Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

For those here that are trying to lose fat I would suggest trying a reverse diet for a week to see how it works for you. Something spurred me to try it this week and I actually felt better in the morning and I weighed myself every morning and I found that I lost some weight and just from looking at myself in the mirror...from the looks of it I would say I lost a bit more fat with probably very slight muscle loss.

What I did was I basically had dinner for breakfast (Pasta, black beans, some lamb or chicken, asparagus, broccoli) and I continued this reverse pattern through the day where at night I had breakfast (flax cereal, 1% milk, 2-3 egg white w/ half a yolk, and some orange juice) Mind you I had it about 2-3 hours before bedtime.

I would say give it a try.

i made a post not too long ago saying i had low test. 191 out of a range of 280-800. I basically have the test of a 80yo man lol. Either way i still gain well. I got my testosterone tested because i suspected something was wrong years ago after a superdrol cycle (pro hormone). Just felt like *$#$ alot, irritable, tired etc...like when women are pms'in. The doc was trying to not get me tested because of my age blah blah plus insurance companies would rather not pay for things they dont feel is neccesary. Actually, docs will purposly not try and find a problem with you becuse it may become expensive to treat. Anyway, got my labs back, and like i suspected, low test. Im actually suprised i have any sex drive or can even put on size with that low of test but i guess thats where genetics comes in. I have an Endo appoinent in 2 weeks and hopefully ill be put on TRT (testosterone replacement theorpy). So basically ill be put on steroids for the rest of my life
smile.gif
. Which is what i was hoping for when i got old(er).
Ill prob vouche for some test and HGH when i get older unless they come out with
Something better.

so a SD cycle messed up up that bad? i took SD a few years back and that stuff had horrible sides even with a proper PCT. shut down, back acne.  after that i didnt mess with PHs anymore.
hopefully they dont perscribe you that test cream crap. 

IICEMAN83 you know anything about H drol?  supposed to be a clone of the OG halodrol. some compair it to var?

been on a pretty damn strict 4 day workout plan since janurary, with lots of cardio from hoops only. also a strict diet and i'll post the beginning pics and current soon.

so much damn change i felt nasty after getting back from a week vacation for spring break... lifting is just addicting! maintained about 160-165 pound body weight and just going for super lean

FilthyRich- i dont even wanna mess with orals anymore. Too much stress on the liver and kidneys. Ive had high kidney values that im trying to stay away from.

Im deff goin for the injects but some docs try to push the cream to get more paper. Def not tryna get the pellets under the skin either.

Ive seen halodrol and hdrol floating around but i would rather the var.

Ah so you have messed with ph's.

Anyway I had a really good workout today. I think I'm inally feeling the effects from thr bioforge ql oat two weeks in. I gained about a pound. Maybe lost a small piec of fat from somewhere too. Come may 1st I should have gained four more lbs hopefully.

Man....putting on muscle has made it buttloads easier to keep the fat off. It's a win-win situation!My eating habits have been #!@+ lately but the fat gain has so far been negligible....I weigh the same 2 weeks ago during spring break as I do now.

I haven't had any supplements for about 6 months, but I was thinking about starting back up. I used to just take a multi and whey, but I've been reading about how good fish oil is for you. Should I add that as well? Anything else anyone could recommend?

^Tell me about it. Binge drinking and then a #4 was all it took to have me waking up looking/feeling disgusted with myself this morning. It's ******ed because everyday I've lifted this week, it was followed by a night of drinking.

Just tried some Myofusion. Probably the best tasting protein I've had so far. Reasonably priced as well. Highly recommend it.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Joe Camel probably winding down his coke binge, waiting to get back into the gym so his heart doesnt explode.
dude ive been getting way too #%%%%$ up

no mas, gotta get healthy again

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

toast1985, are you dehydrated?
No, I usually take a swig between reps. I am well hydrated I would say.

Looking throughout Google, some say it may be a lack of potassium in my diet. I sometimes eat a banana before my workout, but I am going to make sure I have enough before I work out.

how often you working them out , might just be over training . Mines get sore to the point some times i can crunch any more
Thats the thing, it first occured like a month ago. I cramped out when I was working them out about 3-4x a week. Then I gave it a rest for a while, and tried it again Saturday, and spazzed out again.

I experienced this too. I'm getting working myself back into the gym after about a 2-3 month lay-off.

And when hitting sit-ups, I got lower abdominal cramps. I had to spark one up to get the pain to subside
pimp.gif

joe cam, we need you up in this thread brah. stop doing lines and get back to benching 1,200 lbs.

i will try to have a progress pic up on my avy next week. i ate too much licorice today though. it's just so effing good, man.

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

anybody in here on cross.fit type workouts?
theres one near my house....like literally 2 blocks....looks interesting....i wanted to sign up....but its like 400 for like 3 months
think i'll just stick to regular

Vancity does Crossfit.
I like the idea behind it, but I just don't enjoy those types of workouts. Also, I enjoy working out with minimal equipment and based on my own feelings. It's a great way to build overall performance, but you'll never excel at any one thing(olympic lifting, gymnastics, sprinting, etc.) because it's a mix of everything.

Question for the experts:
I put on more muscle than I wanted during my bulk this year. So for my cut should I only do cardio or is that a bad idea?? I was thinking of doing cardio only for a month to see how I'll feel. Let me know if I should go thru with this. Thanks

^ nah ull lose a lot of mass

if you want to keep most of your muscle just follow the same routine, high reps, and more importantly, lower your calorie intake

cardio is good for off-days if you want, it's not necessary though

i wanna run but havent because of these darn shin splits... im still losing a good amount of fat though

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to lower the weights and increase the reps. I have a protein shake (wuth mixed berries) before my lifting workouts and another after. Should I cut this down to just a shake after my workout? My lifting workouts are about 45 minutes long and intense with short, timed breaks

^ you're good...

protein pre-workout is not a good source of energy... just set-up your carbs around your workout.. it's ok to eat a small meal a little while before you workout

post-workout shake is the only real necessary shake imo...

saves me money

keep it short and intense like you said to burn the most calories

you're good to go though. let us know about your progress

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Vancity does Crossfit.
I like the idea behind it, but I just don't enjoy those types of workouts. Also, I enjoy working out with minimal equipment and based on my own feelings. It's a great way to build overall performance, but you'll never excel at any one thing(olympic lifting, gymnastics, sprinting, etc.) because it's a mix of everything.
I like the high intensity principles behind crossfit, but what I don't like is that usually it's just your average joe who's putting together the WOD, and not a trained professional.  Also, because the goal is often to finish the reps in the best time possible, there's often a total disregard for proper form and safety, which sells your body short in terms of workout effectiveness, results, and injury risk.

Back
Top Bottom