Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

3 and 1/2 weeks in. 15 pounds down.
pimp.gif

feels so damn good to be in a routine again. heavy weights with cardio 4-5x a week.

HIIT 2-3 times a week. i only do HIIT on the elliptical, anyone with more suggestions on how to mix it up?

not trying to adjust speeds on the treadmill dead tired
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

It depends where you generate power from. Whether you're quad dominant (squat) or hamstring dominant (deadlift). 

How can someone be hamstring dominant on a jump?

Hip extension occurs before knee extension, but I dont see know the hip extension can produce a large amount of force.  The hip extension pulls the bodys center of gravity over its base of support, so I suppose a quicker extension allows the body to transfer that force to the next step in the jumping process.

I guess it makes sense.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by hotshots24

Thanks, not sure if this is good place to ask about vertical leap, but what would you say is more important when it comes to vertical leap, max strength dl or squat?

doing dl's and squats can definitely help you, but you should try doing plyometrics

Edit: unless you were already doin plyo and just wondering which one helped more, because i cant help you there

Out of the two exercises, I'd say the squat will help you more. The squat has a higher range of motion than the deadlift and puts more emphasis on the quads...however there are so many other factors to having a good vertical.....fast or slow twitch muscles, the length of your calf muscles, form....weight....

Yo does Jack3d really mess with your sexual functions?

Over at BB I see brahs talking about they cant get it up after they use it
laugh.gif
..I never had a problem back when I first used it

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

It depends where you generate power from. Whether you're quad dominant (squat) or hamstring dominant (deadlift). 

How can someone be hamstring dominant on a jump?

Hip extension occurs before knee extension, but I dont see know the hip extension can produce a large amount of force.  The hip extension pulls the bodys center of gravity over its base of support, so I suppose a quicker extension allows the body to transfer that force to the next step in the jumping process.

I guess it makes sense.
True. By hamstring I meant more hip dominant. There's a correlation between strong hams and strong hips. Not so much with hips and quads. 

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Yo does Jack3d really mess with your sexual functions?

Over at BB I see brahs talking about they cant get it up after they use it
laugh.gif
..I never had a problem back when I first used it

they confusing coke with jack3d

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

anyone here under 6 feet and can dunk?

How rare is that?
Back in the day I used to be able to, I'm 5"10 with shoes. Its a little bit rare I guess...... But whenever I see a guy my height dunk im not really surprised anymore

Yep, 5'9 here.

Id recommend Squats and Deadlifts, as well as a great core.

Definitely go for strength (5x5) - then mix it up.  Go maybe 60-70% of your 1RM and focus on explosivity and quickness whilst maintaing great form. 

Would also be good to do some sort of sprinting and maybe Plyo's too.

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Thanks, not sure if this is good place to ask about vertical leap, but what would you say is more important when it comes to vertical leap, max strength dl or squat?

doing dl's and squats can definitely help you, but you should try doing plyometrics

Edit: unless you were already doin plyo and just wondering which one helped more, because i cant help you there

Out of the two exercises, I'd say the squat will help you more. The squat has a higher range of motion than the deadlift and puts more emphasis on the quads...however there are so many other factors to having a good vertical.....fast or slow twitch muscles, the length of your calf muscles, form....weight....
Having a strong core will also help you jump higher

Today was the first time I've ever taken a pre workout drink and that stuff was intense. Had an Endorush and I was full of energy.

How rare is that?
Back in the day I used to be able to, I'm 5"10 with shoes. Its a little bit rare I guess...... But whenever I see a guy my height dunk im not really surprised anymore
I had a Chinese friend whos 5'7 or so and he could dunk with ease.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

I wish he was still around so I can record a picture of him dunking. He could ball like none other.

How rare is that?
Dude is 5'9...taken from th lebron post in the nike forum

Probably a dumb question but on my off days should I still take I the same amount of food as my workout days or a little less?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Just made some sludge with blueberries & strawberries

ZOMG..so %!!%$+# good
pimp.gif

Never understood how to make 'sludge'

care to elaborate fam?
This guy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"if you hear kids screaming in the background, just a reminder to you young people.... use birth control"

Probably a dumb question but on my off days should I still take I the same amount of food as my workout days or a little less?

well what are your goals
laugh.gif

tired.gif
sick.gif
 I'm already thin enough standing 6 ft 5 and weighing 190 but now my doctor tells me that I need to start eating, not more, but healthier. 

Said I need to increase my fiber in-take.

So what kind of diet (Calories/day) should I be on now.  How do I gain weight eating salads?

What kind of work out should I do to just gain solid pounds?  I dont want to be diesel or shredded even.

is there a supplement I should take?  I was considering one since I am in school PT and work FT ... My time management is crazy!

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

well what are your goals
laugh.gif

My bad, getting bigger

like i said, its probably a dumb question that i already know the answer to

I think somebody just called me... fat
frown.gif

I have a hard time keeping my body weight. I have such a fast metabolism that I can gain and lose 3-4 pounds just after waking up from a long night's sleep, eating a big meal, etc.. I'm constantly eating and can never gain any weight. Thinking about taking some protein shakes, but last time I tried it I felt really light headed and almost threw up.

Help?

(I don't always eat like that - AND there were three of us, not just me)

^Get on a solid workout regime. Eat until you're stuffed. Then eat more. Sleep a lot. Rinse and repeat.

This is why we need to update the first post. I'll start writing something up and send it to durden. Questions like this should be answered on the first page.

Back
Top Bottom