Statistics UNAPPRECIATION

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Why would you need to know statistics for journalism? Well, if you ever write a piece on anything involving data, you're going to need to know statistics. Statistics are used for any given data set. Such is life.
OP you need STAT specifically for Journalism? I'm assuming he doesn't need STAT specifically, but just a math course to satisfy his general stuff.

Usually it's either STAT or College Algebra no?
Yeah its just to satisfy General Education, but I think all of those courses are useless because they dont help me at all, save English 300 (College Level English)

heavenlee777 Im in STAT300 (Introduction to Statistics)

Why would you need to know statistics for journalism? Well, if you ever write a piece on anything involving data, you're going to need to know statistics. Statistics are used for any given data set. Such is life.
OP you need STAT specifically for Journalism? I'm assuming he doesn't need STAT specifically, but just a math course to satisfy his general stuff.

My answer is still valid regardless of what part of his degree the course actually satisfies.

My answer is still valid regardless of what part of his degree the course actually satisfies.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Why the hell do I need Statistics for a Journalism major anyway?
indifferent.gif
I don't give a damb about standard deviations, population means, Sigmas, Z-scores, standard error of the mean, proportions or the rest of that %!@%. This class moves WAY too fast in the summer man. I'm done with this, its for the birds
/rant
Are you seriously asking why? Journalists need to study stats, they are far too often tricked by them and they, in turn, mislead the public.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Why the hell do I need Statistics for a Journalism major anyway?
indifferent.gif
I don't give a damb about standard deviations, population means, Sigmas, Z-scores, standard error of the mean, proportions or the rest of that %!@%. This class moves WAY too fast in the summer man. I'm done with this, its for the birds
/rant
Are you seriously asking why? Journalists need to study stats, they are far too often tricked by them and they, in turn, mislead the public.

I was a journalism major. They required one math course, so their default is an intro stats class. I tried my hardest and still got a C.

I was a journalism major. They required one math course, so their default is an intro stats class. I tried my hardest and still got a C.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

roll.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

roll.gif

Statistics > your life
Real talk, if I could go back in time, I would have double majored with stats. 

Statistics > your life
Real talk, if I could go back in time, I would have double majored with stats. 

Stats > Calculus. I hate this damb class. I hate math all together, but whatever.

Stats > Calculus. I hate this damb class. I hate math all together, but whatever.

mfw I took stats in high school and I don't have to take no math classes no more.
images

Spoiler [+]
Psyche 
indifferent.gif

mfw I took stats in high school and I don't have to take no math classes no more.
images

Spoiler [+]
Psyche 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom