Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

almost end of the month. progress time.

anyway, intrabolic on wheycheap tomorrow. blue rasberry flavor for those that are interested. i want to piitb 2 or 3 times.

alien.gif

anyways, someone just told me their ke to success (supposedly) was a during-workout shake of 50g protein and 60g straight up dextrose which is straight up corn sugar.

his words: "Some people argue that sugars are sugars, but that's just stupid. Ifyou want the simplest carbs, get em, because they will be absorbed muchfaster."

thoughts??

Well carbohydrates should have a higher ratio compared to protein post-workout so hes right.  Dextrose is a simple sugar, and essentially glucose which is what all sugar eventually breaks down to so in theory everything he says is correct.

Now the effectiveness of it DURING a workout is debatable, but the idea behind his logic is solid.

Also, it appears as though ill be going to grad school in the fall for exercise science.  Pretty excited about it.

Progress Pics:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

Current Weight: 167.6

Height: 5'7"

Beginning Weight: 195-@#%

Beginning Date: Around November 2009

This was after the end of the 2nd week of my low carb diet. 

I still have fat on my belly and love handles but I'm liking the progress so far.

Here's the guideline I'm following:

http://www.bodybuilding.c...rmation-micah-massey.htm

(I followed his workout routine but did the Max O.T way. 4 sets of 4-6 reps at max weight)

If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Also, it appears as though ill be going to grad school in the fall for exercise science.  Pretty excited about it.

Damn homie, congrats! You're gon be doin big things
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Progress Pics:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

I still have fat on my belly and love handles but I'm liking the progress so far.

(I followed his workout routine but did the Max O.T way. 4 sets of 4-6 reps at max weight)

I don't see any progress pics homie?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Progress Pics:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

nerd.gif
click the spoiler 

Progress Pics:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

nerd.gif
click the spoiler 
Lol I did..

So wait, those are pictures of you now or where you are starting from?
grin.gif

wow, i must say JACK3D really gave me the boost i needed
eek.gif

i took 2 scoops, and the stuff aint half bad (tropical punch, also lemonade is available)

def got me hyped up
laugh.gif

Progress Pics:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

nerd.gif
click the spoiler 
Lol I did..

So wait, those are pictures of you now or where you are starting from?
grin.gif
It's still not showing? its working for me.
and thats current. I cant find a before pic cuz my old laptop broke down on me and thats where I had all my stuff from last year stashed

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

i know theres oodles and oodles of respondes... but this thread has become too big to search.

what's the cheapest protein on the market? ive always avoided supplements... but now that i have a 30 minute drive from the gym before i get home... its hard to get any protein immediately after my workout.

nerd.gif

i know theres oodles and oodles of respondes... but this thread has become too big to search.

what's the cheapest protein on the market? ive always avoided supplements... but now that i have a 30 minute drive from the gym before i get home... its hard to get any protein immediately after my workout.

nerd.gif
MGN protein is good and cheap. ice cream sandwich is my fav...

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/muscle-gauge-protein-blend.html

Gatorad3 & Laced up I peeped the progress pics and you dudes is getting there. Nice work.

Gatorad3 I just peeped the MGN link and it's pretty comparable to Optimum Nutritions 100% Natural whey...I might get couple...thanks

I gotta get some questions answered, help me out..

So I'm doing a cycle between muscle building and strength training...right now i'm still in the muscle building phase for another month and a half and while i'm trying to gain muscle I really want to be able to reduce the 3-4 lbs of midsection fat especially on the lower abs and love handles...so...

- Should I do more cardio ( which I heard can be detrimental to muscle building) or should I reduce my carbs (which helps facilitate muscle building) for my carbs I eat bananas, organic potatoes, organic pasta, honey nut cherrios, white rice, beans & rice, garbanzo (chic peas) which are what I eat mostly everyday....Which one should I modify?

- what can help me get that cut near the hips that helps give you that bottom V look. I really want that and is overall fat reduction the only way?

appreciated.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just read an article by my favorite author/entrepreneur. He added 30+ lbs of muscle in 30 days no steroids.

Method? Bench, Deadlift, Squat.
and a bunch of scientific @$++.

http://www.fourhourworkwe...-to-your-lifts/#more-956
http://www.fourhourworkwe...bs-of-muscle-in-4-weeks/

VERY interesting reads.!!
You are too heavy into this thread to believe any of that man.
laugh.gif

30 lbs of muscle in 30 days. NO steroids. You REALLY believe that?
laugh.gif

maaaaaaan. I've been following this guy for two years now and seriously look up to him completely. I know that if there is a scientific method to achieve this that isn't widely understood then he'd be the guy to test it out. Furthermore I'd be the one to believe him. He doesn't get into much detail at all and after reading the comment section I'm still unsure. He makes great points and advice but.... you are absolutely right ahah.

Actually, as the story goes, he wrote the blog post "two years ago" but didn't post until his book was released and he was in media attention. That's pretty fishy in itself

---I should also mention. The blog post does have some relevancy to his book. He goes into major detail about "parkinsons law".
I bet he is using this idea of workingout 20% of the regular amount and getting 80% results. It's sort of promoting the book and maybe his flaw was in assuming none of his readers knew a thing about muscle. His "crazy phenomenon" could be used a media attnetion and leverage to the whole lifestyle design outline in the book.

that said, still the best book i've ever read.

what school Durden?

Bloomsburg University.  Its a PA state school.  Still waiting to hear back from Penn State, but I dont know if I would even go there if I got accepted.

^W000000t. I was thinking about changing my major to exercise biology...I really don't want to deal with O-chem though....=\

Ive never taken it, but I hear that O-Chem is wicked difficult.  Ive never heard someone say anything close to otherwise.

Woah, First off, THANK YOU for replying to everything I asked Durden. 
pimp.gif

B.I was told to have a protein shake when I wake up with breakfast andone post workout with dinner. So I was planning on splitting it. Ireally don't know much about Nutrition and such so I just figured itwas always a positive. 

C. I didn't see yourpost until now and copped a whole bunch of stuff today because myconnect had a goooood discount this week. I got:

- Isopure No Carb 100% Whey Protein

- NO-Xplode

- Vitamin World Daytime/Nighttime Daily Cleanse

- Elite Training Packs: Comes with Multivitamins + Omega 3, 6, 9 Fish Oil

Is it safe to take all this?

D.The whole concept I guess. Like a piece of bread or 6 slices of TurkeyEtc. Could you possibly tell me how many calories I consumed today?

Morning: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, banana 

Snack: Apple, String Cheese

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich: 2 wheat bread slices, 6 turkey slices, 1 pickle

Dinner: Salad with beef strips. 1 Chicken Breast. NonFat Ranch with both

I will be eating like that everyday but will be adding the Protein Shakes.

WORKOUT:

So the fullbody is Monday and it is everything in that youtube link posted. And then, 

Tuesday: Chest

Wednesday: Bi's, Tri's

Thursday: Shoulders

Friday: Back

Satuday: Legs

Sunday: Rest

Thereis no motivation behind it but this is all I know. I guess I taughtthis workout to myself. I like going by the book and would love if Ifound a good cutting workout routine on bodybuilding.com but it is toohard to find. That is why I loved P90X. Everything was told to me stepby step on what to do. I've also never jump roped before so still needto get the rhythm. I didn't know I COULD drop the running. There is somuch stuff I am ill informed about. 
eyes.gif
 Yet still manage to get results. 

Thanksagain Durden and don't worry I will not give up this time. Beenactually going consistent for a while but just mess up on diet (mostimportant part) but this time I'm not bs'in. 

iLLest!

Youd be better off finding a source of real food to eat in the morning instead of that shake.  A PB sandwhich, some peanuts, cereal... something thats actually food but is similar nutrition-wise.  If the post-workout shake is WITH dinner youre better off just not taking the shake.  If theres an open-time frame in between the workout and dinner its alright, but if youre eating dinner shortly after exercising dont bother taking the shake.

Theres nothing "wrong" with taking the Training Pack and protein.  Youve obviously seen the effects of the NO-Xplode so youre aware of what it does.  Just be careful what time you take it or else itll keep you jittery and up for awhile.

Those meals come to ROUGHLY 1500 calories.  Without knowing the size/amount of each item its just under 1500 kcals.  With the protein shakes and adjusted for sizes of food, the actual amount of calories can be anywhere from 1800-2200.  (Rough estimate in my head)

Its alright to not be totally informed about everything.  Its best to figure things out on your own.  Take advice from mutiple sources (preferably from "credible" sources).  Compare what different people say and figure out why theyre saying it.  Take all the knowledge in that you can and figure out what makes the most sense to you.

Durden - Could you suggest some essential items I should always have in the kitchen? I have oatmeal and eggs, and that's really about it.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just read an article by my favorite author/entrepreneur. He added 30+ lbs of muscle in 30 days no steroids.

Method? Bench, Deadlift, Squat.
and a bunch of scientific @$++.

http://www.fourhourworkwe...-to-your-lifts/#more-956
http://www.fourhourworkwe...bs-of-muscle-in-4-weeks/

VERY interesting reads.!!
You are too heavy into this thread to believe any of that man.
laugh.gif

30 lbs of muscle in 30 days. NO steroids. You REALLY believe that?
Not too unbelievable. If you look at results from beginner strength programs like Rippetoe's Starting Strength or Bill Starr's 5x5, you'll see similar(maybe not as drastic in as short a time, but crazy nonetheless) results. It's not uncommon for an untrained individual to make giant "newbie gains" while on a well constructed program. I've heard of 30-50 lb gains from SS + GOMAD in 2-6 months. Crazy results that most wouldn't believe are possible without steroids. But those people tend to be very underweight to begin with. The before pictures of Tim Ferris make him seem very untrained, meaning that he could gain relatively easy. Maybe he had muscle memory? Who knows. He's a great author, but he doesn't tend to tell the whole truth when talks about certain things.
He did write a great book though. I saw that post a few weeks ago after I finished his book. Interesting concepts. I saw his link to that study. It seemed very fishy though. He is right when he says that many people underestimate rest, especially when they begin. Don't just jump from absolutely no training into training 5-6 times a week. A great way to burn out quick.

So I just found some before pics from December - January i think:

Spoiler [+]
2i889z8.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2qi4wmq.jpg

Like I said, I was around 190+ during that time.

And here was the new pics I posted:

Spoiler [+]
9l9vee.jpg

Spoiler [+]
2aan7up.jpg

When you look at your before pics and then your after pics and you see all the progress and you think about all the blood, sweat and tears you've put in and it's just so motivating and satisfying

Have any of you guys tried out "Insanity"

If so Did it work and What was the end result?

IM thinkin on purchasing it and try it out for the 2months and followin the Diet PLan all the way through

Back
Top Bottom