Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by alhubley

^with this split your shoulders and arms are getting hit 4 times a week. They get hit good with back and chest workouts too. If you wanna alternate between two workouts m,t,t,f I would do a push/pull split. Push exercises one day and pull exercises the next. That would hit them twice a week or you could do this m,w,f and hit them 3 times every 2 weeks.

ya, Don't over work your muscles. you want them to heal (build back up) 

To ngbetter11 here is a 4 day split I occasionally do. Works real well for me.
Mon chest 12 sets calves 6 sets
Tues back 12 sets hamstrings 6 sets
Wed off
Thur shoulders 5sets traps 5 sets triceps 4 sets calves 4 sets
Fri quads 12 sets biceps 6 sets
Sat off
Sun off.

thank you for your reply!! i know yall prolly get alot of beginners asking the same questions so thank you!!

only thing that im confused about is the number of sets and reps..

so for ex: if Chest = 12 sets.. do i do 12 sets of one lift? or do like 3-4 diff. chest excercises and split the sets?

and also how many reps am i supposed to do of each lift? my goal is to stay slim/stay the same weight/size but put on some lean muscle (definitely DONT want a bodybuilder/huge all around figure)

thanks once again!

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

What's the real difference between insanity and P90x? Any stupid hour and a half yoga involved with insanity?

Insanity is mainly cardio while P90X involves weights/bands along with cardio. 
To me, P90X is more fun, Insanity is just all intense itnerval cardio and that gets a bit boring for me.

Originally Posted by ngbetter11

Wed off
Sat off
Sun off.

thank you for your reply!! i know yall prolly get alot of beginners asking the same questions so thank you!!

so for ex: if Chest = 12 sets.. do i do 12 sets of one lift? or do like 3-4 diff. chest excercises and split the sets?

and also how many reps am i supposed to do of each lift? my goal is to stay slim/stay the same weight/size but put on some lean muscle (definitely DONT want a bodybuilder/huge all around figure)

thanks once again!
You can do 4 exercises 3 sets each or 3 exercises 4 sets each.  For the ones like shoulders with five I do 2 exercises.  Military press x 3 lateral raises x 2.  For reps I would stay in the 8 to 12 range but if you go slightly over or under its not gonna be big deal.  Dont worry about getting to big,  its not an easy thing to do.  My bet is when you put on some muscle you will want more though.   Good luck bro just stick with it and I'm sure you will be happy with your results.  A big portion of it is gonna be diet though the better that is the better you will do

With that workout it's always 18 total sets so all days are about the same. I rest 90 seconds between sets on big muscles and 60 seconds on smaller muscles. Takes me about 50 minutes but I'm at hone and workout alone so I got no waiting for stuff. Also you can do abs on mon and thurs.

Originally Posted by ngbetter11

Wed off

Sat off

Sun off.

thanks once again!
You can do 4 exercises 3 sets each or 3 exercises 4 sets each.  For the ones like shoulders with five I do 2 exercises.  Military press x 3 lateral raises x 2.  For reps I would stay in the 8 to 12 range but if you go slightly over or under its not gonna be big deal.  Dont worry about getting to big,  its not an easy thing to do.  My bet is when you put on some muscle you will want more though.   Good luck bro just stick with it and I'm sure you will be happy with your results.  A big portion of it is gonna be diet though the better that is the better you will do

thanks for the quick reply! two more questions and i promise not to bother yall for a while ahaha.. sorry again!

for the muscles requiring 4 sets.. would you recommend doing one exercise for 4 sets or doing two diff. exercises for 2 sets?

and lastly, could you recommend some beginner level quad, hamstring, and trap exercises?

thank you again!!

I usually do 1 exercise 4 sets but 2 and 2 wound work also. As far as exercises for quads squats, lunges, leg press, leg extension, step ups hamstrings are leg curls stiff leg deadlifts and for traps you can do shrugs upright rows and I sometimes do rear delt flys with traps even tho it's not really trap exercise.

taking these next 2 weeks to just do workouts with body weight. 2 weeks left on my stay in kentucky with the parents and don't feel like paying to go to the gym up here anymore lol

farmer workouts with random stuff that i find in the barn and of course my BW.

lets go
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

dudes a lot slimmer than he looks on court, props to that build though. i wouldn't mind something like that.
definitely looks like he aint care about being big or whatever, as long as he's in shape and it works for ball.

Feels great to be back in the gym. Anybody familiar with mountaindog1's workouts or diet?

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

what are some of your "must do" deltoid workouts at the gym? i want bigger shoulders
30t6p3b.gif

I can vouch for this exercise, 6 ways.

You can really feel the burn after these.

feels great to have top notch genes.....never been out of shape in my life and all i eat is junk food n sit on my +!#.....

so far iv been going to the gym for about two and half months and lost 30 pounds but im trying to work out on my chest so whats the best way to lose fat on your chest?

You can't spot reduce certain areas. Just continue working out and dieting. Eventually you'll lose the fat on your chest.

Originally Posted by DNeou20

dudes a lot slimmer than he looks on court, props to that build though. i wouldn't mind something like that.
definitely looks like he aint care about being big or whatever, as long as he's in shape and it works for ball.
bro he's like 6'10", he's massive. when you're that tall 20" arms look normal. he's definitely "big."
yupitsme wrote:
feels great to have top notch genes.....never been out of shape in my life and all i eat is junk food n sit on my +!#.....

never been out of shape either bro
you don't have magical genes.............you don't eat more calories than you burn, so you don't gain weight. if i ate 2500 calories worth of twinkies and cheetos i'd lose weight. 

props on a sedentary lifestyle though, that sounds both exciting and healthy! 
pimp.gif

looking to start a new protein for size... i have been all natural for the past year. Before that i was taking amplify XL, but never really noticed any difference. I recently started riding a roadbike daily and have been doing maybe 20 minutes cardio 5 days a week, aswell as regular gym routine. in the past 2 months i dropped from 205lbs to 197lbs. Can anybody recommend me any supplements to bulk back up (mainly pure muscle)!!

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Originally Posted by runzombierun

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Goodluck. I finished the program and lost 22 lbs.
what would you say your fitness level was when you started?

Just started the second month. I've lost 20+ so far with dieting and running. It's tough but I want to lose 30 more. I'm think to do round two.

Fitness level was s____. I didn't do anything workout wise, and the only type of activity my body got was with my girlfriend at the time.

Took a picture with my friends and saw how much I blew up, so something had to be done. I still have my fitness test numbers from the beginning, till the end results if you want.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

never been out of shape either bro

you don't have magical genes.............you don't eat more calories than you burn, so you don't gain weight. if i ate 2500 calories worth of twinkies and cheetos i'd lose weight. 

props on a sedentary lifestyle though, that sounds both exciting and healthy! 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

son came in thinking he was gonna wow us with his "top notch genes"

Back
Top Bottom