Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

What's going on guys, I see a lot of info being tossed around so I have a few questions:

Is there a way I can gain a decent amount of weight (maybe twenty pounds) to basically get rid of my "chicken chest" and get some meat on my ribs without hitting the gym? What type of diet do you suggest? I had a book about Herschel Walker and it was very insightful as to which exercises I could choose from but until I get it back I just need a quick starting point. Thank you in advance.

Side note: I want to avoid using any type of shakes or anything like that, I want to do this naturally with maybe the exception of some helpful vitamins.
Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

Are specific rep ranges better better than others for fat. Loss? I wanna go back to a strength training 5-6 on a caloric deficit.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I lift heavy, in the gym 5-6 days a week, former personaly trainer.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i kill my hands, what are some ways to take care of them better? (meaning so they are so stiff + sore from gripping, grinding and lifting.)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i use gloves.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]thanks.[/color]

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

Is there a certain brand of "recovery protein shake" that you recommend over another? I was considering Muscle Milk..I just dont know anybody that uses it.
My homeboy that's a personal trainer and big into holisitc medicine and training warned me about Muscle Milk and other shakes and proteins like it because he said they have a hefty amoutn of toxins that create a long-term deficiency and cause damage to your muscle tissue etc...(I may be misquoting him but that's what I remember).

Anyhow, he recommended that I use an all natural and preferably organic Whey Protein powder mixed and blended with fresh or frozen fruits and juice and yogurt no longer than 20 minutes after the workout and then have one first thing in the morning the day after and drink lots of water...Hope this helps.  It helped me get very cut in a matter of a few months.

I wouldnt even know where to begin in order to mix my own protein drinks. I'm starting the Insanity workout on Thursday/Friday and I havent worked out like that in almost 2 years. So I am definitely going to need that after workout / morning recovery protein drink.

So I've been doing strength training for a while now and have seen some great increases in all my lifts, so my question is when should I change things up, as in going for Higher reps instead of the high weight and low reps? Is there really any specific time or is it just more so personal goals?

247496_212454265455987_107553225946092_666001_5459886_n.jpg
248558_212454238789323_107553225946092_666000_5680036_n.jpg

248783_212454282122652_107553225946092_666002_571504_n.jpg

Originally Posted by bwood056

excuse the hat hair/ thinning i got going on
laugh.gif

anyways this was this morning COLD, no workout or pump.

weighted in at 222lbs. just started my cut stack/cycle.

Lookin' joocy brah.

Stats?

And how much are you looking to cut?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

So I've been doing strength training for a while now and have seen some great increases in all my lifts, so my question is when should I change things up, as in going for Higher reps instead of the high weight and low reps? Is there really any specific time or is it just more so personal goals?
Generally speaking, one should change things up every few weeks in an attempt to shock the muscles into new growth..    

Is it bad to do situps/crunches? I've read many online articles that such extensive bending of the back can and often will result in injuries such as herniated discs.

Now I don't want any back injuries so I'm double checking first. What are some safe, good ab exercises?

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Generally speaking, one should change things up every few weeks in an attempt to shock the muscles into new growth..    

Yeah I forgot to add every 3 or 4 weeks I'll do lower weight and high reps, but the strength training is going really well so I'll probably just keep at it for a while

Originally Posted by scshift

Is it bad to do situps/crunches? I've read many online articles that such extensive bending of the back can and often will result in injuries such as herniated discs.

Now I don't want any back injuries so I'm double checking first. What are some safe, good ab exercises?

Both shorten your hip flexors. 
Better off doing squats, deadlifts, hanging leg raises, planks, turkish get ups, renegade rows, twists etc.

im at 222lb right now.
im going to finish with whatever i finish after this cycle/stack.

maybe around 215 ? not sure.

after i cut, im going to clean bulk.

start lifting heavier, more caloric intake, ect.

stats are low as my strength has gone down, but still surprisingly strong. 

i hit flat bench today and did 225 x 30

deadlift i stay around 405 for 3 sets of 10-12

squat, never been to good since i tore my ACL/MCL, and had surgery. so 315 3 sets of 10.

ive just been doing ALOT of unconventional stuff too. 

im going to make a video i think 2 mrw of this certain exercise that i do, that is killler. 
smokin.gif

thanks for the compliments, ill try to get some pics of me  pumped up at the gym

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i might do an ECA stack with bronkaid + OEP.....so itll have dimethyl whatever in it, that stimulant in jack3d/OEP

Might aswell do 3 weeks of clen. I know your iffy about it, but its not as bad as it seems unless you taking like 500mcg doseges.You should me more concerened about methylated products....rip to ur liver

Do you mind breaking down what's wrong with "methylated" products? Does jack3d have that in it? What about no-xplode? Thanks man.

Anyone got an answer to this?

I'm seriously getting upset with my Military press.

Fifth rotation of 5/3/1 and I had to repeat the fourth rotation because I didn't achieve my goals. I'm at a major plateau.
It was supposed to be
115x5
120x3
125x1

Missed all by a single rep. This rotation is supposed to be adding 5 lbs.

All I want to achieve is 135x8 :S
EDIT... I don't even think the problem is my shoulders. It's my back that feels like it's gonna fold. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I'm seriously getting upset with my Military press.

Fifth rotation of 5/3/1 and I had to repeat the fourth rotation because I didn't achieve my goals. I'm at a major plateau.
It was supposed to be
115x5
120x3
125x1

Missed all by a single rep. This rotation is supposed to be adding 5 lbs.

All I want to achieve is 135x8 :S
EDIT... I don't even think the problem is my shoulders. It's my back that feels like it's gonna fold. 
sick.gif
Are you doing standing military press?
What's your bodyweight? 

What's your front squat look like? 

^Most likely sitting...standing presses do more harm then good. you can easily hurt yourself like that.

Originally Posted by G Que

OxyElite Pro users.. anyone have severe stomach pains as a side effect from using this??  been having some serious stomach issues and don't know if I can chalk it up to the OxyElite Pro or not

idk. With all�the�steroid talk on here and�strength�this and�strength�that...
It's possible to attain some real�strength�without the stuff and unless you're competing at high levels (relative to your potential) I don't think that people really need to be using them. I'm not against the substances ( I think they should be legalized) but many use them for all the wrong reasons.

I know for a fact that all the dudes below are clean. Even though they may be considered elite in the US, many people can def attain 80% of these guys�strength�with the right training and dedication.�

Prob about 88 kilos here -- 194 lbs

Back
Top Bottom