Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^dam I forgot that VCD's even existed
VCDs were a very popular medium in Asia. I was surprised the Western world never caught onto it.
I guess it was cuz it made pirating them so easy, plus the poor PQ/AQ. But hey, they were cheap as hell.

VCDs were a very popular medium in Asia. I was surprised the Western world never caught onto it.
I guess it was cuz it made pirating them so easy, plus the poor PQ/AQ. But hey, they were cheap as hell.

VHS was cheaper than VCD in North America and then DVD came along and changed everything.

VHS was cheaper than VCD in North America and then DVD came along and changed everything.
For us, VCDs bridged the gap between VHS and DVD. CD-R's were the lifeline of all the pirates back then... software, music, movies, games.
And for legit businesses as well. There were so many legit CD/VCD stores back then. All extinct now. Ahhh... those were the days.

Ooooooooooookkk.. which side is supposed to be positive to you?

I meant that to say Lindeloff isn’t the same person as D&D. I only saw that post so I think I missed the context. Apologies.

But The Leftovers and Lost until the last season were great.

Lindeloff is a MUCH better purveyor of visual medium than D&D.

I meant that to say Lindeloff isn’t the same person as D&D. I only saw that post so I think I missed the context. Apologies.

But The Leftovers and Lost until the last season were great.

Lindeloff is a MUCH better purveyor of visual medium than D&D.

Lost fell apart at the end.. as GOT now is

I was making the comparison and in looking up dude's impd I learned he was behind watchmen, which after being invested in lost, I don't trust dude

Lost fell apart at the end.. as GOT now is

I was making the comparison and in looking up dude's impd I learned he was behind watchmen, which after being invested in lost, I don't trust dude

GOT fell apart immediately following season 4. Everything from casting to the actual show has been a mess since GRRM stopped being involved.

Say what you want about Lost and it’s crappy ending but it was the closest thing to this kind of world event television I’ve seen in my life (I don’t count who shot JR cuz I was a baby) and Lindeloff and JJ abrams conceived of and executed it by themselves and it held up for years. They weren’t adapting (read: copy pasting) someone else’s work. And also again the Leftovers was great.

D&D fell apart the second they lost someone else’s book to draw from. I don’t think it’s even close between them and Lindeloff.

In re: watchmen it can’t be worse than that awful movie but I think super hero comics are just hard to adapt, even gritty ones like watchmen, so I expect it will suck. Then again HBO has been giving him free reign and he weird **** he’s done with their money has paid off so far so it might be worth waiting to see.

GOT fell apart immediately following season 4. Everything from casting to the actual show has been a mess since GRRM stopped being involved.

Say what you want about Lost and it’s crappy ending but it was the closest thing to this kind of world event television I’ve seen in my life (I don’t count who shot JR cuz I was a baby) and Lindeloff and JJ abrams conceived of and executed it by themselves and it held up for years. They weren’t adapting (read: copy pasting) someone else’s work. And also again the Leftovers was great.

D&D fell apart the second they lost someone else’s book to draw from. I don’t think it’s even close between them and Lindeloff.

Lost was great, until it came time to actually answering questions.. like GOTs, it was challenging for a top 5 spot

And like GOT maybe bringing someone else in to close might have been best.. but I'll never forgive dude for believing he had a legit plan going in to answer some of the questions

Lost was great, until it came time to actually answering questions.. like GOTs, it was challenging for a top 5 spot

And like GOT maybe bringing someone else in to close might have been best.. but I'll never forgive dude for believing he had a legit plan going in to answer some of the questions

I think this is fair. And I agree they shoulda brought someone else on to write the endings. GoT notoriously has stubbornly only ever employed 1 female writer on I think like 1 season. I think Lindeloff woulda done well to reach out for help instead of just taking the fan fic “they’re all dead” ending.

I posted this above but I think watchmen May just be doomed to be too difficult an adaptation to pull off on film.

I think this is fair. And I agree they shoulda brought someone else on to write the endings. GoT notoriously has stubbornly only ever employed 1 female writer on I think like 1 season. I think Lindeloff woulda done well to reach out for help instead of just taking the fan fic “they’re all dead” ending.

I posted this above but I think watchmen May just be doomed to be too difficult an adaptation to pull off on film.
From what I've looked up. Lindelof isnt wven adapting the Watchmen comic. He's been offered it before several times and declined cuz he isn't that stupid.

So what he's actually doing is Watchmen 20 years later. The fallout of Rorschach's book going public and Ozymandias' scheme being exposed.

Darth Maul > Kylo Ren

If you're talking Clone Wars, sure why not. If you're talking fight scenes, sure why not.

If you're talking actual movie portrayals and characterization, Darth Maul is literally just a fancy lightsaber and a stuntman.

He's not a character. Funnily enough the original actor got replaced because he got mad they cut most of his lines.

One of the many reasons why The Phantom Menace is trash.

TLJ singlehandedly wasted any type of Kylo Ren potential. We couldn’t get a scene with him speaking to Leia?? Instead we got creepy uncle sneaking into his room at night :smh: :smh: I will punch Rian Johnson in the nose on sight

Nah Kylo getting over his beta-ness and performing a hostile takover to become the Supreme Leader was really the only good part of TLJ

It's silly to complain about him not speaking to Leia because Leia was supposed to have a major role in IX before Carrie passed. Presumably any resolution would have happened then.

Just read the final issue of the 2017 Darth Vader comic run

It flat out explicitly shows us that yes Palpatine is canonically responsible for the creation of Anakin Skywalker.

I am 100% convinced that this will tie into the plot of IX.

Speaking of the phantom menace, the pod race scene remains to this day one of my favorite segments in all of star wars. The cgi, the sound design, the intensity all hold up to this day. I also remember those phantom menace pepsi commercials. I tried to collect all the cans too.

If you're talking Clone Wars, sure why not. If you're talking fight scenes, sure why not.

If you're talking actual movie portrayals and characterization, Darth Maul is literally just a fancy lightsaber and a stuntman.

He's not a character. Funnily enough the original actor got replaced because he got mad they cut most of his lines.

One of the many reasons why The Phantom Menace is trash.

If you wanna base it on strict movie time, you're not wrong.

But Maul has been one of the best fleshed out characters because of the comics and tv shows and it's actually canon, unlike a lot of things so yeah, I have to agree Maul > Light years > Kylo

Back
Top Bottom