Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

idk people wear what they want to the gym.. whats the big deal? i can see if they didnt clean down the items they just used and sweated on.. but anything else is :kanyeShrug

Originally Posted by FResHtuDEF

To all my dudes that put in that work in gym,
What's y'all take on frail dudes wearing super tight shirts or small beaters on, Akways giving off the impression that they're big? And Akways gives me the I'm tough n strong look?
Your take?

As long as they don't interfere with my workout then I don't care what they do. At my gym there's this old lady who comes in and treats the ab area as her own personal workout area, super setting between every piece of equipment there and mean mugging everyone. Then she goes and rides the stationary bike in her little tennis skirt and shows her nasty @%$ to the whole gym. I wish I could stomp her out. That and the dudes who look like Mac from always sunny strutting around like they're jacked as hell when they're just fat
laugh.gif

Ok, so I was at 230 lbs. I lost a few pounds early on by accident basically. Wasnt trying to lose it, it just kind of happened because I was busy and what not. I decided since I had lost some I should keep it up. Well I am down to 190 now, which feels good, but I still want to get down to about 180. I hate working out so I lost all the weight by diet only basically. I do some pushups and situps but nothing that serious. I feel like losing this last 10 pounds has been more difficult though. Are there any exercises I can do at home that will help get this last 10 pounds off?

Originally Posted by bjamez20

What's y'all take on frail dudes wearing super tight shirts or small beaters on, Akways giving off the impression that they're big? And Akways gives me the I'm tough n strong look?
Your take?

As long as they don't interfere with my workout then I don't care what they do. At my gym there's this old lady who comes in and treats the ab area as her own personal workout area, super setting between every piece of equipment there and mean mugging everyone. Then she goes and rides the stationary bike in her little tennis skirt and shows her nasty @%$ to the whole gym. I wish I could stomp her out. That and the dudes who look like Mac from always sunny strutting around like they're jacked as hell when they're just fat
laugh.gif

They always interfere with my workout, I downloads if tri and quadruple sets,Most of all I can't stand stink ppl

The frail guys at my gym are not that bold.. they dont wear wife beaters..

What I dislike is the old that does not cover up..

the only thing that frustrates me at my gym is the nasty middle aged women wearing some tight as grey shorts, stuff is disgusting and the fact that u have to take a elevator to get up to my gyms floor and i swear everybody in my gym smokes combined with the fact u are in a 5-8 area wit 5 hot, sweaty people it fn stinks

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by scshift

Ok so i was at the gym
and i noticed that this bodybuilder looking dude lifts the same amount as me in like 3 diff. areas....

Now i am pretty big, but not bodybuilder big, more like college linebacker size. Do you think he was on roids?  How can some1 that much bigger than me have the same strength?

Are you sure you guys had the same strength?

He might have been doing more reps, lighter weight to focus on form, at the end of a workout, or just weaker. Bodybuilders are trying to look good, not to be strong, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

he was doin the same reps as me and his form was mediocre. he was jerking his body

I love that feel. being the frailest dude there lifting more than people with 50+ lbs on me 
laugh.gif

on a side note who gives a !%%! what anyone else is wearing. Are there even other people at the gym? i didn't notice, I was too busy lifting/being in the zone

Your take?

I do notice a lot of guy like that, usually just ignore them. It's just another way for insecure guys to feel more confident. But sometimes, I can't help but just laugh. Especially, when they're walking at the speed of 2.0

Ok so i was at the gym
and i noticed that this bodybuilder looking dude lifts the same amount as me in like 3 diff. areas....

Now i am pretty big, but not bodybuilder big, more like college linebacker size. Do you think he was on roids?  How can some1 that much bigger than me have the same strength?
strength does not equal size

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Ok, so I was at 230 lbs. I lost a few pounds early on by accident basically. Wasnt trying to lose it, it just kind of happened because I was busy and what not. I decided since I had lost some I should keep it up. Well I am down to 190 now, which feels good, but I still want to get down to about 180. I hate working out so I lost all the weight by diet only basically. I do some pushups and situps but nothing that serious. I feel like losing this last 10 pounds has been more difficult though. Are there any exercises I can do at home that will help get this last 10 pounds off?
Cardio or high reps should help with your last 10 lbs. Once you get to a weight that's sufficient to your height, it'll be hard to lose anymore weight unless you completely stop the intake. What I would do is do as much walking or exercising as you can while stay on your diet. For example, when you're going grocery shopping. Park little further then usual so you can get some walking in. You can increase the intensity by carrying your groceries back to the car. I can't stand it when people go to the gym but try to find the nearest parking spot.

damn, been out the gym for like a solid year because i was focused on schoolwork with 18 credits and my girl. Now i'm on break and don't have to take 18 credits ever again so im gonna get back into it. Unlike most of you i get small when i go to the gym i have to get my weight up.

Aite so I really need to start eating healthier and start hitting the gym again. Do you guys think this is a decent diet? My goal is to lose fat. 
Meal 1 (7:30 AM): 2 hard boiled eggs

Meal 2 (10:00 AM): cup of yogurt and a banana 

Meal 3 (12:30 PM): chicken breast and salad

Meal 4 (3:00 PM): some snack (almonds, string cheese, crackers, etc.)

Meal 5 (5:30 PM, pre-workout): 1 PB&J (organic peanut butter and I won't put much jam
laugh.gif
)

Meal 6 (8:30 PM, post workout): chicken burgers or chicken breast, broccoli, carrots, brown rice

Others foods I'll be eating also:

-Tuna

-Apples

-Grapes

-Pasta with chicken meatballs

I'm going to avoid all fast food and soda. 

Opinions? Thanks guys. 

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

damn, been out the gym for like a solid year because i was focused on schoolwork with 18 credits and my girl. Now i'm on break and don't have to take 18 credits ever again so im gonna get back into it. Unlike most of you i get small when i go to the gym i have to get my weight up.

man your boutta be hella sore! I remember just taking 2 weeks off from lifting and then going back to it again I felt pretty sore but you took a whole year off so damn haha

That last sentence don't make sense

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Aite so I really need to start eating healthier and start hitting the gym again. Do you guys think this is a decent diet? My goal is to lose fat. 
Meal 1 (7:30 AM): 2 hard boiled eggs

Meal 2 (10:00 AM): cup of yogurt and a banana 

Meal 3 (12:30 PM): chicken breast and salad

Meal 4 (3:00 PM): some snack (almonds, string cheese, crackers, etc.)

Meal 5 (5:30 PM, pre-workout): 1 PB&J (organic peanut butter and I won't put much jam
laugh.gif
)

Meal 6 (8:30 PM, post workout): chicken burgers or chicken breast, broccoli, carrots, brown rice

Others foods I'll be eating also:

-Tuna

-Apples

-Grapes

-Pasta with chicken meatballs

I'm going to avoid all fast food and soda. 

Opinions? Thanks guys. 

My opinion is that your post is useless, sorry.

Find the nutritional info on the food you're eating and post that with each meal (calories, protein, carbs, fat). Post your height and weight if you dont know your maintenance calories, otherwise post that.

Whats a good well balanced shoulder exercise routine?

Currently I do something like:

DB or BB shoulder press
Side raises
Smith machine shoulder shrugs (bar behind)
Power cleans

I want to work on the traps too..

Doing my second round of starting strength 5x5. I feel like everyone should a cycle of this at least once a year. Your numbers will skyrocket. Such a great feeling after when you push your body to its limits

As for traps, the only exercise that has really worked for me is upright rows. When I was doing GVT, I would do 10x10 of just the bar alone and my traps would explode

Originally Posted by af1 1982

As for traps, the only exercise that has really worked for me is upright rows. When I was doing GVT, I would do 10x10 of just the bar alone and my traps would explode

I've read a lot of people on bodybuilding.com and other sites say upright rows are bad for your rotator cuff, too much weight and lifting them too high will really strain it. Is that true?

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by af1 1982

I've read a lot of people on bodybuilding.com and other sites say upright rows are bad for your rotator cuff, too much weight and lifting them too high will really strain it. Is that true?
Upright rows are a garbage exercise IMO. They have a higher risk of injury. I tweaked my wrist and had a nagging pain for several months. Heavy deadlifts are great for traps. Shrugs can also be done as well but I incorporate them into my shoulder workouts. Make sure you don't rotate your shoulders, just shrug up and down with a full ROM

Squats and deadlifts are best kept in the low rep (1-5) range, right? For as long as I've done them, that's all I've done them in and that's how I made my strength gains.

Not sure if I'm missing out on better gains, but I find that keeping the reps low means better form and it's easier to get stronger. I'm trying to get a 280 lb squat and a 350 lb deadlift by the end of next year. It's been a long while since I've deadlifted... I need to get back into that.

Back
Top Bottom