Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What do y'all do when you lose motivation? A few months ago you couldnt keep me out of the gym...now I only lift maybe 2 times a week. I'm still very active (play soccer or do cardio) and I'm active atleast 6 days a week but I dont have the drive to exercise or push myself in the gym. It's like I'm just going through the motions. The worst thing for me is that rather than cheating every 1-2 weeks, I've been cheating every 3-days. Help me NT before I turn into Kevin Federline.
Try getting some poon? Dead serious....you'll be diddy boppin and lifting 10% more than you usually do. 

QTF, I just start thinking about fine broads, money, etc. works for me.

Oh, and as of lately i've been running a mile on bleachers everymorning and doing 40 and 50 yrd sprints on the football field. Good or bad?

^There certainly nothing BAD about that. Today went to the gym and was able to put up 315x5 on my third set of DL. Thazzz my new PR!

Basically what it did for me was I think I overcame a plateau today. I was stuck around 295-300 for a while...I was scared at first but I just psyched myself up so much and in the end the reward was worth it. I thought I would've killed myself from that but I was puttin up way better numbers today for the rest of my workout because it got me so juiced.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Daaaaaamn. Price of jack3d skyrocketed. From $27 to 47$..wow. Anyone buy it for cheap online <30shipped?
Jack3d

This is the site I use to buy stuff. Never had any problems, and they always have great prices.

What do y'all eat on a daily/weekly basis? I'm having trouble sticking to my nutrition. I usually eat a cup of oatmeal with bananas, brown rice with corn, green peas on a daily basis with a little fruit. But sometimes I'll eat cheat foods like 2 pb&j sammiches. smh

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

For DL's do you guys use the normal grip or one palm up and one palm down to improve grip?
usually past 315 i like mixed. 315 or less and i use normal since grip's not an issue

I'm the same, I go normal to 315, and then heavier I either do an alternating grip or I just use wrist straps if I'm doing alot of sets/reps.

can some people school me on creatine:

1. Would it be alright if I took it for 3 months and then cycled off?
2. What is the best way to load creatine (how many grams, do I do it with dextrose or gatorade, is it even necessary?)
3. What is the best brand of creatine? I've read that it causes bloating and other effects...are there any brands that don't cause side effects?
4. How do I cycle off of it?
5. Would it be beneficial to take this during a strength training program?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

2. What is the best way to load creatine (how many grams, do I do it with dextrose or gatorade, is it even necessary?)
3. What is the best brand of creatine? I've read that it causes bloating and other effects...are there any brands that don't cause side effects?

1. Yes
2. Don't need to load it.  If you're just taking creatine monohydrate you CAN load it by taking a double-dose on training days, but I don't think it actually makes a difference
3. Most are relatively the same but Optimum Nutrition creatine has always gotten good reviews.  It may cause bloating.  I take Kre-Alkalyn because I don't get bloating/indigestion from it.  There aren't any other side effects.
4. Just stop taking it for a month or 2
5. Yes

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

1. Yes
2. Don't need to load it.  If you're just taking creatine monohydrate you CAN load it by taking a double-dose on training days, but I don't think it actually makes a difference
3. Most are relatively the same but Optimum Nutrition creatine has always gotten good reviews.  It may cause bloating.  I take Kre-Alkalyn because I don't get bloating/indigestion from it.  There aren't any other side effects.
5. Yes

Agreed on all points.  Ive had good experiences with a typical GNC monohydrate.  Theyre all basically the same thing.

Remember to take it with a form of sugar.

Originally Posted by SoFarGone510

anyone had any experiences on weight vests? is it worth it

I never had a bad experience with them and I've used them for about 7+ years now. I don't do any weightlifting with the vest on but I do play basketball, run sprints, ect with it on.

Can some of you NT folk post what you eat? Meal plans, recipes etc. I recommend some of guys to eat Uncle Ben's whole grain rice(tastes good/ very healty), oatmeal with bananas inside and here's my dinner that I'm consuming right now. Looks gross but it tastes good
wink.gif
can of tuna with veggies and corn OM NUM NUM
download

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

I never had a bad experience with them and I've used them for about 7+ years now. I don't do any weightlifting with the vest on but I do play basketball, run sprints, ect with it on.

yea thats what i plan on using them for...what u think about these?
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...upercat=home&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

1. Yes
5. Yes

Agreed on all points.  Ive had good experiences with a typical GNC monohydrate.  Theyre all basically the same thing.

Remember to take it with a form of sugar.
Dope. Just another couple questions

- Can I take it with Dextrose or is there a better form of sugar to take it with
- Do I take creatine pre workout or post workout or does it even matter?

anyone got suggestions for snacks/food to eat throughout the day? Something healthy and also easy on the go.

almonds, peanuts, yogurt, fruit, hummus with baked pita chips. The possibilities are endless lol. The key is try to stay healthy with it.

^ thanks, Im just trying to add some variety besides nutrition/protein bars. Every time I hit the store, I'm clueless on what I need and end up with junk.

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

yea thats what i plan on using them for...what u think about these?
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...upercat=home&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH
Look up V-max or X-vest. They're known to be high quality weight vests. Check up on craigslist, you might find a good, cheaper one on there. I know in my area there's a guy selling a V-max for $50 below new, and it hasn't been worn much according to him. If I wanted one, I'd get that one. I've heard that the cheaper brands tend to break more often than the higher quality, more expensive ones. Depending on the amount of weight that you want, expect to pay somewhere near $200 for a 50 lb weight vest that will last you.

1:

back squat 3x5

bench press 3x5

incline dumbbell bench press 3x8

dips 2x8

abs 5x5

2:

dead lift 1x5

calf press 5x20

HIIT

3:

front squat 3x5

military press 3x5

rear delta raises superset with side raises 3x8,3x8

abs 5x5

4:

good mornings 3x8

bb row 3x8

chin ups 2x8

calf press 5x20

5:

biceps+triceps

powerclean 5x3

HIIT

6:

back squat 3x5

bb row 3x8

good mornings 3x8

abs 5x5

after doing rippetoe's 3x5 for a couple of months (before being sidelined for 2.5 weeks by a nasty neck injury)... i decided to try and mesh some of the strength building principles (especially since they gave me huge quads) with a hybrid body building split. i also wanted to emphasize calf work.

thoughts, suggestions? i did day 1 yesterday, felt good... maybe a little bit long. doing day 2 today which on the face of things is very short,but this way i get to really focus on my dl.

How poorly did everyone eat this weekend?

I had to have eaten 10 hot dogs man. Goodness. Probably more this weekend than I have eaten in the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

anyone got suggestions for snacks/food to eat throughout the day? Something healthy and also easy on the go.
Fruit
Raw Veggies (Celery, Carrots w/Hummus)
Nuts, Seeds
Oatmeal

Plenty of stuff man.

Hah man I was in heaven, ribs and bbq all weekend lol. But I did get a few gym sessions in.
it's going to be hard this week with dead/finals week and then friday is my 21er so it'll be another hectic weekend
but suns out so it's time to do cardio... I've been getting bigger since the last time i posted progress pictures
i just need to start evening out... right shoulder>left because its my shooting arm.... and my right lat is wider than my left -___-
i've come to the conclusion that i'm one of those guys that'll develop huge arms and shoulders and back... but small chest it sucks lol

Back
Top Bottom