Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

If anyone is interested in the book "starting strength" by Mark Rippetoe contact me, i'm selling it for $15 shipped and it's a brand new book.

I have 2 copies, I bought one on recommendation from nealraj and unbeknown to me my cousin also got me a copy so I basically have a brand new copy just lying around.

Really really really good book, well written and a no nonsense approach to gaining strength and size.

How do you guys cycle your creatine? Right now I just do first 5 days of the month = 20g a day, last 5 days of the month = nothing, and the rest just 5g a day.

Yesterday's workout:

Squats: 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 6, 315 x 5 for 5 sets
RDL: 275 x 5 for 5 sets
Hack Squat 3 x 20 light
Extensions: light weight, as little rest as possible for 100 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 100 reps light
Standing calf raise

Today:
Incline DB Press 100 x 5, 110 x 5, 115 x 5, 120 x 5
Military Press: 155 x 5 for 5 sets
Close grip smith machine press: 225 x 5 for 5 sets and a drop set of reverse grips at 135 rest/pause for about 30 more reps

Feel dead for the rest of the day. Going back in to train clients tonight, but I wish I could just stay chillin in the AC. It's nasty out. Not training again until Wednesday just to do Rack pulls, Bent Rows, Chins, etc... Bench and Deadlift are going up (did 5 sets of 475 x 5 on deads last week) but my squat is still not going up much, but it's just trying to get over a hip strain that sometimes gives me knee issues. Sucks, but other than that I like the progress I'm seeing on 5 x 5. I don't do it exactly the way everybody does it but it's been working for me.

Youre in Boston right? Weather here has been disgusting, I've been staying inside with the A/C set to 65 watching soccer
laugh.gif

Nice #s on those incline presses and deads dude.

Do i have to keep doing cardio/hiit to keep my current physique? Or can i clock it down a bit, like maybe 1 or 2 days instead of 4. I have no motivation to run anymore, i've reached my goal. Just want to tone my abs and arms, now.

Damn, nice progress illest. What's your tricep workout?

Ok thanks Truballa.... Another question for you NT experts.

I've been bulking for a month now and my chest is kinda shaped like a W. It's really weird I don't do lower chest exercises so should I start doing those to make my chest look more normal? I do have some fat on me since i've been bulking and I was somewhat chubby before I started...so will it get better once I start cutting or should I do more lower and inner chest exercises?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Youre in Boston right? Weather here has been disgusting, I've been staying inside with the A/C set to 65 watching soccer
laugh.gif

Thanks man.  Yeah, I'm in Boston.  I stayed in the crib literally all day when I wasn't at the gym, and by the time I had to go back in the evening it had started cooling off, so I dodged most of the heat/humidity.  Should be smooth sailing after tonight and into the 4th.

I did a workout today of Bench, Squat, Deadlift (5x5) then decided to play ball tonight.  That was a bad idea. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

laugh.gif

Thanks man.  Yeah, I'm in Boston.  I stayed in the crib literally all day when I wasn't at the gym, and by the time I had to go back in the evening it had started cooling off, so I dodged most of the heat/humidity.  Should be smooth sailing after tonight and into the 4th.

Glad to hear that.

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

ON Serious Mass or Universal: Real Gains?
I don't like weight gainers, they're pretty much protein + empty calories in the form of maltodextrin. These two products are more or less identical, try a sample of each and see which tastes better to you.

Sort of on topic.....saw some article about some 600 lb woman in NJ trying to become the fattest woman in the world (1000 lb is her goal). They had a picture of her cooking hot dogs in her kitchen and on top of her fridge was a bag of ON Serious Mass
roll.gif
roll.gif

Finally signed up for the gym a week ago and I'm enjoying it, truthfully starting to feel like I have more energy too. Going with someone who has been lifting for a little over a year now, so he's helping me with technique etc. (I'm def not trying to keep up with them weight wise, no need to impress any1) Two questions:

When you guys first started, how long did it take to gain strength in your secondary arm? I'm a lefty, and my right arm is so weak. Using the same weight, I feel like I can do 3-4 more reps on my left side compared to my right. Today while doing bench press(flat,decline,incline), by my last couple of reps my right arm had nothing left, while my left felt okay.

Second, how long should I stay on the same weight/rep cycle? Should I wait awhile until I think I can increase the weight, or progress faster to gain strength? How should I go about knowing what weight to use, what can I look out for?

Sort of on topic.....saw some article about some 600 lb woman in NJ trying to become the fattest woman in the world (1000 lb is her goal). They had a picture of her cooking hot dogs in her kitchen and on top of her fridge was a bag of ON Serious Mass
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Hit a new PR on bench today. 265x6

Feels good, man.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Glad to hear that.

I don't like weight gainers, they're pretty much protein + empty calories in the form of maltodextrin. These two products are more or less identical, try a sample of each and see which tastes better to you.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Well there's your answer as to which one is the better mass gainer.  Shorty already got up to 600 and she's still making gains.

Yeah, I don't think Mass Gainers are really a great idea unless you just can't prepare enough food to get the calories you need when trying to make gains in size and strength.  Before I found my butchershop and let my wife buy all our meat/chicken at Whole Foods (huge mistake) I took a couple of different Mass Gainers to get enough calories in cause I wasn't gonna spend $100 a week on just chicken breast, but now I spend $50 for like 2-3 weeks worth of meat and just an extra $50 in other groceries every week and I'm good.  I'm way leaner now just eating right and I still eat cheat meals and stuff on the weekends with no problem.

That said, the one mass gainer I liked in terms of being able to handle the taste and it actually helping add some mass without too much bodyfat was by Ultimate Nutrition, I think it's called Iso Mass Extreme Gainer or something like that.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Hit a new PR on bench today. 265x6

Feels good, man.
pimp.gif
What a coincidence, I did hit a new PR on the bench as well!
245x4 with the help of riceboi spotting me. Not gonna lie he basically half of the work on the last 1-2 reps...
laugh.gif

urvzh7oyn.png

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

how can i speed up my metabolism?

stay filled throughout the day, have a lot of fiber, 5-6 total snack/meals throughout the day > 3 large meals.

stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day (i piss a lot but make sure my piss is as clear as possible)

dont skip meals
says whom?

laugh.gif

Glad to hear that.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Well there's your answer as to which one is the better mass gainer.  Shorty already got up to 600 and she's still making gains.

Yeah, I don't think Mass Gainers are really a great idea unless you just can't prepare enough food to get the calories you need when trying to make gains in size and strength.  Before I found my butchershop and let my wife buy all our meat/chicken at Whole Foods (huge mistake) I took a couple of different Mass Gainers to get enough calories in cause I wasn't gonna spend $100 a week on just chicken breast, but now I spend $50 for like 2-3 weeks worth of meat and just an extra $50 in other groceries every week and I'm good.  I'm way leaner now just eating right and I still eat cheat meals and stuff on the weekends with no problem.

That said, the one mass gainer I liked in terms of being able to handle the taste and it actually helping add some mass without too much bodyfat was by Ultimate Nutrition, I think it's called Iso Mass Extreme Gainer or something like that.

Im thinking of going the mass gainer route, either Serious Mass or PVL mutant mass.. it wont be a long term thing, i'll see if i gain muscle/fat - then I can revert back to whole foods, and just eat more.

Back
Top Bottom