Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing a coliseum of Jedi fight > Rey talking to shirtless Kylo
it's statements like these... it really nullifies your points. At least draw a parallel comparison. AoTC is the worst
thing you can ever watch. nope. TLJ > prequels. are you kidding me? I just think you're angry right now and can't
think straight. PREQUELS? REALLY?
1pwwct.jpg

Only crowd reactions in my theater were two people clapping when they thought Kylo turned, and I was in an IMAX theater so I'm sure a fair share of die hards were in there. End of movie people got up and left, no claps or standing or anything. No laughs at any of the jokes in the movie. My brother is a bigger Star Wars head than me and liked it more than I did but it is kinda crazy seeing how polarizing the response has been.
WOAH. that's insane! Maybe on my third viewing it'll be a different control group. damn this movie is splitting fans right in the middle. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

when you watched the film, you left the theatre mad/unhappy?
all the screenings I've been to people were giving standing Os.
Not that it's a measure of anything, but there was nothing but love
in both screenings.

I went to a midnight screening full of people and nobody came out with the same enthusiasm they had before the movie start. Even after all this time the “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away” and the Star Wars logo pops ups gives me chills. Everyone was cheering their *** of and clapping....broke my heart knowing they had no idea the garbage they were about to see. Needless to say their were so many moans and “what?!” during the movies most memorable moments such as super leia and cum milk Luke.

it's statements like these... it really nullifies your points. At least draw a parallel comparison. AoTC is the worst
thing you can ever watch. nope. TLJ > prequels. are you kidding me? I just think you're angry right now and can't
1pwwct.jpg
exactly what I mean by people bashing the prequels. The prequels despite the terrible acting have a better story and more action. I’m not saying they are better movie. Revenge of the sith is better but the last Jedi makes you say wtf is going on

I thought Yoda fighting Dooku in AotC was terrible, terrible, terrible.

But Yoda fighting Sidious in RotS was pretty bad ***. I thought that was done much much better.
Dooku fight to me was better. Video game Yoda and Sidious took me out of the movie.

Anakin vs Obi Wan is GOAT.

1pwwct.jpg

Yoda fighting with a lightsaber > Yoda telling you that your favorite books aren’t page turners

The story for Revenge of the Sith should've been the entire prequel trilogy instead of being crammed into one film. It would've been a good story if it wasn't so damn rushed. 90% of the first two movies were pure bull @#$@

The story for Revenge of the Sith should've been the entire prequel trilogy instead of being crammed into one film. It would've been a good story if it wasn't so damn rushed. 90% of the first two movies were pure bull @#$@

I've argued that since the day this thread was born. :lol:

when you watched the film, you left the theatre mad/unhappy?
all the screenings I've been to people were giving standing Os.
Not that it's a measure of anything, but there was nothing but love
in both screenings.

I live in NYC watched opening weekend, the loudest the theater got was during the opening crawl/Lucasarts logo. This movie was a major letdown.

Yoda fighting with a lightsaber > Yoda telling you that your favorite books aren’t page turners

See, we gettin somewhere here.

Yoda, ESB Yoda, RotJ Yoda, he wasn't jumpin around with his saber, he used his mind and backwards speaking to make his points. That was the essence of Yoda, the strength/wisdom of him. The quirkiness of him. Page turners they were, was PERFECT. And him being dead, and still having the power to blast that tree into flames was yet another example of incredible strength in the Force. That scene was flawless. That showed everything Yoda was in a single scene.

You were happy to see him jumpin around like a mexican jumping bean screaming while he "dueled" with a dude 6 feet taller than him? :lol: :smh:

You're just wanting action action action, no care or need for their intelligence, or what they've learned, or growth, or any of that. You just wanna see lasers and lightsabers, nothin else. You really thought Luke was gonna fold some legs of those At-At's on some Force Unleashed mess, when NO Jedi is truly capable of taking down that entire force by themselves, on foot. That's a pointless want/desire, but one you're using to trash the film because it didn't give you your lineage prayer the last 2 years.

People clapped at my showing

i just get up and go

I've been to 3 showings, people clapped multiple times in each screening. The first in the Throne room when Rey catches the lightsaber, the second during the final credits.

And people laughed throughout.

People actin like the whole theater sat on their hands stonefaced the whole time now. :rolleyes :lol:

See, we gettin somewhere here.

Yoda, ESB Yoda, RotJ Yoda, he wasn't jumpin around with his saber, he used his mind and backwards speaking to make his points. That was the essence of Yoda, the strength/wisdom of him. The quirkiness of him. Page turners they were, was PERFECT. And him being dead, and still having the power to blast that tree into flames was yet another example of incredible strength in the Force. That scene was flawless. That showed everything Yoda was in a single scene.

You were happy to see him jumpin around like a mexican jumping bean screaming while he "dueled" with a dude 6 feet taller than him? :lol: :smh:

You're just wanting action action action, no care or need for their intelligence, or what they've learned, or growth, or any of that. You just wanna see lasers and lightsabers, nothin else. You really thought Luke was gonna fold some legs of those At-At's on some Force Unleashed mess, when NO Jedi is truly capable of taking down that entire force by themselves, on foot. That's a pointless want/desire, but one you're using to trash the film because it didn't give you your lineage prayer the last 2 years.

Or more like I got to visually see why Yoda was this Jedi Master as opposed to characters in the OT just saying he was one. As much as I loved classic Yoda in this film he was in it for no other purpose than nostalgia. He convinces Luke to save the day huh? Cause Luke Skywalker never wanted to do that in any film before huh?

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800970/vice-admiral-holdo-maneuver-the-last-jedi

I didn't even want to mention this because it clear to me; the second the light speed suicide run it happened star wars space combat no longer makes sense.

If jumping to hyperspace really can slice a ship like that why wouldn't you just have tons of smaller ships making suicide runs? How come people aren't doing this all the time?

The moment was cool so I ignored it's larger implications for the star wars universe. But thinking about for any period of time makes the fanboy in me cry out in rage. :lol:

Are ANY of these characters that likable/interesting?
Kylo Ren might be the most interesting star wars character of all time.
Finn is a great one too, stormtrooper turned rebel die hard.
Poe is a nice balance of flyboy and leader.
Rey is our mysterious hero, we know nothing about her which makes it even more interesting.
BB8.

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800970/vice-admiral-holdo-maneuver-the-last-jedi

I didn't even want to mention this because it clear to me; the second the light speed suicide run it happened star wars space combat no longer makes sense.

If jumping to hyperspace really can slice a ship like that why wouldn't you just have tons of smaller ships making suicide runs? How come people aren't doing this all the time?

The moment was cool so I ignored it's larger implications for the star wars universe. But thinking about for any period of time makes the fanboy in me cry out in rage. :lol:

They officially put themselves in a hole. RIP to dogfights and any type of threat a star destroyer poses.

. It's not a perfect movie, there's always going to be issues in the writing, plots, pacing, etc., but I still loved what they did and the direction they went.
agreed. I didn't need Luke fighting Ren. Did I want it? Absolutely.
But let's face it, Kylo would've just leveled up and killed Luke.
You want Luke to die in the hands of Kylo?! If so, I think it's
just crying for crying's sake. Don't get me wrong, I get that at the
end of the day it's still preference based. But that's all it is, a preference.
Doesn't make it a bad film.

Before that light speed suicide hit happened I thought Laura derns ship was going to transform into a giant robot and pull a huge laser sword out and cut snokes ship in half.

That would have been the ******* Ice on the cake loooool.

I went to a midnight screening full of people and nobody came out with the same enthusiasm they had before the movie start. Even after all this time the “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away” and the Star Wars logo pops ups gives me chills. Everyone was cheering their *** of and clapping....broke my heart knowing they had no idea the garbage they were about to see. Needless to say their were so many moans and “what?!” during the movies most memorable moments such as super leia and cum milk Luke.
damn. that really paints a different picture. wow. if anything, after rewatching the movie it just solidified that I loved it. Maybe when you rewatch it, it will solidify that you dislike it.

An X-Wing isn't going to cut a Dreadnaught down. A Y-wing isn't going to cut a Star Destroyer in half.

She flew their fleets largest ship, into another large ship. Those ships don't grow on trees. But she did it as a last ditch effort, not a way to "beat" the Empire, or First Order.

That's a pointless want/desire, but one you're using to trash the film because it didn't give you your lineage prayer the last 2 years.
Also, this is all canon now. Everything we theorized for 2 years set up our expectation to get something SPECIFIC.
That is all OUR faults. Disney didn't ask us to fashion our own story, but such is the curse of fandom. Even GoT
gets bashed ALL THE TIME, are they good? Yes. Are they direct book translations? No. I know it's a different case but
the point is, even the gorgeous GoT episodes get hated on just because "I wanted something else".

Objectively, this isn't a bad film at all.

hayden christensen's AWFUL acting ruined this movie. natalie portman was trash interacting with him too. dialogue was horrible.
there were some great scenes and visuals though (bouncing yoda fight was not one of them).

Agreed man, Hayden was terrible. Another thing was that Natalie was significantly older (in the film and real life) and she also actually interacted with him as a kid in TPM which further made their 'romance' in AotC & RotS even more cringeworthy.

Back
Top Bottom