Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I have a question about running...is it better to run at a faster pace and shorter distances or longer distances and a more comfortable/slower pace.

IE i have been running 1- 2.5 miles 3 times a week. i started out running a mile at a faster pace..but every week i would increase it and start slowing down because my lungs get tighter (former asthmatic
frown.gif
) now i am up to about 2.5 miles and i throw in running backwards and those foot over foot side jogs (dont know the exact name) anyways...what would be more effective for weight loss?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I have a question about running...is it better to run at a faster pace and shorter distances or longer distances and a more comfortable/slower pace.

IE i have been running 1- 2.5 miles 3 times a week. i started out running a mile at a faster pace..but every week i would increase it and start slowing down because my lungs get tighter (former asthmatic
frown.gif
) now i am up to about 2.5 miles and i throw in running backwards and those foot over foot side jogs (dont know the exact name) anyways...what would be more effective for weight loss?

Good question. IMO, slower pace, longer distance especially if ur asthmatic. Youll keep yourself from burning out too fast, but close to the end you could pick up the pace.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Originally Posted by Durden7

I find it funny how a physique like lebrons is considered above average. Has america become so overweight and unathletic that the slightest indication of abs is whats considered "brolic"?
You guys are really setting ur standards low. Go to third world countries and theres guys in better shape than lebron. And all it is is a limited diet and physical labor. Jordan, pippen and david robinson had lower bf in their career than lebron does now. Theres nothing special about lebrons physique.

Um yes, his physique is above average.

I dont know why youre flexing in your avy...

A lil more creativity next time you wanna take shots. Anyway, if thats an above average physique, whats an average physique? Shlt..then what do you guys consider frail?

I didnt realize I had to be creative to make a statement.

Take a look at most people.... thats an average physique.  It all depends on what context youre refering to.  In your world of "enhanced" figures, his might be below average but to most people its above average.

LOL @ LeBron's physique being average/below average.
You have any idea how difficult it is to put on muscle when you're 6'8 with a 7' wingspan? 
laugh.gif
  Not to mention the insane amount of cardio he has to do on the court.

I find it funny how a physique like lebrons is considered above average. Has america become so overweight and unathletic that the slightest indication of abs is whats considered "brolic"?
You guys are really setting ur standards low. Go to third world countries and theres guys in better shape than lebron. And all it is is a limited diet and physical labor. Jordan, pippen and david robinson had lower bf in their career than lebron does now. Theres nothing special about lebrons physique.

Um yes, his physique is above average.

I dont know why youre flexing in your avy...

A lil more creativity next time you wanna take shots. Anyway, if thats an above average physique, whats an average physique? Shlt..then what do you guys consider frail?

I didnt realize I had to be creative to make a statement.

Take a look at most people.... thats an average physique.  It all depends on what context youre refering to.  In your world of "enhanced" figures, his might be below average but to most people its above average.

Thats the thing. Im not comparing to the " juice" world. Its just ashame that an average looking physique seems unattainable, or you must be an athlete to aquire it.

^^^^^^ where you been at? You ain't know? Abs = beastly.

Abs automatically add 10 beast points, its like having dread locks in the NFL. Also for those who regularly lift....LeBron IS in fact average. But compared to the rest of america, he is brolic.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by ehh

LOL @ LeBron's physique being average/below average.
You have any idea how difficult it is to put on muscle when you're 6'8 with a 7' wingspan? 
laugh.gif
  Not to mention the insane amount of cardio he has to do on the court.

What does worth ethic have to do with the category of his physique?

how are abs beastly ? all that it takes is a STRICT diet, and loads of cardio.. to me more weight on lifts=beastly.. sound like a guido beach muscle head (abs and bis).. does NOT make u beastly by any means.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Abs automatically add 10 beast points, its like having dread locks in the NFL. Also for those who regularly lift....LeBron IS in fact average. But compared to the rest of america, he is brolic.

-The Juice

Even though ur being sarcastic, thats the impression i get. As if 6 pck = he must work his **! off.

I don't know what kind of gyms yall go to, but LeBron is not the average person I see lifting. Serious lifters, yes. Average for people who lift? Don't see it.

I understand what Ice is saying by standards but when did those standards ever exist... people were less obese in the past but they weren't in better physical shape. Look at athletes from yesteryear as perfect examples.

frown.gif

Good question. IMO, slower pace, longer distance especially if ur asthmatic. Youll keep yourself from burning out too fast, but close to the end you could pick up the pace.
My knees go out when it wants sometime especially when it rains, what would be good for me? and yea running suck when you have asthma

-The Juice

Even though ur being sarcastic, thats the impression i get. As if 6 pck = he must work his %#+ off.

It seems like you want to be appreciated more.

whats good NT, was on vacation for around 6 whole weeks, and i honestly thought i was going to gain weight

turns out i LOST weight, actually lost an inch on my waist

even though i was at an all inclusive beach resort in puerto vallarta i kept myself busy with activities, which im sure helped me burn all those calories from all that awesome food
laugh.gif

aside from that, i was hiking a lot while i was in mexico and walked everywhere...now im ready to jump back into lifting and eating right...planning to start this monday, we'll see how it goes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

frown.gif

My knees go out when it wants sometime especially when it rains, what would be good for me? and yea running suck when you have asthma

Wraps or a knee brace. Also a good running shoe.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

-The Juice

Even though ur being sarcastic, thats the impression i get. As if 6 pck = he must work his %#+ off.

Not even. I do what i do for me, not anyone else. If tht was the case id compete. But yall dudes need to stop acting like these athletes builds are hard to get. I wish i could train one of you guys for 3 months and see where it would get you

frown.gif

thanks ice..i have one more question do running/walking shoes differ? i run in 993's which i believe are actually walking shoes but they are the most comfortable shoe ever...ive tries air maxes, asics, nothing does me well like my new balances. is that ok?

^I've never insinuated that their builds are hard to get. I'm quite the opposite when looking at the average person who can focus on building muscle. I just don't think you can judge a pro athlete's physique on a bodybuilder scale. Honestly, it's admirable to me that he looks that way considering the grind of the NBA season. It has to be in context.

-The Juice

Not even. I do what i do for me, not anyone else. If tht was the case id compete. But yall dudes need to stop acting like these athletes builds are hard to get. I wish i could train one of you guys for 3 months and see where it would get you

Which brings me back to what I said earlier.... I dont know why youre flexing in your avy....

^I've never insinuated that their builds are hard to get. I'm quite the opposite when looking at the average person who can focus on building muscle. I just don't think you can judge a pro athlete's physique on a bodybuilder scale. Honestly, it's admirable to me that he looks that way considering the grind of the NBA season. It has to be in context.

Thats because it is the grind of the nba season that has him that way in a sense. I donno, maybe its because of where im from ( jamaica) and natural physiques from third world countries doesnt have me impressed. So many dudes are ripped and in shape and never lift a dumbell. I guess its like how we gush and drool over benz and bmw while germany uses them as police cruisers and taxi cabs. All relative i guess.When i get time ill post pics of my sons midsection. Hes 4 with a six pack and striated obliques.

frown.gif

thanks ice..i have one more question do running/walking shoes differ? i run in 993's which i believe are actually walking shoes but they are the most comfortable shoe ever...ive tries air maxes, asics, nothing does me well like my new balances. is that ok?

Ever tried the airmax 2009?... very comfortable running shoes

-The Juice

Which brings me back to what I said earlier.... I dont know why youre flexing in your avy....

For you sweetheart...i thought you would like it...no?

IICEMAN83 wrote:

IICEMAN83 wrote:

IICEMAN83 wrote:
OrenthalJames wrote:

-The Juice

For you sweetheart...i thought you would like it...no?
laugh.gif

Anyways speaking of abs im trying to get rid of this thin layer of flab to actually reveal them...i keep reading that diet is everything. What should i be eating to help out the process?  What exercises can i do to speed things along? Any help is appreciated.

190710_ljames1.jpg

lebron-3.jpg

taken at the end of July, so Lebron is probably just now getting in shape. But still he really isnt too impressive especially for a pro athlete

Back
Top Bottom