Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Whats a good weight gainer? I cant seem to break the 200lb mark. Im prob at 190 now, with little to no body fat. I dont have anything to turn to muscle now. My eating schedule def isnt good, but thatll change within the next week or so. I need something to get me over the hump. Im at the gym 5 days a week for an hour a day. Tempo runs once a week. Practice on sundays.

You need to eat more. Weight gainer isn't needed at all.

Look into carb cycling.
This. If you're not an ectomorph weight gainer is just gonna put on a bunch of fat quickly. I would say if you're using a whey protein just get an extra scoop or two a day to reach your calorie goal. But if you really want to try a gainer I would reccomend true mass but BE CAREFUL with it. If you have extra money to blow ON Complex Gainer is the best. But as I said be extremely careful with it and don't go crazy because you will gain some fat.

is it that bad to eat at night, like at 10-11pm? reason being is that i go to the gym late at night after work and i know its good to eat after a workout, but should i eat after? and not gain excess weight from eating late??
If you workout late at night it's ok to eat late.

While I was in good shape in high school, the stresses and schedule of college have had an impact on
my weight and overall energy level. I'm at about 215 lb right not and I'd like to be much healthier and
get down to around the 200 range. Are there any resources you guys would recommend for me to
check out? This thread is giving me the motivation I need to make drastic changes...

Thanks in advance for the help...

Anyone tried Shakeology? Been running every other at the track, and eating better and fixing to start going the gym also.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Whats a good weight gainer? I cant seem to break the 200lb mark. Im prob at 190 now, with little to no body fat. I dont have anything to turn to muscle now. My eating schedule def isnt good, but thatll change within the next week or so. I need something to get me over the hump. Im at the gym 5 days a week for an hour a day. Tempo runs once a week. Practice on sundays.

You need to eat more. Weight gainer isn't needed at all.

Look into carb cycling.
This. If you're not an ectomorph weight gainer is just gonna put on a bunch of fat quickly. I would say if you're using a whey protein just get an extra scoop or two a day to reach your calorie goal. But if you really want to try a gainer I would reccomend true mass but BE CAREFUL with it. If you have extra money to blow ON Complex Gainer is the best. But as I said be extremely careful with it and don't go crazy because you will gain some fat.

is it that bad to eat at night, like at 10-11pm? reason being is that i go to the gym late at night after work and i know its good to eat after a workout, but should i eat after? and not gain excess weight from eating late??
If you workout late at night it's ok to eat late.

reddit.com/r/gainit
i think you're better off there

i went from this to this in a month and a half
426905_10150589959361987_665056986_9308921_27376786_n.jpg

first pic was taken jan 5th second was taken feb 23rd

i've also gained about 5 kilos went from 65 to 70 so around 155 lbs. 

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Is it possible to do HIIT on an eliptical?

On Friday I was on it for 45 minutes, sprinting for 2 minutes then going slow for 2, back and forth for 10 cycles, then used the final 5 minutes to cool down. Any thoughts on that type of cardio workout?

you can, but i think most would agree that you should just hit the pavement for HIIT.  as far as the length of your cycles, there's no way you can sustain anything close to a "sprint" for 2 minutes.  keep it to 30-60 seconds.
I have a stress fracture in my foot right now and all I can do is bike and elliptical.  I have been doing HIIT on it.  10 min warm up then 5x1 min with 1 min rest at about 260 strides per minute.  Then do 3x1:30 with equal rest.   Then 4x2 min with equal rest.  Then finish with however man 1min cycles I can do.  Obviously not the same as running on a track or anything but it has worked out great for me so far.  On the elliptical though I recommend doing longer times than you would if actually running since the machine is kind of making it easier, also increase the resistance.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Last Sunday I weighted in at 174lbs (bulked from 152lbs 7 - 8 week ago), I started cutting and took my cals to about 1500-1600 a day, and weighted in today at 170lbs! Is this a kind of erratic weight less for a week? Im going hard at this, need to achieve a 12% body fat and I gotta work harder on my chest game.

Broooo, you're doing it wrong. A 22lb gain in 7weeks is usually just very little mass and alot of unnecessary fat. In my opinion just do a clean bulk, year round or until April. You can't drastically bulk and then cut in such a short period. Most bulks that are successful go for 5-7months, usually clean but it can be a dirty bulk; leading to a cut, which isn't drastic just usually cutting 100-300cals or adding cardio.Like I said before keep it at 2k-2,3...you'll lose weight and gain muscle at a decent pace. Don't do anything drastic, do something you can maintain. Don't cut carbs if you can't live without them, don't go crazy on your diet, just realize what goes in has to round to 2,3k. Unless you want to go below 14% bodyfat, there is no real need to be very strict with your diet.On phone, can't really be bothered to correct all the mistakes.Goodluck and Godspeed.

how much cardio do you all do each gym session?

i've been thinking about dedicating some days strictly for cardio, maybe a spin class.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

i've been thinking about dedicating some days strictly for cardio, maybe a spin class.
I am probably not the best person to answer this question but I will go ahead.  I consider myself a runner and can't run right now and am trying to drop weight.  Definitely not trying to get big or gain any mass.  When I am at the gym I will lift for 20-30 min. hitting whatever set of muscles I am doing quick without much rest then I will do some cardio.  Also do a warm up normally of 10 min on the elliptical.  On normal days I will do about an hour of cardio, if I am doing hiit I do about 45-50 min, and if it is an only cardio day I am doing 1hr-1:15.  Alot of that is on a elliptical with rowing machine and stair stepper mixed in.  When my foot heals up I will probably cut back a little on the cardio time and run outside. 

I would avoid the spin class though, I tried one and it was terrible, there are better things you can do in less time to get your cardio work in.

cool i will update this post here soon

Would Wheat turkey sandwichs work ?

i have turned up my basketball cardio also.

thanks NT.

is it cool to do squats and plyo on the same day or should i try to split them up for different times of the week.

Originally Posted by FOOLIO

man if I looked like the before picture fat wise I would be happy already.

Originally Posted by ReYoLystic

is it cool to do squats and plyo on the same day or should i try to split them up for different times of the week.

personally, i'd do them separately.  if i'm doing squats, i don't think i'd be able to fully exert myself for plyo, and vice versa.
Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by ireminisce

I am probably not the best person to answer this question but I will go ahead.  I consider myself a runner and can't run right now and am trying to drop weight.  Definitely not trying to get big or gain any mass.  When I am at the gym I will lift for 20-30 min. hitting whatever set of muscles I am doing quick without much rest then I will do some cardio.  Also do a warm up normally of 10 min on the elliptical.  On normal days I will do about an hour of cardio, if I am doing hiit I do about 45-50 min, and if it is an only cardio day I am doing 1hr-1:15.  Alot of that is on a elliptical with rowing machine and stair stepper mixed in.  When my foot heals up I will probably cut back a little on the cardio time and run outside.  

I would avoid the spin class though, I tried one and it was terrible, there are better things you can do in less time to get your cardio work in.

are you sure you're not doing MIIT? even with a 10 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down, navy seals would be puking.

Whats the best way to lose stomach fat, but also not lose muscle. Im 5'9 about 155, skinny guy, but got fat mostly around my midsection. How would i get rid of that. but also not lose muscle, and rather build muscle. Ive got my gym membership about 2 weeks ago and lost about 5-6 pounds doing cardio, and also lifting, and watching my diet pretty damn good. Eating protein and LOW fat foods. I do take whey protein when i lift, and starting to take 5grams of L-arginine as well. Any advice? Thanks.

Originally Posted by FOOLIO

Its crazy how tats look better on leaner bodies 

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Few weeks into my cut.

20h0q3r.jpg

i'm mirin.  details?  
my bulk semi-failed (gained only 5 pounds, but at best half that is muscle) and now i need to prep for coachella
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Last Sunday I weighted in at 174lbs (bulked from 152lbs 7 - 8 week ago), I started cutting and took my cals to about 1500-1600 a day, and weighted in today at 170lbs! Is this a kind of erratic weight less for a week? Im going hard at this, need to achieve a 12% body fat and I gotta work harder on my chest game.
Broooo, you're doing it wrong. A 22lb gain in 7weeks is usually just very little mass and alot of unnecessary fat. In my opinion just do a clean bulk, year round or until April. You can't drastically bulk and then cut in such a short period. Most bulks that are successful go for 5-7months, usually clean but it can be a dirty bulk; leading to a cut, which isn't drastic just usually cutting 100-300cals or adding cardio.Like I said before keep it at 2k-2,3...you'll lose weight and gain muscle at a decent pace. Don't do anything drastic, do something you can maintain. Don't cut carbs if you can't live without them, don't go crazy on your diet, just realize what goes in has to round to 2,3k. Unless you want to go below 14% bodyfat, there is no real need to be very strict with your diet.On phone, can't really be bothered to correct all the mistakes.Goodluck and Godspeed.
Well I'v been successfully doing 1860 cals a day for a week and half and have dropped 5lbs already (today I weight in at 169lbs), so you're saying I should go back up to my bulk cals (I was eating about 2600)? Im not cutting carbs, based on my diet chart im averaging 34% carbs, 35% fat and 30% protein. 
The one thing I notice is my body is getting use to the lower cals, to the point yesterday I only took in a measly 1100 cals and the last thing I ate was baked chicken breast and potato scallops at 7pm. So today I tricked it and kinda splurge a bit, threw in bacon this morning and scrambled eggs. Terrible, I know, but it needed to be done.  

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Few weeks into my cut.

20h0q3r.jpg

i'm mirin.  details?  
my bulk semi-failed (gained only 5 pounds, but at best half that is muscle) and now i need to prep for coachella
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
what are you doing specifically to cut down?  exercise/diet wise 

has anyone used 1mr? i use jack3d currently but i heard 1mr has u going harder, but I've also heard it gives u a headache

I just feel the need to let everyone know this. I ordered two cases of assault on bodybuilding.com. They had a 10% off assault code listed on the front page (can't remember what it was now, sorry). My total came out to be $68 which is a great deal. I get my shipment ONE day later and not only had they given me my order, I also got a free sample of ON hydrowhey AND AN EXTRA CASE OF ASSAULT FOR FREE!!!!!

Three assaults for $68. BB is awesome
pimp.gif

how do I lose my gut, while gaining mass?

or is that impossible.

ive been working out steady for a while now (over year) and get seem to do either.

been taking creatine, which has helped a little.

i lift and do cardio about 3-4 times a week. and i try to eat a decent amount, and more healthier than not.

im 6 ft 188 lbs

Back
Top Bottom