Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

It's only Wednesday night, but I feel so sluggish from what I've eaten all week (currently on Spring Break). The thing is, I haven't even had a lot to eat. I feel like all my ab workouts have gone to *$+% since the start of this week, hate this feeling. Hope it's just in my head
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Just had probably the best workout ive ever had so far, tore it the $+%@ up
pimp.gif
I love when I have a workout like that.

You know what else I love? Wearing a wife beater on Chest/Shoulders/Bicep days. I feel like I look so much bigger than I really am
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

noob question: fell off the horse and havent worked out for a couple months, ive always wondered this though... Just started working out again and im sore as ##!@, after ive gone for like a couple weeks or so though im not as sore as i would get say the first week. am i not gaining as much muscle like the plateau effect or is my body just getting used to working out again?

cliffies: does no pain = no gain?

^ Jordan Novice it seems your forearms are not up to par with your upper body IE: biceps, triceps, etc. I suggest target workouts for your forearms; therefore, you will be able to work out your upper arms to THEIR failure.~

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

^^ I don't think I'll ever get to the point of wife beater status ... SMH
you seem to workout a lot, dont quit
laugh.gif

and dont be so insecure, doesnt take much to look good in  a wife beater

^ nick0lis if you are doing the same routine, yes your body is getting use to your work-outs again. It's quicker this time compared to the first-time around because of "muscle memory". After you get back into the habit of things, just remember to have some type of variations to your routine work-outs if you do not want to switch the whole thing up later down the road,~

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Jordan Novice it seems your forearms are not up to par with your upper body IE: biceps, triceps, etc. I suggest target workouts for your forearms; therefore, you will be able to work out your upper arms to THEIR failure.~
That's a shame
ohwell.gif

I thought my forearms just get gradually stronger as I continue to work out, and everything kind of evens out by itself.
So there's nothing I can do besides just working out only my forearms? I did it for a good few months a year or two ago. I had hand grips, but stopped because I lost them.
That's why I'm kind of surprised as well, I thought my forearms would be at least decent.
There's nothing else I can buy or use?

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

^^ I don't think I'll ever get to the point of wife beater status ... SMH
you seem to workout a lot, dont quit
laugh.gif

and dont be so insecure, doesnt take much to look good in  a wife beater
I used to look at dudes who were relatively jacked and think "it's only about 6 months of hard training and good nutrition to achieve that"

Seven months later... 
laugh.gif

I'm keeping at it since I'm so submersed in this lifestyle but it is rather unmotivated to know my genes have everything to do with how slow progress is coming.
Training for me might have to be put on hold for the summer too.. I'm headed to work on a rig, 2 weeks out 1 week in town so I won;'t be in the gym very often.

^ Jordan Novice, Either that or your doing your arm exercises in the wrong form or lifting too much weight. But in the case of just your forearm muscles, try googling forearm workouts. Look for primary muslce workouts not secondary such as preacher's curls.

Your forearm muscles will progression if they are being hit as a secondary muscle group; however, the results will not be the same compared to primary workouts. You kind of want to even it out since, you are working your upper arms you need a "good" forearm muscles to balance the weight. ~

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

toast1985, are you dehydrated?
No, I usually take a swig between reps. I am well hydrated I would say.

Looking throughout Google, some say it may be a lack of potassium in my diet. I sometimes eat a banana before my workout, but I am going to make sure I have enough before I work out.

how often you working them out , might just be over training . Mines get sore to the point some times i can crunch any more 

Can anyone recommend a good CORE/AB/LOWER CHEST workout?

I've been tryna clean up on what I've been eating but the past two days I've been slipping up HEAVY.

any of you guys ever get a girl to spot you? this one girl at the gym is pretty strong. helped me with 215lb decline bench. or do you guys only ask dudes?

[h3] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Deadlift maxed out at 425lbs today, added 15 pounds to my previous PR!!!!
pimp.gif
[/color][/h3]

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

any of you guys ever get a girl to spot you? this one girl at the gym is pretty strong. helped me with 215lb decline bench. or do you guys only ask dudes?
roll.gif

I was on the flat barbell bench, and I was trying to get my last rep in and was kinda struggling with it.. But, I was eventually going to get it... then out of no where this girl jumps in and spots me with the rest..

canola oil is a $#$%@. I ate some beef at my relative's house and I thought to myself what kind of oil do they use? I asked them they said canola and that they just put a *%+@ load of canola on the pan and fry the beef. No wonder my aunt is... nvm. That thing was 120 calories per Table spoon with like 14 grams of fat. That #+#%%+ me over so bad especially since I'm trying eat to in a deficit.

canola oil is a $#$%@. I ate some beef at my relative's house and I thought to myself what kind of oil do they use? I asked them they said canola and that they just put a *%+@ load of canola on the pan and fry the beef. No wonder my aunt is... nvm. That thing was 120 calories per Table spoon with like 14 grams of fat. That #+#%%+ me over so bad especially since I'm trying eat to in a deficit.

ALWAYS use olive oil... i mess with the extra virgin for everything

sometimes when i lift very heavy my hands hurt...whats wrong with me

i'm building up calluses' on my hands so thinkin about coppin some gloves, try that out or work on wrist exercises for more strength/balance

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Jordan Novice, Either that or your doing your arm exercises in the wrong form or lifting too much weight. But in the case of just your forearm muscles, try googling forearm workouts. Look for primary muslce workouts not secondary such as preacher's curls.

Your forearm muscles will progression if they are being hit as a secondary muscle group; however, the results will not be the same compared to primary workouts. You kind of want to even it out since, you are working your upper arms you need a "good" forearm muscles to balance the weight. ~
I don't think I'm lifting too much, some days my forearm hurt more than others. And sometimes I can do more reps. I sometimes think I may be gripping the weight improperly. My right forearm always tends to be more sore than my right one. I even think I could be losing some blood circulation to my arm, not sure if that could even be possible.

Edit - Also, when I do bicep exercises, I usually do dumbbells instead of curl bar. Whenever the weight goes down after each rep, my arm is just sort of hanging there, and I feel an intense burn on my forearm

Just got back from the gym about an hour ago. Feels good I must say. I'm usually in their for only 45 min for lifting and 10 min for running...BUT today I upped it since I was by myself. 1 hour lifting and 10 minutes running. I feel soreness coming already.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

canola oil is a $#$%@. I ate some beef at my relative's house and I thought to myself what kind of oil do they use? I asked them they said canola and that they just put a *%+@ load of canola on the pan and fry the beef. No wonder my aunt is... nvm. That thing was 120 calories per Table spoon with like 14 grams of fat. That #+#%%+ me over so bad especially since I'm trying eat to in a deficit.

ALWAYS use olive oil... i mess with the extra virgin for everything

sometimes when i lift very heavy my hands hurt...whats wrong with me

i'm building up calluses' on my hands so thinkin about coppin some gloves, try that out or work on wrist exercises for more strength/balance
im talkin about like the bones in my hands. just stay hurting.

Back
Top Bottom