chewie. Hopefully Alden is at least decent.

It's to the point where I feel bad for him,

-the few line deliveries they put on commercials are terrible
-he seems to have zero sex appeal.
-he has to live up to the performance of one of the greatest movie stars in film history.

They set the kid take a massive L. This could be a career ruining turn.

It's to the point where I feel bad for him,

-the few line deliveries they put on commercials are terrible
-he seems to have zero sex appeal.
-he has to live up to the performance of one of the greatest movie stars in film history.

They set the kid take a massive L. This could be a career ruining turn.

But we as fans should understand he's not Harrison. I didn't expect Ewan to be Alec Guinness level, ya know? And he was terrible in Phantom, but great in Sith.

Back
Top Bottom