Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

Im swtiching to a 4 week program of single muscle group workouts with higher reps.  My body needs a rest.

Durden, I thought you said you werent a big proponent of this. 

I'm tired of my isolated muscles workout. Can someone give me a legitimate compound workout? I've seen rippetoe ripoffs but I dunno which one is the best. A 3 day workout or whatever.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Durden7

Im swtiching to a 4 week program of single muscle group workouts with higher reps.  My body needs a rest.

Durden, I thought you said you werent a big proponent of this. 

Im not. 
laugh.gif

Ive been doing the same type of workout (Modified Push/Pull) for the past 4 months.  I felt as though it was time to give my muscles a rest so im decreasing the frequency and increasing the duration.  Ill do it for 4 weeks and then go back to my preferred method of push/pull.

Its not an ideal way of training, but if its thrown in at the right time it has its benefits.  Its not a long term plan and its not functional.

For the first time ever, I went into the gym Friday and said to myself, "I think I might be getting tired of this mess."

Been working out religiously for 8 years now. Wish I had a weird job so I can work out outside every day.

Anyone else feel this way man?

Originally Posted by iLLest

Went out and got some fresh healthy groceries today. 
pimp.gif

Back to eating healthy and no Drinking for a while.

Still need to cop Protein tomorrow. $ is low. 
eyes.gif

Couple questions. 

- If I try different proteins every time a tub runs out it isn't a bad thing right? I mean it's all whey protein..

- Instead of having a 2 scoop protein shake in the morning and 1 after a workout. I was thinking of breaking it down like this. 1 scoop in morning. 1 scoop during lunch. And 2 after workout. Better?

- Any supps you guys recommend? I've heard of multivitamins, fish oil etc, preworkout supps, creatine. Don't really know what to get. Any advice will help.

- How do you properly count calories? Seems pretty hard.

- What's the best time of the day to workout for effectiveness? Morning vs. Night.

I will be doing a full body workout on Mondays. 

I will also be doing 10 minutes of Jump Rope and then Cardio.

Tuesday-Friday I will be doing a single muscle group at a time. Except for combining biceps and triceps. 

Feel really juiced and motivated like before. 
pimp.gif

Thanks for your help in advance.

iLLest!

A.  Its not a bad thing if you try a different brand/flavor of whey protein after each runs out.  It wont hurt your body in any way.  (Other than the fact thats its not real food, but you cant escape that)
B.  Whats the use for 3 to 4 scoops total?  If anything, only 1 after a workout is needed.  Even that can be heavily argued that it isnt necessary.  Is it because of scheduling and convenience?  I would not say that its a better way of doing it.
C.  It all depends on your nutritional habits.  If youre eating balanced meals then most of that stuff isnt necessary.  If you dont like fish, then a fish oil pill wouldnt hurt.  Everything else you mentioned isnt need.
D.  Why seems hard about counting calories?  Is it knowing what the breakdown of macro-nutrients in an item?  Theres sites online and books that will give you a good idea of what is inside the food you eat.  Is it figuring out the grams of each you should be consuming?
E.  The best time to workout is the time when you have the most energy and are awake.  There isnt a standard time that is best for everyone.  Everyone has a different body clock and some people respond better to different time.  Im a morning person.  I enjoy working out in the morning (before noon) and the later it gets in the day the worse my workouts get.  I wont workout past 5 pm.  My motivation is so low that I barely get anything done.  Its all personal preference.

How are you breaking down your workout?  Its a full body workout on monday then what groups on what days?  Whats the motivation behind the program?  To me it just seems like somethings missing or something is being overdone.  (Without seeing the actual program)

Why no skip the cardio completely and do more jump roping?

Its good to see that youre modivated again.  I hope you stick with it for awhile.

people at the gym asking me for advice, guess I've made it
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
too bad its everyone asking me how to  work out their abs so they can have a 6 pack by summer
laugh.gif

than they stone me
indifferent.gif
after I tell them you can't spot reduce weight

and walk off,  btw I don't even have a 6pack so them asking me
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Derek916

people at the gym asking me for advice, guess I've made it
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
too bad its everyone asking me how to  work out their abs so they can have a 6 pack by summer
laugh.gif

than they stone me
indifferent.gif
after I tell them you can't spot reduce weight

and walk off,  btw I don't even have a 6pack so them asking me
roll.gif
Welcome the world of personal training. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by djkaos23

I just cant seemed to get motivated man. I mean Ive been to the gym to play hoops but I look at the weights and i just think of what i can be doing and then i just walk away cause their is no motivation there. I going to try again this week. I really need to get back asap cause i have put 7-10 back on, I know and feel it. I see it.

Any motivating tips out there. Anyone. Help lol. I have all my supplements just sitting and doing nothing for me. Any help is appreciated
Here's my tip.  You can lift heavy for just 30 minutes 3 times a week and see decent gains in size and muscle.  It's a misconception that you need to be lifting heavy for like 2 hrs every day to look good. 

Bench press
squat/deadlift
pull ups/rows

You can do a full body workout for 30 minutes using those exercises.  

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

I'm tired of my isolated muscles workout. Can someone give me a legitimate compound workout? I've seen rippetoe ripoffs but I dunno which one is the best. A 3 day workout or whatever.

What I have been doing the past couple of weeks or so is supersetting 6 days a week with a day off, usually Sunday:

Day 1:  Chest/Back
Day 2:  Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps
Day3:  Legs
Repeat

Vary exercises each time but may focus on certain parts moreso than others such as upper chest on those particular days.  I may also do a heavy day then a light day, pyramiding my sets.  Heavy day start with 10 reps and work my way to 6 and then a light day start with 15 and work my way to 10, or something to the affect.

I like supersetting because it keeps me active throughout the workout, heart rate up,etc. 

it's gonna be impossible for me to get down to.. 160-170 again

miss being lean. feel too big for my clothes.

i lack the discipline.

oh well atleast i got stronger.

I swear this thread moves way too fast with just constant gibberish.. We need a "Weight loss/gains thread" separate from this..

I'm going to order my protein, I need something with little carbs so I was going with this All The Whey Vanilla it has 2 carbs:
proteinblend.gif

Any of you guys had this before?

i know theres oodles and oodles of respondes... but this thread has become too big to search.

what's the cheapest protein on the market? ive always avoided supplements... but now that i have a 30 minute drive from the gym before i get home... its hard to get any protein immediately after my workout.

For the entire month of may I'm going 100% supp free.
Mainly for financials. I'd like to see how I progress/perform without anything but coffee pregame and whole foods.

This coming from a guy with a cupboard full of pills and powders

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

For the entire month of may I'm going 100% supp free.
Mainly for financials. I'd like to see how I progress/perform without anything but coffee pregame and whole foods.

This coming from a guy with a cupboard full of pills and powders
I think it would be a great endeavor and probably eye opening as well.  I wanna know how it goes.

almost end of the month. progress time.

anyway, intrabolic on wheycheap tomorrow. blue rasberry flavor for those that are interested. i want to piitb 2 or 3 times.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

almost end of the month. progress time.

anyway, intrabolic on wheycheap tomorrow. blue rasberry flavor for those that are interested. i want to piitb 2 or 3 times.

alien.gif

anyways, someone just told me their ke to success (supposedly) was a during-workout shake of 50g protein and 60g straight up dextrose which is straight up corn sugar.

his words: "Some people argue that sugars are sugars, but that's just stupid. Ifyou want the simplest carbs, get em, because they will be absorbed muchfaster."

thoughts??

^Ive actually met a professional body builder who wakes up in the morning and drink juice with his shake. He does it post work out too. He said its gets the protein to the muscle faster. He's about 5'8 160lbs and lean as I dont know what.

is drinking a smoothie bad if you're trying to get better abs?

or how about home made milkshake - banana, strawberry, sugar & milk?

I did squats for the first time last thursday and my legs are still sore, I cant run or bend down and cant walk straight. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom