Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

my weight came down to 215, trying to be around 195 by end of june...

ive been playing a lot of ball, great cardio after my lifts....not on leg days tho

leg day tomorrow

squat...

stiff legged dl

lunges

leg extensions....

letss goo

what are good snacks i can eat throughout a work day, im a dish tech, so no microwaves or fridges.

im in need of a serious meal plan

hmm, whats a good meal replacement protein?

I'm finding it super difficult lately to eat the amount of protein I have to eat. No idea why either, my appetite has diminished
30t6p3b.gif

I was thinking of getting some hemp protein as a meal replacement and whey for after workout shake.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

hmm, whats a good meal replacement protein?

I'm finding it super difficult lately to eat the amount of protein I have to eat. No idea why either, my appetite has diminished
30t6p3b.gif

I was thinking of getting some hemp protein as a meal replacement and whey for after workout shake.

ON pro complex gainer banana its delicios but the scoop is bigger than those that come in the detergents....lol

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

what are good snacks i can eat throughout a work day, im a dish tech, so no microwaves or fridges.

Mixed nuts/trail mix. Veggies + natural peanut or almond butter. Multigrain chips by Food should taste this good (that's the name of the company). boiled egg whites (I used to do that) with a bit of salt.

I need a little more structure in my workouts...I end up just doing random machines/lifts. I'm getting results, lost 12 lbs in 2 months, but now I want to bulk/define my arms/delts. Can anyone recommend some nice routines?

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

I eat Apples and a Nature Valley Oat n honey bar
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

After I hardcore lift for about an hour, I drink a shake of this stuff. Then I usually shoot around for about 10-20 minutes, then start/host my no-rest Cross Fit class for 45 minutes, then hop on the treadmill for maybe 20-30 minutes, then hit the elyptical for 20 minutes.

As you can see, I usually burn around 2000-3000 calories on workout days. (3-5x a week)
Are you really doing 45 minutes of "non-stop" CrossFit after lifting like that, and doing an hour after of more cardio?  A properly executed sub-five-minute Fran should have you wiped.  If you're actually doing all that, you should be winning the CrossFit games. 

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by scshift

Does anyone else do overhead squats?
Yup. OHS are essential for anyone serious about increasing their athletic ability.

How can you increase your flexibility in your shoulder/rotator cuff? When I go down, my arms shift forward.

Also, what are other good exercises to complement OHS? My main focus is getting the OHS form right and increasing that particular lift.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

After I hardcore lift for about an hour, I drink a shake of this stuff. Then I usually shoot around for about 10-20 minutes, then start/host my no-rest Cross Fit class for 45 minutes, then hop on the treadmill for maybe 20-30 minutes, then hit the elyptical for 20 minutes.

As you can see, I usually burn around 2000-3000 calories on workout days. (3-5x a week)
Are you really doing 45 minutes of "non-stop" CrossFit after lifting like that, and doing an hour after of more cardio?  A properly executed sub-five-minute Fran should have you wiped.  If you're actually doing all that, you should be winning the CrossFit games. 

laugh.gif
Nawww of course we take a breather. Other wise we'd have girls and guys calling for paramedics! Our workout consist of the HIIT system (I'm sure you all already know)

But yeah probably, I would say every 5-7 minutes, we take a 30 second breather to catch our breath. Then on to the next workout.

Then hop on the treadmill and just jog it out for like 20-30 minutes (usually at level 6 or 7, out of levels 1-10). Then hop on the elyptical (try to get 5,000 strides no matter how long it takes)

*I do NOT do this everyday. I only host my class once maybe twice a week, depending on my schedule.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Make sure that peanut butter is natural and not that processed skippy crap. If you can, try and add some fish, spinach (raw is the best), and some fruit like grapes, mangoes, berries etc.
Aight, I'll see what Walmart has tomorrow or Friday.
I use sunny select, which has 23% total fat per serving.

On another note: Does anyone know what stores sell yams?
Originally Posted by John Mayer

iYen add more natural protein. and maybe more greens?

Does this include your post and pre shakes?
I only take 1 shake a day, post workout.
What are some natural protein that you'd recommend?

On another note: Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by iYen

Make sure that peanut butter is natural and not that processed skippy crap. If you can, try and add some fish, spinach (raw is the best), and some fruit like grapes, mangoes, berries etc.

you must have never shopped at a grocery store if you're asking what stores sell yams.
and by "natural protein" i think he means meat.  so beef, chicken, fish, etc.

I usually do not work out on my abs, maybe just once every 3 weeks.

But now I heard, if you got a good core and good abs, it will be easier to bulk your chest and shoulders, and bis etc.

Is that true? After you got good abs, does growing your muscles for chest and shoulders etc get easier when lifting?

Originally Posted by Based Mod

you must have never shopped at a grocery store if you're asking what stores sell yams.
I just checked walmart.com and they only sell canned yams.
Walmart is where I usually shop, so I'm not informed about what other stores sell.
Thanks for the natural protein recommendations.
I have canned chicken breast, would that be okay until I'm able to purchase some chicken breast?

Originally Posted by Based Mod

I just checked walmart.com and they only sell canned yams.
Walmart is where I usually shop, so I'm not informed about what other stores sell.
Thanks for the natural protein recommendations.
I have canned chicken breast, would that be okay until I'm able to purchase some chicken breast?
canned tuna is cheap and has more protein than chicken. but yeah. canned chicken is good. just watch out for sodium content ad preservatives in canned foods.
eat eggs.  I eat at least 3 whole eggs a day.

check out supermarket ads on the internet.  look for cheap protein ($1/lb split chicken breasts, $3/lb lean beef, $4-$5/lb salmon....sales rarely go below these prices).  Buy bulk and freeze when they're on sale. 

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

I usually do not work out on my abs, maybe just once every 3 weeks.

But now I heard, if you got a good core and good abs, it will be easier to bulk your chest and shoulders, and bis etc.

Is that true? After you got good abs, does growing your muscles for chest and shoulders etc get easier when lifting?

Personally, I dont do abs at all. I feel that the weakest link in the kinetic chain you activate during a lift will be strengthened. So overhead presses, squats etc will train abs. However, if your shoulders are not capable of supporting the same weight your abs are during an OH Press, then I suppose the abs could be allowing the shoulders to work harder because the shoulders will be more fatigued.

This is all conceptual, I'm NOT 100% sure I'm correct, and theres a lot of debate about whether working abs is necessary, or even really beneficial.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

1k..
Need info on the avy

Any good ways to remain in a cutting regiment while training to build speed and stamina when running. I don't want to sacrifice my weight regiment bc im finally gettn awesome gains in regards to muscle.

The main reason I ask is bc I am doing the Spartan race in june and the Warrior Dash in July.

I did a regular 5 last week and completing it in 39 min made me quite upset.

So any lifters train for speed and stamina too????

Thanks NTfamb
Im assuming youre talking 5k not miles? Run more, its probably your mental discipline that isnt there. I weigh 195 atm and ran a 5k in 23 minutes this week after not having run for over 6 months. Running is hard in a different way than lifting is. Its pain, for a long time. Thats what you need to get used to, and get over, to run faster.

In the process of leaning out even more for the summer by slowly adding back HIIT on the treadmill. Tryna get to that 6-8% range. right now I would say I'm around 11-12%:
Spoiler [+]
302yz48.jpg

Back
Top Bottom